I'm Yours

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seunghyun and I... We're going to go back to Korea this Friday... Which is tomorrow night..." I said, on the dining table. Everyone practically stopped eating. Grandpa and grandma looked up, but they managed to flash a sad smile. Jaeyoung pouted. Natasha's head hung low. I felt Seunghyun squeezed my hand, then he said, "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to take Hyunjae away. But I really have to go back. The media already grew suspicious of my absence. But I promise, I will bring Hyunjae back. Please forgive me." Seunghyun explained. His words were so sincere and I knew how bad he felt when I agreed to go back with him. As much as I'd love to stay with my family, I felt the need to go back with Seunghyun. 
"It's okay, Seunghyunnie. We understand... Just, please, promise to take care of Hyunjae." Grandma said with a smile across. Jaeyoung, too.
"We entrust Hyunjae to you. If she ever comes back hurt again..." Grandpa was about to warn Seunghyun about the consequences but he boldy interrupted, "Please, harabeoji. Trust me that this will not happen again." 
Grandpa eyed him skeptically, then relaxed, and nodded. 
Natasha just stood up, apologized, and left the dining room. Jaeyoung followed almost immediately, but I stopped him, "Big, let me. I need to talk to her too." He nodded, while I went after Natasha. 


"Nat..." I said, dragging the word. She just rolled her eyes and sat on the grass. I sat beside her, staring at her. She finally looked up, her eyes slightly watery. My heart broke at the sight. I love Natasha. I love Natasha. I love Natasha. I can't find the words to explain how important Natasha is to me. She is my family, actually. I could feel myself starting to tear up, and I know Natasha could tell. We hugged each other, crying. 

"I don't want you to leave again, Fumble...", Natasha whined, "When you left, I had nobody. Literally. Nobody understood my sense of humor, nobody could mind read me the way you did, and I can't just call anybody, to randomly talk to. Don't go back... Not so soon, at least..." 
I was about to explain to her how I really wanted to be with Seunghyun and how I have my 'family' back there too, then an idea struck me. "Nat... You can come along!!!" 
"What?" She shot a look, like I just said the most ridiculous thing ever, "I can't, Fumble... I have a cafè here... In Boston, not in Seoul. And what can I do there? Follow you along all day? Then be in between Seunghyun and you whenever the both of you get lovey dovey?" 
I rolled my eye at that, "You can just stay there for... A week or two, or even longer, if you want to. Come on! Korea is an amazing place, trust me. You will love it there!" 
"I know Korea is great, but I can't go... Not now..." Natasha hesitated, "I'd love to go to Korea. But the cafè needs me. I can't leave yet." 
I frowned. In my head, I try to think of a better solution; something that doesn't hurt the both parties. But all I could come up with was... "I can stay here for a while more, I guess..." 
Natasha just smiled, "Naw... I know you need to go back. I was just really upset that it is so soon. I'm feeling better now. I mean... I know I'll never, ever be replaced, right? Besides, I think I'll go over to Seoul soon enough." 
"Are you for real?!?" I rejoiced at the thought of having Natasha in Seoul. In my head I could already picture myself playing the tour guide, bringing her around my favorite spots of Seoul. "And, Nat... You will never, ever be replaced, if that was what you were worried about. I promise. Nobody can ever replace you. You're just too crazy to be replaced." We laughed at that, and continued talking, planning to meet again in Seoul in a few weeks' time. 


We went back into the house but Seunghyun and Jaeyoung was gone. 
"Where did they go, halmoni?" I asked grandma, whom was knitting. She just laughed, "The boys headed out. They went to the supermarket. Seunghyun is going to prepare a feast tonight. He told us to let him do something before he leaves, and so I agreed. His cooking is pretty good anyway." 
I nodded, smiling. The change in Seunghyun is, if I may say, phenomenal, to me. "Halmoni!!! Let's do something together! Come on!" 

The four of us, including my grandfather, gathered in the kitchen. Since Seunghyun and Jaeyoung are going to be preparing the main dishes, we thought that we could prepare the desserts. My grandfather is a great chef. He kinds of have this magical touch for food. They just taste so amazing all the time, and he has a flair for making Crème Brûlée. Grandma and grandpa started working on their Crème Brûlée while Natasha and I ran through frantically for Red Velvet Cupcakes' recipe. The kitchen never felt so alive. As we were all busy baking, we were dancing silly to the music and singing along to familiar lyrics. There were so much laughter going on. 

Seunghyun and Jaeyoung came back shortly after we put the cupcakes into the oven and the Crème Brûlée into the fridge. They bought so much, it was as if they were going to prepare for another party. When we asked, they just smiled and winked, saying in unision, "Leave it to us." 

Natasha and I went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter