Chapter Fifteen

Taming of the monkey

'Kyu!! Stop running!' Hyuk panted. He never knew the nerdy kid had it in him.

Kyu's eyesight was blurry from his tears. He couldn't hear a thing, his mind was preoccupied. Suddenly he felt two arms grabbing him and pulling him into warmth.

He hadn't even noticed he was cold or that is was raining quite hard. He burried his head against  Hyuk's shoulder and cried.

'Shhhh Kyu. We'll find a way.' Hyuk whispered as he the younger's back.

'I-I can't be without him, Hyuk.' Kyu choked.

'I know, I know.'

'He's so strong and I...I'm not.'

Hyuk sighed.

'When we were little he always protected me, from day one he was nice to me. I used to do everything to push him away. I didn't want a brother. I wanted my umma back. B-but he never took a step away from me. When appa started to get more aggressive, Hae always jumped in front of me, making sure I wouldn't get hurt.'

Hyuk just listened.

'Hae started working when he was 11, he did all kinds of little jobs. He always put half of what he earned aside and the other half he spent on me. He made sure I would get all that I needed, since appa didn't really care. He must have been so tired most of the time but he kept on smiling. His appa was a wealthy man. The day he became a father he found out that his wife was cheating on him with my appa. He started to doubt if Hae was his son. It drove him mad. He took his own life but he made a very tight will so that all of his wealth would go to Hae. If Hae would die, the money would go to charity. That is the only thing that made my appa keep Hae alive. Hae never touched his appa's money for himself though.' Kyu started to sob even more.

'When I tried to help my brother, it would only result in him being beaten even more.' He continued. 'The only thing that kept him going was his love for books. He once told me it was his way to escape. Everytime he was reading, he was in another world. A better, happy place.'

'Why doesn't he use the money for himself?' Hyuk asked when Kyu had been quiet for a bit.

'Somehow he can't and since he has been working for so long, he doesn't really need it. He barely spends money on himself anyway. He uses his appa's money to help others. That is one of the reasons why he does the house calls. When he finds students in financial problems he will solve that without them ever finding out.'

Hyuk froze. He remembered how the other day his umma received a letter from the insurance company notifying them that their roof would be replaced without any costs and more isolation would be used. He had found it weird but was happy cause they could save money on heating then. He had heard two similar stories in his class with other students.

'Your brother is too good for this world.' Hyuk whispered in awe.

 

After Hyuk dropped Kyu off at Heechul, he went to the hospital. As he was outside Hae's door he heard voices.

'You useless piece of !' 

'I-I didn't call the cops.' That was definitely Hae's voice.

'You know I'll make sure I'll get Kyu now.' The other voice threatened.

Hyuk barged in. He saw an older man with his hand on Hae's throat.

'Get your filthy hands off of him!' Hyuk screamed realising it was Mr. Cho.

'Hyuk no! Get out!' Hae yelled.

'And who the hell are you?' Kyu's appa said, letting go of Hae and approaching Hyuk menacingly.

'No! Don't harm him!' Hae shouted.

Hyuk felt how he was slammed against a wall.

'I knew you were gay, I knew it!' Mr Cho smiled devilishly. 'I'll use that against you in court! Your life is over, you little brat.'

'Gay?' Hyuk said. 'Mister Lee isn't gay at all. I'm just one of his students.'

'Oh dear, one of his precious students.' Cho mocked. 'Here to make a confession? They always do.'

Hyuk's eyes widen.

'Oh you didn't know? This fake son of mine seems to be very popular with both males and females. I should have used that to our advantage. He could have entertained some of my friends.'

Hyuk wasn't dumb. He knew the older man was scanning his face for a reaction.

'I'm not really that fond of Mr. Lee.' Hyuk said with a poker face. He refused to look at Hae.

'Really now? Why not?'

'He's a hypocrit, a softy and a lousy teacher.' Hyuk forced himself to say this.

'You hear that, you little brat. Finally someone that doesn't give a rat's about you. I like you kid!' He patted Hyuk on the back.

'Don't touch him!' Donghae shouted.

'Oh oh what is this? Oh my Donghae you are so pathetic. You like this one don't you? I can see it in the way you look at him.' Mr. Cho continued.

'Eunhyuk, get out now.' Hae said sternly.

Hyuk finally looked at him. He bit the inside of his cheek. Hae looked panicked and scared.

'Do you have a girlfriend?' the old man asked.

'Broke up with her a couple of weeks ago.' Hyuk said calmly.

Someone entered the room. It was a young girl, Hyuk estimated her being just a bit older than him.

'Ahhh great timing as always, sweety.' Mr.Cho said. 'Eunhyuk this is my secretary, she's pretty isn't she.'

'She is.' Hyuk admitted.

'You two make out.' Mr. Cho demanded while getting closer to Donghae. Hyuk read the situation well. He was trapped. This was a test.

The girl walked over to Hyuk and circled her arms around him. Hyuk looked briefly over her shoulder towards Hae. He closed his eyes and started kissing the girl deeply. She started immediately.

'They look hot together, don't they Donghae?' Mr.Cho commented with a smirk.

Hae banned all emotion from his face as he saw Hyuk's hand grab the girl's .

Hyuk pulled away. 'Can I borrow her for awhile, Mr?' He smirked. Mr. Cho laughed out loud.

'See that Donghae? That is what normal guys are like. That is how you initiate and lose your ity. You damn pathetic loser.' The old man mocked.

Hyuk froze and his eyes tried to meet his teacher's in search of confirmation. Hae's face said enough though. He was still a . Hyuk closed his eyes. God he was so disgusted with himself. He forced an unexperienced innocent person to pleasure him.

Donghae saw the disgust on Eunhyuk's face and his heart broke a little. He bowed his head. He was indeed a pathetic loser. Hyuk obviously was appalled at him still being a . Never had Hae felt more like a freak than right now.

'Come sweety, let's go.' Mr Cho put his arm around the girl. 'Oh and Donghae, tell Kyu to come back.' The old man left.

The room was filled with silence.

'Hae....' Hyuk said.

'I know, you don't have to tell me.' Hae whispered not wanting to hear any hurtful words right now.

'You do?' Hyuk was surprised. Maybe he was more of an open book to others than to himself. He just had realised how deep his feelings were for his teacher.

'Yes, I'm sorry we feel so different about each other.' Hae continued.

Hyuk's world collapsed. He should have known. Hae was sweet to everyone, he wasn't special to him at all. 'I see.' Hyuk said. 'Well nothing we can do about that then.'

'Right' Hae said.

'I'll go then.' Hyuk said coldly and left.

The minute the door closed Hae started crying. His heart hurt way more than his injuries and no scar could fill up that gap.

Hyuk dropped down against the outside wall of Hae's room. He tried to ignore the dull pain in his chest. He had to shove his feelings aside and solve the issue. By all means Hae deserved to be happy. He couldn't be seperated from his brother and Hyuk would do anything to keep that from happening.