Chapter 1

I'll Be Yours

CHAERAE P.O.V.

My eyes traveled over the wide campus, as the car I was in drove up to the main Academy's gates. This was barely my fourth day in Seoul, Korea and my mind was blown. It was so huge! I couldn't comprehend it! I was from a large city in the US, but this was so different.

 

  I opened the door, once it had come to a stop and slung my messenger bag over my shoulder. I took a deep breath and then slung my bass guitar and flute case strap over my opposite shoulder. I closed the door and looked up at the vast gate. Other students were flooding into the gates , chatting and laughing. I could barely understand everything, since my native language wasn't Korean, but I understood enough to get me by.

 

I took one more deep breath and entered the gates, not knowing how much I would change in just this first day.

***

"Now, everyone! Sit down!" I shifted nervously on my feet as the homeroom teacher addressed the loud and full classroom. Numerous students were crowding the classroom. I never liked being the new student. No one was listening to the middle-aged teacher, even with his countless attempts to grab their attention. I sighed to myself, realizing how unimportant my presence was. I was about to apologize to the teacher and just find an empty seat when I heard a loud booming voice over the multiple voices in the room.

"GUYS! CAN'T YOU SEE WE HAVE A NEW CLASSMATE!? SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO HER INTRODUCE HERSELF!" What a deep voice! My head shot up to look for the owner of this deep velvet voice. My eyes landed on a tall curly-haired boy sitting in the far back corner of the room. His wide, smiling eyes locked with mine and he gave me a derpy grin.

I cringed slightly, surprised. This person's look did not fit his voice. Though he was a bit strange, I couldn't help but notice how handsome he was. I felt my cheeks get hot as the other loud voices died out and the room became silent, waiting for me to introduce myself. I could hear whispers traveling around as I gulped.

"Is she American? She looks like she is?"

"But look at her eyes. They look Korean... or Chinese... Is she a mut?"

"I kind of like her style..."

"Is that a guitar? What else is she carrying?"

"Thank you Park Chanyeol-ssi. Now," The teacher turned to me, with an encouraging smile. "This is the new transfer student Jung Chaerae. She is from the U.S. Texas, right?" I nodded, not trusting my own voice. "Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?"

I gulped. "M-My name is Jung Chaerae. I am 16. I sing, dance, and draw... Uhm... I just moved here less than a week ago. Please take care of me!" I bowed quickly, too embarrassed to say anything more. I heard a small chuckle and felt my cheeks get hot. Was my pronnunciation off? Did I say something wrong?

"Very good. Please be good to Jung Chaerae-ssi, class. Chaerae-ssi, there is an empty seat back there, next to Chanyeol-ssi." The teacher smiled at me. I nodded and made my way to the curly-haired boy. I kept my eyes down until I reached my seat. I didn't want to look at anyone the wrong way. I just wanted to stay under the radar. That was not that easy when you were the new kid. The whole class followed me with their eyes as I plopped into the empty desk and removed my bags.

I gulped once more and then looked up. The teacher had gone on to start talking about the class and then started the lesson, the whole class returned their attention to the teacher. I tried to pay attention and take notes, but I had the subconcious feeling that someone was watching me. I turned my head to the strange curly-haired boy to my right and met his light brown eyes. My face flushed as he gave me a small smile. He gestured that I come closer to him mouthing the words "Come here" and for some reason I obeyed. I leaned toward him and shivered when I felt his warm breath close to my face, curling warmly around me.

"Welcome! Sorry for the way the others were acting. They're a bit rude." His deep velvety voice made me melt. I slowly shook my head.

"A-Aniyo! It's okay. I understand." I spoke formally to him and bowed my head. He gave me a derpy smile and then motioned to return to taking notes. I silently  obeyed and smiled slightly to myself. He may be odd, but he was kind of nice. Even though I knew he was no longer looking at me, I felt someone elses' gaze on me as I continued to take notes. I tried to take a peek around the room to see who it was but couldn't figure it out.

At the end of the class, I packed all of my things up and waited for the entire class to file out before leaving. I turned back to the Chanyeol guy and noticed that he was sound asleep. I giggled slightly and poked his arm. He jumped at my touch. "Class is over, Chanyeol-ssi. Sorry to wake you!" I, once again, bowed and heard him chuckle.

"Thank you. By the way, you don't need to be so formal. Chanyeol is fine. Can I call you Chaerae? We're classmates after all." He smiled at me warmly, and I reluctantly nodded. "Ah, we should get going. Where is your next class?" He stretched and smiled at me.

"Ahm... It's Hip-Hop. In studio B." I referred back to my schedule.

His face lit up. "That's my next class! Let's go! I'll take you there! We can be a little late, the instructor and I are very close. Come on." He took hold of my wrist and pulled me out of the room. Whoah! I stumbled after him and then smiled. Maybe being new wasn't so bad.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope it was to your liking so far! To be honest, I kind of just threw this up! I hope it isn't too bad! By the way, I named "you" as Jung Chaerae to help the flow of the story better.

 

Anyhow, I'll try to update quickly! Please leave feedback!

 

Thank you! ^^