Chapter Seven

Taming of the monkey

'Hae, can you take over my detention class?' Heechul asked, batting his eyelashes repeatedly.

Donghae smiled and nodded. He had to read the essays anyway might as well do some supervision.

He picked up the stack and left for the detention room. When he opened the door, he noticed two things.

Eunhyuk was dozing off with his head on a desk and right behind him sat Kyuhyun with a guilty look.

'What did you do?' Hae shouted startling the students. Eunhyuk woke up and frowned thinking the scream was meant for him.

'Why do you care?' Hyuk muttered.

But Hae walked over to Kyu, grabbed his arm and dragged him out the room leaving the rest dumbfounded.

He pushed Kyu to the wall in the hallway, placed his hand above the younger's shoulder and leaned in. 'Well?'

'Hyung, you'll get us caught!' Kyu whined.

'Spill!'

'I accepted a challenge.' Kyu stared at the ground.

'What challenge?'

'To drop my food on Mr. Park.' Kyu whispered.

'You messed with Mr. Park's white clothes...why?' Hae sighed.

'I don't like to be seen as a boring, nerdy kid.'

'Kyu, you are popular!'

'Only in your eyes, hyung.' Kyu bit his lip.

'How do you think Mr. Park felt?'

Kyu swallowed.

Hae tilted the younger's head and saw the guilt and remorse in his eyes.

'I understand the need to feel popular, just don't lose yourself along the way or you might wake up one day hating what you've become.' Hae hugged his brother.

Kyu sniffed and nodded.

 

He knew it! Donghae was a flaming hypocrite! Hyuk felt sick to his stomach as he watched the lovey dovey behaviour of his teacher from afar.

Acting as if he cares about students but having indecent relations with them! Hyuk quickly pulled out his cell and snapped some pictures. He noticed his hands were trembling. Why did he feel so disappointed and....and...ugh what was he feeling anyway? It shouldn't bother him that Donghae apparently liked the nerdy type.

As he saw the hug ending, Hyuk quickly went back to the detention room.

 

'Okay, you know the drill, I advise you to study a bit or do your homework but I'm fine with you guys reading or whatever as long as you don't disturb the rest.' Hae said calmly. He sat down and started reading the essays, oblivious of the dark looks he was getting from Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned to Kyu.

'Sorry but can you lend me a piece of paper?' Kyu asked.

Hyuk was about to rudely decline when he saw the vulnerable look in the other's eyes. He nodded and gave it to him. When he turned back around his eyes locked with Hae's. His teacher was unreadable at the moment but Hyuk's expression was very clear. It was utter disgust that was radiating from his eyes.

Hae frowned but decided to go on with reading the essays. After awhile he was smiling. His students warmed his heart, they really tried to understand the book. He was so proud.

During the entire detention Hyuk just stared at his teacher. Watching his frown disappear and his eyes soften and finally such a breathtaking smile was gracing the older's lips. Hyuk couldn't help but just watch.

After detention he silently followed Hae to his car. Hyuk hid behind a tree. Why wasn't his teacher leaving? Hyuk frowned. Suddenly he saw someone approaching the car, opening the door and getting in. Hyuk's face hardened and he clenched his fists as he watched the car disappear. Lee Donghae and Cho Kyuhyun. Hyuk swore to bring them down, a plan already taking form inside his head.