Raise Your Glass

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'd like to propose a toast," Sajangnim cleared his throat, as he spoke. All of us looked up, anticipating his speech, while Seunghyun squeezed my hands reassuringly. "Thank you, for bringing out the best in Seunghyun. Welcome to the YG Family, Jae" he winked at me and raised his glasses, so did the rest. I gasped silently, with a hint of wetness in my eyes - he approves, he does. Sajangnim is a lot like Seunghyun's father and to have him approving us, and welcoming me to the family means so much. 

"I'd like to propose a toast too," Grandma took the microphone, "To the newly weds, love will get you home." 

"Life is all about the good things, isn't it? Good food, good wine, good company and of course, the love of your life. Embrace life, Jae, Seunghyun. To a wonderful life ahead," Grandpa said cheerfully, finishing his champagne in one gulp. "According to tradition, the father of the bride have to give his speech. Unfortunately, they're not here today but I know exactly what they must be thinking of. Travis' love is like the wind - you feel it, but you can never see it. Min Kyung is like an angel, he is always there. They are so proud of you, and so are we, Jae. You are the best gift to all of us here. To Seunghyun and Hyunjae."

More and more loved ones went up to give their wedding toasts. I flushed and laughed at some, trying very hard to not tear lest Natasha nagged. It feels really amazing to be surrounded by the people that we love and love us back and it feels even better to know that Seunghyun and I have came this far. 

With much cheer and support, Seunghyun's dad finally decided to give his toast. No doubts, he was nervous. He stood in front of us, and he thought hard. His eyes fixed onto the ground, "I must have done something right in my past life, for the chance to be here witnessing my son's wedding, for such a beautiful daughter-in-law. I haven't been much of a father to Seunghyun. This toast, firstly, is to Mr and Mrs Kwon, and Sajangnim. Thank you, for all the things that I should have done but failed to. Thank you for giving him a family. The next toast is to Jae's parents, for bringing such an amazing person into the world and into our lives. The last toast is for my son and his wife. Son, thank you for giving me a chance. Jae, thank you for everything. Cheers!" 

My heart constricted at Mr Choi's speech. Seunghyun stared at me endearingly as we toasted, "Thank you" he mouthed. "What for?" I asked after a sip. He just smiled, and leaned forward to plant a swift kiss on the side of my lips, leaving me wanting more. 

Mr and Mrs Kwon was up next. This is the first time I've met them. Humble smiles are plastered on their faces. Together, there is a warmth radiating within. We raised our glasses, and toasted to their speech. 
 

Jiyong cleared his throat playfully, testing the microphone, "Hyung, Jae, this is for you." He winked to us, and nodded to the band on cue which slowly seranaded us with the acoustic music of Butterfly. I could feel my heart flutter at the very romantic lyrics while I looked into Seunghyun's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter