Chapter Sixteen

Taming of the monkey

'So all we need is money.' Hyuk stated.

'Cause it needs to be done fast, yes.' Heechul said.

'I know how to get it.'

'Nothing illegal I hope?'

'Don't worry, it won't break anything that isn't broken already.' Hyuk left after his cryptic message.

 

'You are a fast healer, Mr. Lee.' The doctor said.

'Thanks, when can I go home?'

'Tomorrow.' The doctor signed his chart and left.

Hae smiled. He was dying for some privacy so he can crawl in a dark corner and cry his heart out. This mask was getting tiresome.

 

Hyuk softly knocked on the door. He couldn't hear an answer. He opened the door and saw a sleeping Donghae. He slowly approached his teacher.

His hand trembled as it lightly touched the older's hair. 'I'd do anything for you, Hae. You have given your all to the world your entire life, it's time the world repays you. And if you will grow to hate me in the process, well, that would be a price I'm willing to pay.'

Hyuk sat down and waited patiently for the other to wake up.

'Hyuk, what are you doing here?' Hae asked little over an hour later.

'Oh, you are awake? I need your help.' Hyuk decided to go straight to his goal.

Concern was written all over Hae's face. 'Are you in trouble?'

'Yes, I am.' Hyuk faked embarrasment.

'How can I help?'

'I need money.'

'How much?'

Hyuk named a large sum.

Hae didn't even blink. 'Ok. Hand me over my check book and my wallet, it's in that closet over there.'

Hyuk scanned his teacher's face in disbelief. 'You aren't even going to ask me why?'

Hae looked surprised. 'No why?'

Hyuk couldn't help it, he wanted to break down and cry so badly. Instead he got angry. 'Why? Why? you ask. I could be scamming you!'

Hae frowned. 'But you aren't.'

Hyuk got the check book and threw it at Hae.

Hae misunderstood the emotions of the younger. 'Hey, Hyuk, don't feel embarrassed about it.' He said softly.

Hyuk snatched the check after it was signed. He grabbed Hae by the hospital shirt and pulled him up for an angry yet needy kiss. 'Thanks' Hyuk choked out and quickly left the room. 

 

'Congratulations, Mr. Kim, you are the legal guardian of this sixteen your old boy.' The lawyer smiled.

'And this will hold in court?' Heechul asked.

'Yes, since the biological parents are either dead or abusive , proven by police files.'

'Thank you so much.' Kyu hugged Heechul.

'You should thank Hyuk, he made most of it happen.' Heechul said softly.

'Where is he anyway?' Kyu asked.

'I don't know. Come, let us go tell your brother, but remember Hyuk wants to be left out of the story.'

 

'Hae, I have good news.' Kyu beamed. They were in Hae's garden.

Donghae's eyes lit up when he saw his brother's joy.

'Appa can't harm you anymore.' Kyu stated.

Hae froze. 'I'm not handing you over!'

'You don't have to, I've got a legal guardian.'

Hae's eyes widened. 'That isn't possible, that takes months and months and we don't know anyone that is allowed to be that.'

Heechul cleared his throat.

Donghae remained oblivious. 'Aish Kyu, have you been scammed by someone?'

Heechul repeated the annoying sound.

'Wait, I'll get you some water, hyung.' Hae was about to get up.

'Sit down you flipping idiot. I am the damn frigging guardian! God can't you take a hint?' Heechul exploded.

Hae's jaw dropped. He attempted to close his mouth but it dropped again.

'They made YOU a guardian?'

'And what is that tone supposed to mean?'

Hae's brain was working fast. Heechul was old enough, he had a trustworthy profession...slowly reality was sinking in and Hae started crying heavily.

'Hey now, calm down Hae, we aren't playing with you. I'll show you the documents.' Heechul's voice never sounded softer.

'It's okay, hyung. This is his reaction to extreme happiness.' Kyu laughed and hugged his silly brother.

Hyuk tore his eyes away from the scene. He was checking up on Hae from a distance like he did twice a day. He was glad he had witnessed this. 'You deserve it.' He whispered and turned around to leave in between the trees.