Nightmare

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You are running. You don't know where you are, neither do you know why you're running. You don't know your destination but you just keep running. Tears won't stop streaming down your face. You kept crying and crying and crying. You feel like your legs are going to give way any time soon, but neither can you stop. You feel afraid... You feel pressured... Most of all, you feel empty. 

From a distance you see a silhouette. A tall, lean silhouette. You still can't make out the features but the silhouette brought you a comfort you know not of the reason. For that, you ran even faster. It was your source of hope, your only comfort, for now. 

When you finally closed up the distance, you knew exactly why you felt a familiar sense of security from him. He is your fiancé. He is dressed the best looking you've ever seen. Then you realized you are actually wearing a wedding gown. You don't need a mirror but you were sure you looked beautiful. You have everything you needed. But why are you crying? And what are you running away from? 

Then you stared at the perfect man for answers. He looked at you, then looked away. And slowly, he started walking away. His pace increased while you tried to follow, demanding for answers. Yours sobs increased and soon, he was out of your sight. 
 

"Jae...? Jae...?" I woke up, scrutinizing the surroundings. I am at home. 
"Jae? Are you okay?" I turned to the person next to me, and felt tears brimmed at my eyes. "Oppa... You're still here." I finally said. 
"Of course I am." He wiped the tears that trickled down, "Another nightmare?" I nodded.
Ever since the conversation on the plane with Jonathan, nightmares haunted my sleeps. I looked at the time. 5:07AM. 

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to wake you up." I explained. I can't help but feel bad. This is my second nightmare tonight. He smiled, "Don't say sorry" He cupped my tears stained cheeks, "It's okay... Want something to drink?" 
He almost stood up, when I held onto his hands, "No. Just stay here, oppa... Don't go anywhere." 
He sighed, "Do you want to talk about it?" 
As much as my nightmares haunted me, I am sure it affected Seunghyun. Aside from being awoken up by my cries, he felt so bad that he couldn't do anything about them. 

"I was running... I was running away from something, I don't know what. But I kept running. Then I saw you. But you turned and walked away. You left me when I needed yo-" 
"You know that it will never happen, right?" he cut me off. He kept his strong gaze on mine, as if to deliver the message that he meant it. I flashed a faint smile. I knew Seunghyun meant it but my insecurities were acting up. 

He cooed me back to sleep, though a part of me dreaded it. I can only imagine what will haunt me in my sleep again. But I knew I had to appease Seunghyun. I knew he wouldn't feel good about sleeping if I didn't. And so I did. At least I pretended to. 

There was a reason why I am a writer and not an actress. I knew Seunghyun wasn't convinced at all that I was asleep. I mentally counted to a minute or two, then slightly part my lips, like I was deep in slumber. That did the trick. Seunghyun's fingers slipped away from mine, while he adjusted himself comfortably around me.

As soon as I hear his sound breathing, I turned around to face him. My eyes were tired, but I didn't want to fall asleep- for fear of what awaits me in my dreamland. Fixating my eyes on perfection, I studied his features, watched as his chest rose and fall with every breath. 

I smiled, comforted by the thought that he was indeed right next to me. Am I the luckiest girl on earth? How many girls are dreaming and fantasizing of this exact scene right now; to be falling asleep next to him, then to be waking up, greeted by his deep and husky voice. Aside from the apparent fact that he is perfect as an idol, he is ideal as a best friend, a boyfriend and a fiancé. I don't really want to admit this but he is my everything. I don't think I can ever live without him ever again. 

Drowned in his perfection, I drifted into unconsciousness, with no disturbing dreams bothering me that night. 
 

"Mm..."  
I stirred when I heard a deep, soft groan. 
"Jae..." - Another came. Reluctantly, I opened my eyes to see Seunghyun nuzzling his face just right above my chest. I chuckled wearily, still adjusting to the brightness. "Why are your hormones raging early in the morning?" 
"Because of you..." He said in between kisses he left along my shoulder blades. 
"I was sleeping..."  
"But you are not that innocent. Your knees kept on rubbing my junior. You woke me up, and I need to you senseless now." At that, my face flushed. Dirty-talking Seunghyun has always been a t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter