Blessed

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SH's POV - 


We went back to her house after that talk. Well... If wasn't a talk actually. It was a confession on both parts. Jaeyoung was already at the party when we walked back and judging from his face, I knew he knew that I knew... That sounded funny. He just flashed us a smile, said nothing, then walked away with Natasha. 

"Did you enjoy, Seunghyun-ah?" Mrs Park asked me. I nodded, "I did. Thank you, Halmoni." and I turned to smile at Hyunjae. She smiled back, but I knew her eyes were tired. She must be... She cried so hard just now. 
"Good, good. Don't worry about the mess, Seunghyun-ah, the helpers will clear up. You two love birds run along. Go to bed or do whatever you want. Good night, Seunghyun. Good night, Little." 
"Good night, halmoni" Hyunjae said while rubbing her eyes. She stood there for a while, then ran to Mrs Park, "Halmoni... I love you..." 
Mrs Park's initially-shocked face was immediately replaced by a wide smile, "I love you too, Little... Good night." 
Hyunjae smiled again, then grabbed my hands and dragged me up the stairs. 

We brushed our teeth together, washed up and tuck ourselves under the cover. I knew Hyunjae was tired, but I also knew that she hadn't fall asleep. 

"Oppa..." 
I chuckled, "Yes?" It's so rare to hear Hyunjae calling me 'oppa' but it is so adorable. 
"You said a lot of "I love you" today..." She said softly. I scoot closer to her, "Mhm." 
"It's very rare..." 
I nodded, "Yeah, it is... Do you want me to say it more often?" I asked, realizing that we had never exchange a single 'I love you' before we came to Boston. 
She thought for a while, "No... Actions speak louder than words, oppa. Prove it." 
She sounded so much like a child, it was so adorable... "Yah!" I pinch her nose affectionately, "Don't I always show you how much I love you?!"
She just giggled as I tickled her. "Alright, baby girl, go to bed now. Your eyes must be tired" I said, patting her. 
"It is..." She said that but her eye remained wide open. I laughed again, "You're agreeing but you're not going to try to fall asleep?" She laughed, and I love her laugh so much. "Although I cried a lot today, I feel happy..." She said. I could tell she was recalling whatever that happened today. I waited for her to carry on. "I feel... So , and exposed. You know all about me now. But I'm happy you do, oppa." 

"But Jae..." I asked, cautious, "Why did he kill himself too?" I wasn't sure if this was the right time to ask but I was really bothered by this. She hasn't explain. If its money the was after, why would he kill himself? 
She bit on her lips, "I grew up not knowing why either, actually. Until when I was 16. Jaeyoung told me. He wasn't a burglar. He wasn't after money. In fact, he wasn't after anything. He's crazy... Like literally. We still don't know why he chose my parents to kill but the police are quite positive that he already knew about his own intention to kill, and then die. He cleared almost all possible leads. He doesn't have a phone, or any device that they could track down. The evidences and leads they gathered were so little. In other words, my parents died, quite innocently." 

I nodded, not knowing what to say again. I don't think anyone, in my shoe, would have known what to say. There were no need for words of comfort because nothing anyone could have said would replace the pain Hyunjae had gone through. But I know I need to be here for her. I will, and I always will "Jae... I'll always be here for you. Always." 
Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter