Revelation

Love Will Get You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm terribly sorry, Mr Kim. Please, let me get back to you. This wasn't supposed to happen." 
"But it happened. I bought the house. I paid cash. Why can't you do anything right- 

Looks like even the most luxurious hotel doesn't neccessarily house the best ambience. Hyunjae and I are at The Shilla, Jeju, waiting to check in when our rooms are ready. Hyunjae wandered about, taking photographs of the picturesque island while I stayed inside and wait since I'm having one of the worse migraine. To think that staying indoor would make me feel better, but now my rest is interrupted by an argument between the two - property agent and an . I've been listening to their conversations; eavesdropping. I closed my eyes again, trying my hardest to channel peace within this environment. 

"Are you brainless?!" 

That's it. Annoyed, I whirled myself to face them. I almost rolled my eyes when I realized I know the woman. I willed myself to look away, to ignore. It is not my problem, it is not my problem, I tried to have it on repeat in my head. 


"I'm going to get you fired! You can't even do the simplest thing right! You-

And before I know it, I was walking towards them, "Is something wrong?" My voice was deep and filled with menace. My eyes glued onto that bastard while I hear her sharply inhale. The man stared at me, immediately recognizing me, "What is your business with this, superstar?! Do you want to get your reputation smeared? Cause I can-" My fist balled, "I don't give a damn what you are. That is no way to talk to someone. Scram, now." He stepped forward and I mirrored his move, except with more vehemence. I was almost a head taller than he was. A small victorious smile worked up my face then I felt her tugging on to my hands gently, "Seunghyun, stop..." I looked down at her hands, distracted by her touch. When I returned my glare at the man, I realized he had already backed down. "Watch out, the both of you" he warned and walked away almost clumsily. 

The anger, though, had not subsided and being around her wouldn't help. I stalked away, about to go back to where I was seated at to take our baggages when I hear her appoaching, "Thank you, Seunghyun..." 

For some reasons, I boiled again and my fists clenched tighter than it already was. I turned back and stared at her. I could feel my blood pumping while the words came out from my mouth, "Why didn't you ever came back for me?" 
"Seunghyun... I..." She wanted to say something but then looked away again. 
"Forget it, just forget it" I was about to leave, when she held onto my hand again, "Please, Seunghyun..." 

I should have just walked away there and then but I stopped moving. 


"I left because I was selfish. I had so much ahead of me, Seunghyun..." 

I don't know what was I expecting, but maybe less brutal honesty? My heart clenched with fear and anxiety? Why am I still standing here? Would it be better to just walk away and put on the act that I hate this woman? She said it. She was selfish. She had a whole life ahead of her. Blatantly, I was a burden. 

"And so I left. I thought leaving you behind with Soobin would be the best for you. I was too young. Your father and I... We don't know what we had gotten ourselves into and the first thing that came up to my head was to leave. My husband was screwed up. I love you, but I was only 26. How could I raise a child single handedly? Where am I going to get the money? How am I going to pay for your education? What am I going to feed you with? I was scared and -"

The pain heightened. I was gripping the hem of my linen shirt when I cut her off, "So you never once considered how your child would feel? You never once thought that maybe your child doesn't need all the luxury, that all he needs was his mother's unwavering love to him? You just assumed that money is everything, that you're completely helpless without your husband. And you left. You took off on your own because you had so damn much ahead of you and your child, your flesh and blood, is thrown to somebody's responsibility. And you know what's worse? I am famous. I am known. But you never once tried looking for me. That one time you called me, you asked for money. You said y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter