Liu Mei's Story

Falling for the opposite twin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll be staying with a teenager who can't knock a door!" Luhan thought and at the same time, Sehun thought, "I'll be staying with a man who undresses with the door unlocked."

Still keeping his cool and acting like a 'man' would, Luhan acted like he didn't mind that Sehun was looking at him. "If you're gonna go in, go in. Don't just stand there." Luhan said while putting on house clothes which doesn't look like house clothes at all.

"Ah yes, I'm sorry." Sehun said as he entered and closed the door.

Luhan suddenly flustered when Sehun closed the door. "Don't close it!" He shouted and Sehun flinched in shock and opened the door immediately. "Number one rule that you should remember, you should not close the door. Ever.”

"Y...yes sir." Sehun said.

"Good." Luhan said. He sat on the beanbag in his room and opened his laptop.

Sehun was somehow trying to be careful of his actions, scared that Luhan will just suddenly shout in the middle of his peace. When Sehun sat on the bed, Luhan suddenly shouted again and made Sehun jump in shock. "Second rule! You shall never, ever touch my pillows! Touch it and your fingers will turn to dust." Luhan said seriously and re typing.

"What am I supposed to use then?" Sehun asked.

"Gee, I don't know. Why are you asking me this? Don't you have your own brain? Besides, can't you see that I'm doing something here?" Luhan said while pointing at his laptop.

"I'm sorry." Sehun apologized. "I'm going outside."

"When you come back, bring me some coffee." Luhan ordered.

"Okay." Sehun replied and went out.

Luhan, who completely forgot that it was Sehun who was talking to and not the maid, got seriously flustered and crashed his head on his laptop several times. "It’s alright, brain, you did nothing wrong. A man would do just that so it’s okay.”" He repeated.

Sehun on the other hand, when he left the room, saw Liu Mei waiting outside.

"I knew you're going to come out in less than 5 minutes." Liu Mei stated. "Not many can handle that thing for more than 5 minutes."

Readers, by 'that thing' she meant Luhan.

Sehun blushed at his own thought. "She's worried about me." Liu Mei was misinterpreted though.

"Thanks for the co..." Before he could even finish, Liu Mei cut him off.

"I'm not worried, please don't misinterpret. My mom told me to do this. If she didn’t, I wouldn't care otherwise." Liu Mei said coldly which made Sehun quite depressed. "And according to that woman, I should talk to you about things that I have no interest in."

"You're rather cold today, Liu Mei." Sehun said and started to walk around together with Liu Mei.

Liu Mei glanced at Sehun with her usual, cold stare. "Today? I haven't even met you before."

Sehun blinked his eyes for a few times and tried to understand what Liu Mei was saying. "Eh?" Was all he could say.

Liu Mei said in response, “I would've remembered you if I met you before since all people I met are always on schedule. I don't talk to people who aren't even part of my schedule. It'll be just a waste of my time to have a conversation with strangers so it is impossible that I have met you before."

"Yes, I'm sorry." Sehun apologized but he was still confused at the moment. Who wouldn't be anyway?

"What are we going to talk about?" Liu Mei asked and gently pushed the glass door, leading to their villa's veranda. "We'll talk here." She said and sat at one of the plastic chairs.

"Do you, perhaps, like the night view?" Sehun asked and sat down as well.

Liu Mei shook his head. "Of course not. I decided to talk here because Luhan doesn't come here." She said while crossing her legs. "I hate being bothered by that childish brat." She added.

"You don't have a good relationship with your brother, huh?" Sehun asked, still getting nervous of how Liu Mei will react.

"We don't have a bad relationship." She said and gazed at the stars. "Just the normal sibling relationship."

"I see." Sehun said. "My brother and I don't even talk to each other when not needed."

Without even looking at Sehun, Liu Mei coldly said, “I didn’t ask.”

"Sorry." Sehun apologized. "I just want you to get to know me better."

Liu Mei glanced at Sehun. "But I don't want to know you better" She said harshly. "I'll ask things about you when the time that I'll be interested in you comes."

"Then, will you tell me if I said I want to know you better?" Sehun asked and looked at Liu Mei hopefully. "I am interested in you, after all."

Liu Mei gulped when she realized that she was caught in her own bad mouth, making her pride as her first priority, she nodded. Sehun's smile grew wider, from ear to ear. "However, I'll only tell you three things."

"Then, tell me your life story." Sehun said. "I want to figure out the others by myself."

"My... life story?" Liu Mei asked. "It's a story not worth hearing."

"It's worth hearing, for me." Sehun said. "I'd like to hear it, please?"

Liu Mei gulped at how cute and disgusting Sehun can be while saying 'please'. "Just so you'll know, I won't be doing this because you said 'please'." She said. "I'm doing this because I'll seem to be a hypocrite if I don't."

Sehun just smiled.

"Let's see... my life wasn't really that interesting until I met my family." Liu Mei said.

"Your family?" Sehun asked, confused. "You mean, you didn't live with ma’am Cai Zhi and Luhan before?'

Liu Mei nodded. "We met when I was 15, I think.”

[Liu Mei age 15]

"Liu Mei, grandfather is slowly aging. My time might come today, tomorrow, or next week, so before that happens, your mother will take you back." My grandfather said weakly. "I hope you get along with them very well."

Right after what he said, he closed his eyes and I knew for sure, his time has come. I didn't shed any tear. I thought nothing will come out of it even if I did cry with all my might. That was what I was thinking until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around and looked at the two strangers inside my grandfather's room.

 A boy, who was taller than me but definitely looked like me, looked like he was not affected by this at all and the woman beside him sighed with grief and raised her sunglasses, after she lift it, I saw another person holding the same face, with reddish eyes. I knew for sure that she was just crying.

"What he said is true but for now, keep on crying until you feel relieved." The woman said as she hugged me. "Cry. No one is going to stop you."

With her words, I don't know what hit me. I don't know why all these sad emotions just came to me. I cried so hard, just after she said that.

"They took me in after explaining what happened." Liu Mei told Sehun. "It seems that my grandparents do not approve of my parents' marriage that's why they took one of the twins which happened to be me."

"I see..." Was all Sehun can say.

"It took me time to adapt in the new house, being the naive and obeying kid I was back then, I followed Luhan's orders." Liu Mei said and looked like she was about to crush someone. "That jerk, if only I wasn’t naive at that time. Argh. I hate him."

"Liu Mei, from now on, your room will be connected with Luhan's." Cai Zhi said. "Your previous room will be used as a guest room, so start moving your things."

I nodded and answered, "Okay."

I moved my things out of that boring room. It was boring room with nothing but pink in it.

Just as when I was taking some of my stuff inside the new room with nothing but violet in it, Luhan was there, lying on my bed.

"Two rules!" He shouted while making the peace sign with his fingers. "One, your room is my room. Two, my room is my room. Got it?"

"Yes, sir!" I shouted while saluting and dropping the things I was carrying.

"Good. Now go get an iced coke from the fridge." He ordered.

"Yes, sir!" I saluted and ran downstairs to get his coke.

When I got upstairs, he immediately drank the coke. "Now go do my homework, you'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter