Bittersweet

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rolling over, I turned to be greeted by the most stunning woman. Her lips were just slightly parted, while her chest rise and fall with every breath. As much as I want to pull her into my embrace, I kept in mind that she must be drained; from the flight and from all her crying. She cries so much now. I remember the tough Hyunjae - whom buries everything deep within, whom hated to show any sign of weakness, whom cries only in her sleep. I could never geniunely get close to her then. But look at how far we came. I still can't read her like its the back of my head, but at least we've progressed from baby steps. 

I carefully leaned down to peck her on her forehead, the corner of her eyes, her nose, the side of , and finally, her lips. I want each and every part of her. She stirred, then opening her sleepy eyes, her lips curled into a lazy smile, "Good morning, perfection..." 
I laughed, "That's my line." Her smile broadened, and with a swift motion, she placed her hands on my neck, and pulled me down to lie with her. I laughed even harder, "What are you, the man of the relationship now?" 
She giggled and nodded, "You said you'd marry me last night. That makes me the man." 


We bathed together and got dressed up. While she puts on a simple burgundy dress, I sat with my hands spread out, and shoe laces untied. She noticed my exasperation and she walked over, standing in between my knees, hands curled around my neck, "What's on your mind?" 
I pondered, "I don't really want to see that bastard... He's just never been that father figure to me... I haven't seen more for close two decades now. I..." I tensed as I spoke while Hyunjae hushed me, brushing her thumb over the V that formed in between my brows. She sat herself on my lap, hands still curled around me, "You know... When I met Beverly, I felt exactly the same. Travis only existed in my life so recently. I haven't really had the time to think about anything. And neither have I ever met Beverly. I was praying and praying that Beverly would turn out nice, and that she'd be the one that will enlighten me about who my father truly was. I've never seen Travis, or talked to him, but he was my father, and I wanted to know him better. Similar to you, Seunghyun. He's your father. No matter how a jerk he was, you love him..." 
"It's different. Your entire family loved you. Travis loved you. It's different. I'm unwanted in that family. You don't know how it feels and-" I snapped, and just as I was about to go on, Hyunjae stopped me again. 
"I do. Trust me. There was this untangible knot in my stomach then. I felt so afraid. Nobody could give me a guarantee that Beverly wouldn't be a . Nobody could even give me a reassurance that Beverly would eventually pick me up at the airport" she frowned at the thought, and it struck me just how terribly uncertain she must have felt at the point of time, "But I did it. Because somehow or rather, I love Travis... Just like how much you love your father." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter