The beach

Falling for the opposite twin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's eyes widened when he heard what Jian just said and repeated it under his breath. "…coming from the person who once asked me to stay..."

"Sehun, please go in my room." Liu Mei ordered. "You really don't want to hear this conversation."

"She's asking me to leave." Sehun thought as he stood up. Without a word, he was about to walk away until Jian stopped him, flinging his arm around Sehun's.

"A conversation that something this lad can't listen to, eh?" Jian started. "What are we gonna talk about, Mei?"

"Please don't call me that."

"Ching chong chang” Jian said using the talking gesture with his fingers. “Sehun doesn't understand." Jian smirked. "Is there something you don't want to tell Sehun?"

"Nothing I know of." Liu Mei plainly said, gazing at Jian.

"Oh really?" Jian smiled. "You ever told him about us?"

Liu Mei's demeanor changed. She looked like she was about to say something, but stopped. She looked at Sehun who was already looking at her but looked away. "I really don't think this is an appropriate topic." She finally said.

"Oh come on, don't be like that." Jian sighed, smiling. "Tell him."

"Shut your mouth, Jian."

"You tend to speak in your mother tongue when you're angry, huh? Nice." Jian just smiled at Liu Mei but frowned when he got a glimpse of Sehun. "Yet this person here doesn't speak."

"He doesn't need to." Liu Mei said.

"Please stop making Liu Mei angry." Sehun finally spoke, agitated. "She's dead tired and you're only making it worse."

Jian bit his lip with a smile, the tips of his lips curling. "Why don't we go to the beach then?" He suggested, removing his arm from Sehun. "Just a little..." he paused, probably looking for a word. “…recreation."

"Will this stop if we go to the beach?" Liu Mei asked, frustration in voice.

Jian smiled. "Likely. Lian is probably asking Luhan right now as well."

"I can only imagine the creaking of the bed." Liu Mei snickered.

A thought passed on Sehun's mind. Creaking of the bed. "They're doing it." He thought.

"So, when are we going to the beach?" Liu Mei asked.

Jian looked at his watch. "Right about..." He paused. "…now." Luhan's room's door opened and Lian came hopping out, appearance: messy. "Perfectly on time." Jian told Lian.

"Thanks." Lian giggled and skipped down the stairs. "Luhan's taking a shower. So we'll just wait for him. You know how he hates sweat."

Sehun's heart skipped a beat. "It hurts and I don't even know why." He thought. "Ah, Liu Mei, I'll just get something in his room. Um, if you don't mind, can I get it?"

Liu Mei just looked at him with the I-do-mind-so-don’t-leave-me-here look. "What was it, Sehun?" She asked, raising a brow.

"Nothing, sorry." Sehun said. "Do you want tea?"

"No, Sehun." Liu Mei said rather coldly and sat down on the couch. "That's not your job it's the maid's."

"Well, if I may just say, I don't think only maids can ever ask you those kinds of questions." Sehun said.

"There are waitresses too, of course." Liu Mei glared. "Did you just talk back to me?"

"I was just say-" Before Sehun could finish, a pillow was thrown at him from above. Luhan.

"Come here, Sehun." Luhan ordered as he slightly threw his head sideward, gesturing the room that he's about to enter.

Sehun sighed in relief and he didn't even know why. He nodded and went upstairs.

"I can't believe he can talk to you like that." Lian said as she nudged Liu Mei.

"It was a first." Liu Mei said. "He hardly ever talks."

In Luhan's room, Luhan sat on his bed and tapped the floor with his foot, staring at Sehun. Luhan was wearing

"Yes?" Sehun asked.

"Never would have thought that you'll talk back to Liu Mei." He said and raised a brow. “Keep it up.”

"Never expected it either." Sehun replied, looking at the floor, avoiding Luhan's gaze.

Luhan walked towards Sehun. Sehun reflexively stepped back. "We're going to the beach." Luhan said as he went nearer, Sehun still stepping back. "Aren't we?"

"I...it seems that we are." Sehun replied, finally touching the wall, he gulped.

"Are you scared of me?" Luhan asked, looking up Sehun's face.

"I'm not." Sehun said as he averted his eyes to the side. He can't really face down for Luhan was quite shorter than him. Quite.

"Then why aren't you looking at me?" Luhan asked. “Stepping back, even.”

"Nothing, really." Sehun replied.

"Then look at me." Luhan said as he touched Sehun's cheeks.

"I can't." Sehun held Luhan's arms down, "I don't know why but I just can't, really."

Luhan sighed in frustration and shoved Sehun's hands away from his arm. "Tell me what's on your mind then." He said. "I can't-" He paused. ". What am I doing?" He thought. "I can't imagine you to talk back to Liu Mei without any reason."

"Nothing, really."

"Sehun."

"Nothing."

"Sehun."

"..ious.." Sehun spoke in a small voice.

"What?"

"Curious."

"About?"

"Nothing."

"Sehun, I'm getting impatient here." Luhan snapped, crossing his arms; Liu Mei style.

There was a long pause before Sehun spoke. "About the other twins. It's nothing, really. Common curiosity."

Luhan just gazed at Sehun, not buying what Sehun just said. He then sighed and went towards the door. Sehun stopped him, grabbing his arm. He raised a brow. "Curious." Sehun repeated. "Just curious."

"Of what?" Luhan said flatly. Either uninterested or angry on demand, he turned to face Sehun.

"It wasn't a lie. I am curious about the twins." Sehun said, looking at Luhan in the eyes. Luhan raised a brow, indicating and? "Especially Lian."

"Why?" Luhan asked.

"Nothing. I don't know. I'm just suddenly curious." Sehun said and let go of Luhan's arm.  "When Liu Mei said she only hears the creaking of bed, I suddenly got... I don't know what it's called. Then, I suddenly pictured you guys doing it. I'm sorry for that. But then that thought slipped away because Lian went out of your room and I was glad. I did not know why but I was." Luhan smiled a little at the narrating Sehun. "But then I felt the feeling of I don't know again when I saw Lian's h-"

Luhan pressed a finger on Sehun's lips. "I get it." He smiled.

"Right. Sorry I talked too much." Sehun said. “What did he get, exactly?”

Luhan was about to say something; His mouth was opened but the door opened wider since it wasn't closed from the start. "What are you two doing?" It was Lian.

"Nothing that concerns you." Luhan said as he stepped out of the room. "Sehun, pack your bag. We'll be waiting"

Lian skipped towards Sehun and put her face close enough with his. "Oh?" She said before going out.

"What's with her?" Sehun thought as he grabbed his bag. Put in two sets of clothes; 1 shirt and 1 tank top, 2 shorts, 2 boxers and a towel. After he finished putting in those things, he went downstairs. He never really liked the waters but just in case.

He saw the four of them, Liu Mei, Luhan, Lian and Jian looking all happy together and instantly, it made him felt out of place. "Oh, he's here." Jian said flatly. "Let's go."

The five of them headed in the car. Two cars, two twins, one fiancée. Luhan drove one, being with Sehun and Liu Mei and Lian and Jian drove another.

"They're awfully peaceful today." Luhan said, breaking the silence in the car.

Liu Mei nodded in agreement. "They are."

"Can I ask about them?" Sehun asked. "If it's not bothersome."

"It is." Liu Mei snapped. "Don't forget you talked back at me earlier."

 "It was something I should not have done" Sehun said. "…but I did so otherwise."

Liu Mei blew air off her nose. "What are you trying to say, Sehun?" She snapped. "Are you seriously trying to make me angry?"

"I am trying to say that you are insensitive." Sehun stated. "I am stating a fact."

Liu Mei creased her brows as she looked at Sehun. Luhan just smiled at Sehun in the rear-view mirror. "Easy Liu Mei, kid's having a bad day." Luhan said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter