No Stranger Than

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Together, the boys went down on their knees and bow for the last time. I can't help, but tears started welling up my lids. I looked around, and the fans were just as touched. Sea of different faces and expressions flooded the concert hall. 

My chest tightened because I recognize their sincerity, their effort and how truly grateful they are. These boys are bad asses but when it comes to giving their all for the people that made them who they are today, they always aim to give beyond what they can. I rose from the crowd, and walked discreetly to the backstage. 

Inside, the crew was in tears as well. And there, I spotted Sajangnim, whom was looking approvingly at the screen. Should I be here, then? 

"Jae, this is just crazy..." Lydia said, "It's such a humble gesture. It's beautiful." Before I could agree, Byeong Yong added, "They came a long way and went through too much. They deserve to be what they are today." 
Just as I was about to agree, again, Sajangnim strolled over. "In 2007, during their first concert, they went down on their knees too. I didn't ask them to. I was appalled. They were so grateful that their efforts and talents were finally recognized. And I thought I wouldn't see such a humble sight again. Look at them today... They’re down on their knees again, because they’re so grateful for the support and that their efforts and recognition is now acknowledged by the world. I think what distinguish them from any other bands is what lies inside their hearts." 

And this time, I didn't have to voice out my agreement because all of us knew exactly what he meant. It doesn’t matter what the tabloids and news come up with, it doesn’t matter how bad an image G-Dragon has, or how cold T.O.P is to the rest of the world. You'd think the boys had gained all but gratitude but this sight speaks a million words. But also, this reminds just how well Sajangnim knows them. He groomed them and watched them grew. He understood Seunghyun better than I did. So is he right to want us apart? Am I wrong, then, to love him and to want to be with him?
"Don't think too much, Hyunjae..." Sajangnim said so softly, making sure only I could hear. Indeed – the man who leads. He even knows what I am thinking.

We heard the last cheers and there came the boys, running in. 
They did it. The world tour has ended; in greater success than any of us here would have imagined. 

They were congratulating each other, the crew, the live band and the boys. They were embracing, slapping each other’s back, laughing and telling each other how a great job they've all done. I watched as Seunghyun beamed, Jiyong grinned so playfully, Youngbae doing victory dances all over the place, Daesung acting funny and Seungri telling the entire crew how touched and happy and grateful he is. 

I just stood there, admiring the sight of them all in happiness. Unknowingly, I felt the tears b in my eyes again. 

Seunghyun scanned around the room, then caught my teary eye and he grinned, "Excuse me, guys. Time for my girl..." He said to the people around him and he made his way towards me, eyes never leaving mine. 

Before I could condone to my actions, I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around him. I was so damn proud of him. With everything he has had to go through, he did it. I am so, so, tremendously proud of him. He has had a neurotic fiancé - one who can't get over her past and has major insecurities issues, he injured his hand and went through an operation, then deal with the pain-in-the- fiancé again, and then, his father. How strong is this man? 

"I love you, Jae..." He whispered while I sobbed silently. I actually don't know why I am feeling extra emotional today but I poured my feelings out, disregarding the people around us. "You did it" I said in between my sobs.
"Yes," he smiled, wiping away the tears, "And I only did it because I have you. We did it, so don’t cry, Jae.”
 

Jiyong strolled over, standing expectantly in front of us. Seunghyun grinned and let go of me, handing me over to Jiyong. I sighed while I looked into his reproachful eyes. I remembered our promise - that if I leave again, he'd kill me, not literally, I hope. 

We stared at each other for a while more, and finally I think I see his gaze softened. He pulled me into his embrace. "I'm just glad you're back" he said, genuinely. I am too, Ji. This is my home. "I'm back, and even stronger now." I replied. 
"Good. Then stay. My friend over there," and he points to Seunghyun, "basically cannot live without you. And his friend," he points at himself, "really missed having his best friend around.” 
I laughed, and struggled to hold back my tears. 

/

"How are you feeling?" I asked as we strolled down the hallway. 
"Not as nervous. But there's still a knot in my stomach. I don’t think it will ever go away, to be honest” Seunghyun said and I could feel his tension as he tightened his grip on my hands.
“The feeling will go, when you, Choi Seunghyun, completely let go of the past. Trust me.” I kissed his hands and we made a turn to where Mr Choi’s ward is. He is asleep, I think, with the same nurse we saw the last time seated right outside his ward. She looked up, tiredly, then flashed a small smile, “The both of you are here again!” She stood up and greeted us. I took the chance to peep at her name tag – Kim Sooyoung.
“Can we go inside?” I asked, and glanced nervously at Seunghyun, whose expression is yet again, unreadable. 
"Sure. He will be pleased." Nurse Kim smiled and gestured us towards the door. 

As s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter