Getting There

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: Contains curse words at the end of the chapter. 
 

"Good morning, Little Fumble..." 

I opened my eyes slowly, adjusting to the brightness, "What are you doing?!" I whined as Seunghyun winded up the blinds 
"It's already 1 in the afternoon. Get up!" 

Ignoring him, I dug my head under the pillow. Just as I thought I was going to get more sleep, Seunghyun picked me up from the bed and set me on the carpeted floor. "Why do you like to torture me so much?" I grumbled, finally deciding to wake up. 

"How rare is it that I get to be away from work? We need to do something together. So go down, brunch is ready" I was reluctant but I knew Seunghyun made sense. I ought to spend some time with grandma and grandpa too.

I went downstairs, leaving Seunghyun to do the bed. 

"Good morning" Natasha greeted, "Seunghyun prepared all of these, with Big" she said, shoving bacon strips into . I can't hide my smile. Seunghyun never wakes up earlier than me. If he does, he's either off to the studios, completing whatever is on his hectic schedules, or just lazing around for me to prepare food for him. 
Eggs Benedict, my favorite. I sat down and started savoring this once in a lifetime brunch, "So where's Big?"
"He's preparing for school. I think he has a field trip today" Natasha replied, still munching. 
"Cool... What are we going to do today?" If Natasha is here this time of the day and not in her cafe, there must be plans. 
"I think we're going to go grab some stuffs for a party tonight. Grandma invited some people for a small...or not that small get-together. So... We'll have to prepare for that. Grandma wants to do the preparation herself" Natasha said, still munching. 
"A party... No way... Nat... You know I don't like parties..." I complaint. I've never been a fan of large scale events, "Besides, Seunghyun is here! People will recognize him! What if some rat takes a picture and tell the world?" 
"Granny says she have that under control, so don't you worry. And... Your boyfriend have already agreed, so there's no turning back." 
"What?! No! Come on! That Choi Seunghyun! But what abo-" 

"Hey... Jae, want to walk me out?" Jaeyoung said as he slipped his shoes on. There must be something he wants to talk to me about. I nodded and followed behind. Natasha gave me those eyes and mouthed "Good luck" to me. 


"You should tell him..." Jaeyoung said, getting straight to the point. I knew what he was talking about, but I just pretended not to, "Tell who what?" 
"Don't give me this, Jae... He has the rights to know." 
I pondered, "He does... I've always wanted to tell him. But I just don't know if I can ever bring it up. I've never talked about it to anybody at all and I don't know if I ever can." 
"But you have to. Jae... The day when you open up to Seunghyun entirely, will be when you truly found happiness. It's been over 15 years already. It's time you let yourself move on from that." Jaeyoung said it so matter-of-factly that it hurts. 
"You don't just get over your parents' death. You don't just forget about it after some time, and then move on. Okay?" I spat. 
"No, Jae... That's not what I meant I-" 
I cut him off, "You grew up, having every damn thing in the world. What do you know about being an orphan? Have you ever had your friends and classmates constantly asking you where are your parents? Have you ever have no kin turned up at your graduation because you are not anyone's priority? Have you ever felt lost and confused about every thing in life, but have nobody to turn to? Have you eve-" And Jaeyoung pulled me into his embrace, "I'm sorry, Jae. I'm sorry. That's not what I meant. Okay? I'm sorry..." I felt tears gushing out. 
"Jae... I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean it that way. If you can't talk about it to Seunghyun now then don't. Take your time, okay? I'm sorry..." Jaeyoung cooed. 

My crying slowly came into a halt and I pulled away from Jaeyoung, "... Scratch whatever I say just now. I was too upset... Anyway... Run along. You got school. You're probably going to be late already." He nodded, "I'll talk to you when I get back. You know I love you," He ruffled my hair, "Stay strong" He walked, then turned back, "And... Don't ever call yourself an orphan." 

I went back into the house from the back doors, then creeping into the toilet to wash my face. Oh... My puffy eyes... Thank God it isn't as red as I thought it'd be. I bathed, got changed, and threw some powder on my face in an attempt to hide the puffiness. 
 

I went downstairs again to see Natasha still on the dining table, while Seunghyun's on the phone. "Is everything okay...?" Natasha asked quietly, almost a whisper. I nodded quickly, to avoid attracting any attention from Seunghyun. "I've heard you agreed to the party..." I said, frowning, as he walked over, resting both his hands on my each sides of my shoulder. He nodded, "Come on... We don't always come here anyway. Just this once. Okay?" 
"But what if someone sees you and then post it up the Internet or something?" I argued, though having a strong hunch I'd eventually lose. 
"I just spoke to Sajangnim. He will take care of it if things get out of hand. Don't worry." 
I sighed in defeat, "Alright... You coming with us? We're going to go get stuffs for the party." 
He shook his head, "I'm going to do something with grandpa" 
"Wow? You met harabeoji already?!" 
He nodded, "We spent the entire morning together." 

"And we're just going to be doing all the boys stuff today." A deeper voice from behind of me spoke. 
"Harabeoji!!!" I shouted, immediately running to him, pulling him into a bear hug, "Harabeoji! I missed you!" 
"I miss you too, Little..." He said with a hearty laughter. I missed his laughter. It's always hearty, and warm, "Finally missing home har?" I nodded, and rubbed his bulging beer belly, "You've been drinking and eating a lot, gramp!" 
"What can I say... Life's too short to be missing out on the delicacies in life... Am I right, Seunghyun?" That's grandpa's favorite saying, and excuse for his gluttony. 

We talked for a bit more. When I saw grandpa, my frown faded away almost immediately. Just this once, right? The party can't hurt anyway. 
"Let's go girls," grandma called out to us. 
"Halmoni! Let's get Fitch and the helpers to buy the stuffs instead... I want to stay at home with grandpa," I pleaded grandma. She sighed, "I was thinking of spending some time with the girls... Just doing grocery shopping... Oh well. Fine. Make a list, you all. Then I'll pass it to Fitch." 

All of us g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter