My Loved Ones

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's go for a walk." Seunghyun spoke as he played with my hair. 

I brought him out and to the meadow I always go when I was little. The treehouse- it was still there. My father built it. I wanted to go there, but not now. Not when Seunghyun is here. Not yet.      We laid our backs on the greens and took in whatever nature had to offer. "So halmoni told you...?" Seunghyun asked. I nodded, "She told me, and showed me actually."  "Showed you how..?"  "You see, my cousin, Jaeyoung, studies Photography and he is doing a project. So there were cameras at different parts of the house to capture moments. And where you were seated had the camera. Halmoni only remembered when she went to Jaeyoung's study room. I was running to her, crying, and she just told me I needed to see it, and I did..." I explained. My eyes fell on him and he was already looking at me. "You were... Crying...?"  I nodded. He wore a mask of remorse, "You don't usually cry..." I nodded, again, agreeing, "But I've been crying a lot..." I said with a chuckle.  "I'm sorry. I'm a jerk." he made a face, but I knew his meant it. I smiled at him, "Yes... You were a jerk. But it wasn't really just your fault. It was everything that was happening, that had happened." Apprehensively, he asked, "Do you want to tell me something?  "Nope... Not now, at least."  He wasn't comfortable with my answer but he knew to shrug it off, "Okay... But if you ever feel like crying again, please let me be there with you, okay? I don't want you hurting by yourself, then leaving me, to another country again."  I smiled at his cute, yet slightly sarcastic confession. It's crazy; the change in him. He never used to say how he feels deep down. I'm not really used to it. But I will. I feel like I'm already taking baby steps into his world. Actually, after we got together in the airport, things turned a little sour, not entirely, just slightly. The both of us must have realized that whatever decision we made that day was truly reckless but what we unknowingly shared in common was our affections for each other. We argued a lot, but we always end up getting back together. We had a lot of differences that we didn't bother working out. But when we were happy, we were really happy. Like Seunghyun said, we flirted with each other like first loves. If there is anything that could describe that 5 months, it'd be... A roller coaster.     "Jae...?"    Seunghyun and I turned back in unison to where the voice came from. Jaeyoung!  I stood up immediately and threw my hands around him, "Big!!!"  "Finally back home?" he asked, as he pulled away, "I've missed you. And have you gained weight again?" his hand casually pinched my tummy. I smack his head for that, then introducing the men to each other, "Big, meet Seunghyun. And Seunghyun, this is my cousin, Jaeyoung."    Both men greeted with formality, exchanging "Nice to meet you". 
"Is he your boyfriend?" Jaeyoung whispered but I was half as sure that Seunghyun could hear us. I nodded, glancing at him. He checked Seunghyun up and down, as discreetly as he could and gestured 'ok' to me. I can't help but laugh at him. Jaeyoung sat down together with us, and tried to get to know Seunghyun better. "So... Have you met the old couple?" Jaeyoung joked. Seunghyun nodded, "Just grandmother, though. Now that you've mentioned... I haven't met your parents" and his head turned to look at me. I bit my lips and looked back at Jaeyoung who was creasing his brows. He was giving me a look. No words were needed but I knew exactly what he meant - 'He don't know?!' I shook my head slightly and gave him another look, hoping that he'd understand that it means - 'Not now, please.' And I think he did. He swiftly changed the subject, "Hey... I was thinking to bring Hyunjae out, and have some fun. Think you're up for it?" Seunghyun nodded, "Sure, I'd like to look around too." Jaeyoung clapped his hands once and stood up, "Great! I'll go ask if the couple wants to join. Meet you at the cars."      Seunghyun eyed me skeptically but I quickly replaced it by hooking my hands around his, "Big is my best, best, best ever playmate since young. I didn't really get along with my other cousins when I was younger. Big is the best, really!" Seunghyun laughed because I made a disgusted face when I spoke about my other cousins. "Why do you call him Big? He isn't that big..."  I smiled, recalling, "Both our names has Jae in it. And whenever anyone shouts 'Jae', both
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter