Stranger than Love

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

/continue flashback/ 

Because our destination was to Korea and we already had western food on the plane, we decided to go with Chinese food since there're aplenty here. Though I travel a lot, this is actually my first time to China. Not really, actually. We are just here for a flight transit back to South Korea. 

"Hey, give me a minute," I told Seunghyun and picked up the prettiest post card, depicting the landscape of Great Wall of China and paid for it at the cashier. "You collect these?" he asked. 
"Not really. I just post it back home to update my family my whereabouts or stopovers etc" 
"You miss them..." he said or asked, I'm not quite sure but judging by the tone of his words, he knows I do. 
"Like crazy. And you miss them too," I sighed and smile faintly at him. He just nodded. Another thing about being a celebrity, I guess, is that you can't spend too much time with your loved ones. You're always too busy, though, it is good to see your schedule packed. 

We walked towards the Chinese restaurant in silence. It was slightly awkward but it soon faded away when our orders came. "Woo!! I'm starving!!!" I said, inhaling the smell of my noodles. Seunghyun just laughed. Remembering my manners, I said, "Jalmukkesumnida!" which translates to "let's dig in". "Nae," he chuckled. 

I dug into my noodles heartily because I was starving! Yes I was, though I just had something a couple of hours before. I am quite a big eater... Oops.

With half of my noodles finished, I looked up and Seunghyun was already looking at me. "What...?" I asked with my mouth full of noodles. He laughed again, "This is probably the first time I see a woman eating like that." Blood rose up my cheeks and I bit my lips, sighing. It was true. I hadn't care about how I looked when I was eating, the sound I made when up those noodles. I... I was too hungry... 

"But I like girls with hearty appetite." These next few words made it harder for me to look up because I could feel my upper body hot. 

An announcement played soon after we finish our supper. We went to the boarding hall and I was slightly tired, dozing off, with my head falling back and forth, swinging with rhythm from left to right. Then I felt a tug. Seunghyun had come closer. Then a gentle push - I was on his shoulder again, positive that we are cuddled together. Our intimacy... It has been years since I've cuddled with anybody. It has been years since I allowed someone into my life. Wait... Not really... Our friendship could possibly end here. After we touched down at Korea, we'd probably never see each other again, probably never talked again. I shuddered at the realization. We've just met each other. I know I wouldn't be so emotionally attached to him but I am positive that I will miss him. I have been traveling alone for years and having someone around actually seems like a good idea. I squint my eyes, hoping to dispel the thoughts. Let nature take its course. 
 

It was another 8 hours flight, to Korea. Seunghyun talked to the flight attendants and came back to our seats and winked at me, "Done." 
Puzzled, "what's done?" 
"I wasn't supposed to be here. I'm supposed to be far, far away from you. But since I don't think anybody's going to be boarding the plane anymore, I talked to the pretty air stewardess and they agreed to let me have the seat" he grinned, cheekily. 
"Bet you flirt your way through" 
Admitting, he grinned, "Here and there but it did the job." 
We made ourselves comfortable and from my bag, I took my iPod and book. "Come on!" Seunghyun nudged me, "You're not going to start tuning into your iPod and read, leaving me to myself after I took the trouble of changing seats, are you?!" Surprised by his whines, I can't help but giggle. I put my iPod and book aside and looked at him, "Okay. You have my attention now." He beamed and just stared at me. I stared back, "What is this? Staring contest?" 
"3, 2, 1! Start!" he said, not giving me time to even prepare and his eyes were glued onto mine. I stared back intensely, determined to win. It went on and on for as long as I can hold onto. I feel my eyes getting dry but I had to win. He was obviously trying to hold in his laughter, then it was swept away by a more serious expression. He slowly leaned in. His lips gently touched mine. My eyes close. Then opening again, registering what just happened. Our faces were so c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter