Chapter Thirty Two

Taming of the monkey

'Kyu, what's wrong?' Hyuk asked as he came to the counter to load up some beverages.

'Nothing.' Kyu was drying off some glasses.

Both of them had summer jobs before they would go to the university.

Hyuk looked at his friend and bit his lip. He had heard from Hae that Kyu was being weird lately and he had to agree.

Hyuk quickly served the customers and then started to text his boyfriend.

Kyu just continued to work on, his mind distracted.

Two girls came up to him and started flirting. He just smiled at them and handed them their order. When he looked up his eyes met those of Heechul, who had just entered.

Kyu's smile slowly disappeared as he saw an arm attached to the other. His gaze went slightly to the left where he saw the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He could see that those two were quite intimate by the way she was clinging on to him.

'Hey, Mr. Kim!' Hyuk greeted him as the two seated themselves at a table. 'What can I offer you?'

Heechul smiled at Hyuk. 'Are you well?'

'Yes, sir and very happy!' Hyuk's gummy smile appeared.

'You better be, you lucky bastard.' Heechul smiled warmly. 'How's Hae?'

Hyuk's eyes expressed so much feelings, Heechul felt envious. It must be so nice to be so much in love together.

'He's Hae, simply perfect.' Hyuk whispered as he shyly rubbed the nape of his neck.

 

Hae was at his place, sitting on the floor, surrounded by mountains of traveling magazines. He wanted to surprise his love with a trip to Europe. He had to plan it in secret though. He knew what kind of stuff his crazy monkey liked so he inserted that in his traveling plans. A mix of culture, relaxation and shopping would do the trick. And good food of course. He smiled as he thought of Hyuk's obsession with food. He felt his phone vibrate and opened the text message he had received. His heart jumped up as he saw it was from Hyuk. A frown appeared as he read the content. What was up with his brother? Hae quickly hid the magazines and got his coat. He needed to figure out why Kyu was so unhappy lately.

 

'Why is my order taking so long?' Heechul stood by the counter and eyed Kyu.

'I'm contemplating who's drink to mess with, yours or hers.' Kyu stated.

Heechul didn't let the words bother him but the empty look in Kyu's eyes worried him deeply.

'You hate me so much now?' Heechul asked.

Kyu looked surprised. 'Hate?' He chuckled bitterly.

'You seem angry with me. Is it because of the professor thing or that girl the other day?'

'It is about how frigging stupid you are.' Kyu lashed out.

'Look Kyu, I'm your guardian, not your best friend. It's my duty to see that no one messes with you.'

'Even if I want them to?'

'Who is this person that got you so riled up?' Heechul asked desperately.

'It doesn't matter anyway since you are so much against it.'

Heechul sighed.

'And you are such a damn hypocrite. I can't have fun but you are seen with another woman or man every single day!' Kyu hissed.

'So this is how you are going to act for the next year and a half?' Heechul said.

'Why is the age thing so important to you?' Kyu asked.

Heechul looked down. Because I'm not ready to give you away yet. 'We'll talk about this later.' He said softly.

'Whatever.' Kyu said rudely and turned away.

Heechul grabbed the drinks and returned to his table.

'Problems?' The girl asked.

'Typical teenager.' Heechul said not realising Kyu overheard and stared at him with a deeply heart broken look.

 

Hae entered. He saw Kyu was close to tears and his heart hurt. His eyes locked on his boyfriend's. They shared a concerned look.

'Hey Hae!' Heechul got up and hugged his friend tightly.

'Chullie!'

'What brings you here? Oh I know, that handsome monkey.' Heechul smirked as he saw the blush appear. 'Come sit with me!' He smacked Hae's .

Kyu couldn't take it anymore. He just threw his kitchen towel away and ran off. Tears were forming in his eyes.

Hae had seen the sudden movement from the corner of his eyes and quickly followed his brother.

'Mr. Kim?' Hyuk said.

Heechul looked at the two guys running away and frowned. 'Hmmmm?'

'What's wrong with Kyu?'

'Nothing, I just might be too greedy.' Heechul mumbled.

Hyuk didn't get it and decided to not ask any further.

 

'Kyu! Stop running!' Hae yelled.

Kyu just collapsed and kneeled in the park on the grass. Hae quickly embraced him.

'Kyu baby, what is wrong?'

'I-I d-don't know what to do.' Kyu sobbed.

'How can I make it better?'

'You can't.'

'Kyu...'

'How can you stop loving someone?' Kyu asked so desperately it jolted Hae's heart.

'Sweety, love is a good thing.'

'Not when it's onesided.'

'Even then it has meaning.' Hae caressed his brother's hair and wiped the tears away.

'I c-can't take it anymore, Hae Hae.'

'Then step back for a second. Heal and try to get a friendship out of it when you are ready.'

'Aish, I can't do that!'

'What does Heechul say about it?' Hae asked.

Kyu just stared, his eyes showed so much hurt and confusion. He burried his head against his brother's chest.

'It's okay, we'll talk about it later.' Hae said softly.