Healing

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you for traveling with us and have a pleasant time in Korea," the pretty air stewardess that had been attending to me for the past 14 hours smiled as I walked out of the plane. I could feel the cold, crisp air even in the jet bridge, as a shiver ran through my body, adjusting my body to the sudden change in temperature. It is just as cold here in Seoul, as it was in Philadelphia. 

I switched off the airplane mode on my phone to check for messages, particularly from the man I've spent most of my time thinking about - but none. 2 messages from Jaeyoung, and 1 from Beverly. Jaeyoung and I started talking more, simply because it was too hard to stay away from him. As much as I want to stay away from my family members, I can't bear to ignore Jaeyoung. He was the most innocent. I kind of feed on news of the happenings in the house from Jaeyoung. He'd tell me what is going on and I'd just listen, while at the same time, pretend like I don't care. 

My palms were growing clammy as I stepped out of the immigration counter. I'm just steps away to the arrival hall. Will I see him? I know he said that he might not be able to make it but I was still hoping that first familiar face I see to be him. I detest how I am feeling right now. I feel like a stupid teenager, crazily and hopelessly in love. Though, there was a part of me embracing the butterflies in my stomach. It reminds me what we had is real, that I do actually love him more than I know of.

I walked steadily with just a small luggage and a crossbody messenger bag, to the arrival hall. I looked around, then began to get frantic while I see no familiar face. I bit my lips and I was now carefully identifying every human figure in my view. The small, unwelcomed feeling I felt in the plane is back. I cursed myself mentally. It has been 2 months... Maybe, things changed, Hyunjae, my mind scolded.  

I dragged my feet out and walked passed the airport buses terminal, and to the taxi stand, joining the long queue. 

My thoughts drifted away, and back when I felt a presence too close for my comfort behind me. I turned back warily and I immediately recognized that deep set of eyes. His face was wrapped up with his Hermès scarf, and his hoodie was up, but it's him. I slowly recalled seeing a masked figure amongst the crowd, at the arrival hall. My lips curled involuntarily - It's him, hes' here. I stared straight into his eyes and his gaze was ever intense. Like I said, it spoke volumes. This pair of gems never lies. In a swift motion, he pulled his scarf down, closed our distance, and sealed our lips together. He was taking too much risk, but I knew better to break the moment. I needed him. I kissed back softly, trying to hush him down but his kiss only grew more intense. His kiss was needy, fierce and fervent. 

He finally pulled away, catching his breath. Daring myself, I reached up to his scarf and gently wrapped it around his face. "There are too many people here. Let's go," he led me by my hands while we walked to where his not-so-humble-looking Mercedes was parked. 

"I thought you are not coming..." I said, revealing the hint of disappointment I felt initially. Just moments ago, I felt so small and unregarded.
"Why?" He pursed his lips, while he gracefully made a turn on his steering wheel, "I thought I couldn't too, but I managed to push backwards some of my appointments" 
I smiled inwardly, while my subconscious are jumping around, doing victory somersaults. "You said you'll be waiting at home, and I thought it was too dangerous for you to be outside." I explained, and I thought you didn't care anymore... 
He nodded, "It was dangerous, but when is it not? I miss you, Jae." 
Seunghyun looks at me and suddenly I realized just how lethargic he looked. He still is as beautiful and good looking as ever, but the little boy in him seemed to have diminished. Again, I dared myself to reached up to his face. My fingers gently his defined cheek bones. He lean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter