I Thee Wed

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, no, no" I stopped him as soon as we got out of our caravan, "You need to tell me about the arrangements, if you even have one." 
He chuckled, "You have to trust me. Come on, let's get moving." 
"Where are we going?!" I almost whined. My heart was jumping out of my soul. We got engaged on 7th August 2012. It's 2013, March the 13th. It has been over 6 months - It almost felt as if we will never have a ceremony. No, no no, I knew we were going to have a ceremony but I wasn't expecting so soon. Sajangnim was against, wasn't he? And it's near to impossible for us to be in a place for longer than three hours, before someone realize and/or spot T.O.P. I just can't see how and where this is going, and my pounding heart is not really beneficial in this situation. 
But contrary to how I was feeling, Seunghyun seemed visibly relaxed. He chuckled, "Have faith in your fiancé. Please?" Oh my god, those eyes. I rolled my eyes but let him drag me along. How can those puppy eyes still work on me after so long? And how can he be so calm? It's so unfair how I am always fumbling around or crying or just being overly nervous, while he's just perfectly comfortable in his own skin? Fumble? Oh... I miss Natasha. For a minute, I was distracted from our supposedly 'ceremony' - if it exists - thinking about Natasha. We text and Skype quite often while she's in New York but nothing beats having her around physically. 


"What are we doing here? Are the fish going to declare our marriage?" sarcasm was thick in my voice, while I smiled sweetly at him. He rolled his eyes but can't quite hide the grin on his face, and then he said "Let's go" which caught me off guard, again. 
"What? Where?! We're at a port. Where can we go?! There is no church here, Seunghyun! Just tell me alr-" before I could finish what I wanted to say, he swept me off my feet, literally, then attacking my lips. He kissed me so fervently. Our lips parted when the need for oxygen became too apparent, he smiled, "I'm carrying you over the threshold." 
I giggled, "What threshold?"
"Close your eyes," he whispered. Every part of me was aching to fidget out of his arms but it felt so good - and it only make sense to be carried bridal style, because, technically, I am the bride today. I sighed, and did as told. Where I was, I could hear his heart thumping. I flashed a small smile, appreciating the fact that I do affect him. 

He has been walking for a bit now, probably no more than 300 metres, but being blinded to my surroundings, it sure felt like an extended period of time. I relied on my hearings but all I gathered was the sound of washing waves and his beating heart and I inhaled to his comforting scent. 
"When I put you down, you may open your eyes." he whispered. I could hear his heart pumping even harder. I bit nervously on my lips, waiting for the very moment when he'd stop walking and put me down so that I can see where am I. 

Finally, he halted and I never knew that my heart could actually pound faster than it already is. I steadied myself, and opened my eyes. What greeted me was beyond... Words failed me. 


I ran into grandma's arms, half crying and half laughing, "Oh, halmoni..." I wept, "I'm so sorry... I missed you. I... I'm sorry." She held onto me so tightly but I didn't mind. A part of me was so glad she'd be willing to still hold me like before. Just being in her arms warms my heart. As soon as I stopped crying, I dug into grandpa's embrace. I stifled, "I'm so sorry, harabeoji..." 
"Sweet child, sweet child," was all grandpa said and I knew; he, too, forgives me. 
Jaeyoung and Natasha tore grandpa away from me, then pulling me into a bear hug, "Don't ever pull anymore stunts again" Jaeyoung begged and Natasha just hummed. I stole quick peeps at Uncle DaeHo and Aunt HeaWoo, which flashed me an apologetic yet affectionate smiles. 
 

Seunghyun held onto me while I tried to balance myself while my family dispersed around me. I have been crying so hard, I'm feeling a little bit giddy - not that I'm complaining. We're on Seunghyun's yatch, and if my family wasn't here, I'd have been more thrilled than ever. "When did you bring them here?" I whispered, my eyes locked onto his. He smiled shyly, with a hint of pink on his cheeks, "Just this morning. I was..." he hesitated, "I was unsure about how you'd respond, but I'm glad you're so happy." 
He reveled me speechless yet again. What have I done, exactly, to deserve someone like him? "Thank you. I don't think there's words to even describe how beautiful this is. I love you." He leaned down, pecking me on the corner of my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter