Chapter Eighteen

Taming of the monkey

'I'm an idiot, damn it, fool!' Hyuk was yelling on the top of his lungs.  He was on the roof of the school building, ignoring the stunning view. He was too preoccupied with his own stupidity.

'Seriously, Eunhyuk, the guy goes through hell and back and you ually assault him right away!' Hyuk yelled at himself.

It just hurts so much. Being in the same room, looking in his eyes, feeling his warmth... I can't take it anymore. Hyuk took the conversation inwards while he rested against the cold wall. He still isn't happy, he looked burdened earlier. Aish. Why did he have to fall for the guy with the saddest eyes on the planet? I can't change the world for you, Hae. I'm not strong enough. I-I can't make you happy like you deserve and you don't feel the same anyway... I'm not going to cry again, I'm not...

 

Hae wanted to forget. His past, his present, his grim future. Everything and everyone. He lifted his shot of liquor and drank it in one go. He signaled to the bartender to fill it again. He still can remember the gummy smile. He drinks. Those witty eyes. Another shot. The way he takes care of other students when he thinks no one notices. 'You can leave the bottle here.' Hae slurred to the bartender.

 

'Umma, I'm going for a walk, I might end up with Kyu at Mr. Kim's place!' Hyuk yelled as he put on his coat.

'Okay sweety, I won't wait up.' His umma answered.

Hyuk placed himself on a bench and tried to read a bit. He enjoyed the city noises.  Focusing was hard though, his mind kept wandering off. He knew he had to move on and he would. He sighed and started walking again. Suddenly he frowned. Wasn't that Hae's car? It was parked in front of a bar. Hyuk peeked through the window and saw his teacher sitting lonely at the bar. He couldn't enter though, since he wasn't of legal drinking age yet. He couldn't just stand here and wait for the other to drink himself to death either. He suddenly noticed a phone number on the door. He dialed it and saw the bartender picking up.

'Hi, this is officer Lee speaking, this is a protocol phone call to remind you that it is forbidden to pour alcohol to someone that is already drunk. Please use this advice wisely since your bar will be checked upon regularly.' Hyuk hung up and saw the bartender moving nervously towards Hae.

Hae stumbled outside. He never in his life had been kicked out a bar before. He giggled.

'Hey Hae'

'Just great, now i'm hearing voices.' Hae mumbled to himself.

Hyuk lifted the older's chin up.

'Wowww cool hallucination.' Hae blinked a couple of times and then softly slapped Hyuk. 'I should drink more often.'

'Give me the car keys, you fool.' Hyuk said softly.

'God, even my illusions are bossy.' Hae tried to toss the keys over but just hit his own eye.  

'Can't believe you are still this adorable when you're drunk out of your mind.' Hyuk mumbled. He gently helped Hae in the car and then took the wheel himself.

It was only a short drive. Hae had been admiring the city lights not really making sense with his ramblings.

'Come on, baby. You are home.' Hyuk said while lifting Hae to his feet.

Hae leaned heavily on him. 'You even smell like him.' He mumbled.

'Baby, where are your keys?'

Hae just breathed in his ear.

Hyuk sighed and searched the other's pockets. Hae started squirming. 'Stand still!' Hyuk ordered. Hae pouted but obeyed. 'Don't pout' Hyuk whispered and caressed the bottom lip with his thumb. He opened the door and dragged Hae inside.

'Wheeeee' Hae squealed as he was dropped onto the bed.

'Undress, I'll get you some water.' Hyuk said and left.

'Best...hallucination...ever.' Hae whispered and then started giggling. He closed his eyes.

Suddenly cool hands were caressing the sides of his forehead. 'Hyukkie...'

Eunhyuk swallowed and stared at the person that can lift him to heaven with one glance yet often pulled him down in hell with his words. He started untying the shoes and removing them.

'Are we going to have now?' Hae asked.

Hyuk stiffened. 'What?'

'I know you aren't real but could you please sleep with me?' Hae blinked unfocused in his direction.

Hyuk laughed first and then started crying. 'Of course you come at me with this the minute I decided to try to move on.'

Hae was tossing an turning and threatened to fall out of bed. Hyuk stopped him. 'Try to sleep, baby.'

Hae grabbed his wrist. 'Sleep with me.'

Hyuk gave in. He took off his shoes and pants. He lifted the covers and crawled next to him.

'No funny business, Hae Hae!' He said sternly.

Hae saluted. Hyuk couldn't resist and gave the older a soft peck on the lips. 

Hae nestled his head against him and fell asleep immediately.

This is the happiest I felt in ages. Thank you for this one night, Hae. With that final thought Hyuk slowly drifted away.