Chapter Forty Five

Taming of the monkey

'Open up.'

Hyuk shook his head and crossed his arms in defiance. 'Ask nicer.'

'Eunhyuk...'

'Not like that! Or I'll open you up!' He growled.

Hae sighed. 'It's always the same with you. I want you to try something new and you refuse like a five year old. You are way too picky about food.' In the corner of his eye he saw his lover trying to eat a strawberry. 'Aha!!!!' Hae shouted, startling the other guests for a second.

Hyuk was slowly turning red as Hae pried his hand off the bowl of strawberries the younger had hidden right under the table.

Hae gave him his serious look and Hyuk just rolled his eyes, waiting for the preaching that would come undoubtedly. He blinked and looked back at his lover when he was met with silence.

Hae stared at something, his fork raised halfway in between them. Hyuk followed his gaze and his eyes widened.

Kyuhyun and Heechul just entered the breakfast room of the hotel. They both looked as if they've gone to war. Their hair was disheveled and they looked exhausted. But Hae just noticed their glow and the little squeeze Kyu's hand had given Heechul's right before he let go.

'Hae, please we are in public.' Hyuk whispered, afraid for another outburst.

But Hae's eyes had softened.  

They had reached their table. Kyu was avoiding eye contact but Heechul was looking directly at Hae.

'Goodmorning.' Hae said softly.

'Morning.' Kyu's voice still sounded sleepy. Heechul just nodded his head.

Hyuk just eyed one after the other.

'Please have breakfast with us, here are some strawberries.' Hae pleaded, ignoring Hyuk's whine.

The two men sat themselves down.

'Kyu?' Hae said softly.

Kyuhyun slowly turned his head and finally made eye contact. 'Hmmm?'

Hae's eyes suddenly were filling up with tears. Everyone at the table froze.

'Baby' Hyuk choked out, immediately trying a bit of the pastry the older had offered earlier.

This just made Hae cry harder.

Kyu swallowed.

Hae just grabbed Heechul's and his brother's hand. 'I'm s-so sorry.' He choked.

'Hae.' Heechul said gently. 'I really love him.'

'I-I k-kno-ow.' Hae cried, he kissed the palms of their hands since speaking was hard with his throat closed off.

Hyuk cupped his lover's face and wiped the tears away. 'You silly thing, there is no need to cry.'

'B-but I was so m-mean.' He hicupped.

Kyu quickly stood up.

'Kyuhyun.' Heechul's voice sounded like a warning but the younger ignored it. He looked straight at his brother. Then he walked up to him and hugged him tight. 'Idiot'. Kyu mumbled as he held his brother even closer.

Hyuk frowned.

'It's our favourite word nowadays.' Heechul smiled sheepishly.

 

'Whoaaaaaaaa' Kyu screamed on top of his lungs. His hands pulling Hae with him to the edge of the Eiffel Tower.

'K-Kyu, I'm afraid of heights, please!' Hae whimpered.

Heechul and Hyuk were watching them.

'Guess I owe you a big thank you.' Heechul said, his hands in his pockets.

'Hmmm.' Hyuk answered.

'Oh don't be so modest, you punk, I know you've talked with that hottie of yours.' Heechul smirked.

'He was just afraid to lose Kyu, I think you can relate.' Hyuk said calmly.

The grin disappeared. 'Yeah. We talked all night. We'll try to not give into our...feelings until he's of age.'

'Hyung, are you blushing?' Hyuk mocked.

'Shut up, monkey face!'

'That's no way to address a student, Mr. Kim.'

'You've graduated, punk.'

'No thanks to you.'

'I beg to differ, if you hadn't met Hae, you would have gone off the rails.'

'Me meeting Hae had nothing to do with you!'

Heechul just shrugged.

'By the way, it's impossible to keep your hands off the one you love.' Hyuk said as he walked away towards Hae and pulled him into a loving embrace.

Hae's fear subdued and he leaned into the warmth. 'Hyukkie.'

'Baby.'

'Ewww.' Kyu exclaimed but turned slightly pink when he felt an arm around him.

'Be nice.' Heechul whispered.

'Chullie...'

'You are so whipped.' Hyuk laughed at Kyu.

Kyu slowly lifted an eyebrow and just stared blankly at Hyuk.

Hyuk bit his lip. 'Fine, I'm too, I know but I'll let you in on a secret. It's totally worth it.' He grinned his gummy smile to the fullest.