Chapter 17

And We'll Dance Until the Morning Comes

After I confessed to Olivia, I was completely shocked. I had no intention at all to say those words. I was getting so into what I was saying, that my mouth went on autopilot, and everything just spilled out. Fortunately, Olivia did not reject my confession. Instead, she stared at me for a while. It was like she was waiting for me to laugh or say it was a joke, but I didn't. When she realized that I had meant what I said, she smiled the most amazing smile I had ever seen. 

"Oppa! Do you really like me?"

"Uh. Yes. Is that weird? Do you like me too?"

"Of course!!"

"Wait, of course its weird, or of course you like me..."

"Of course I like you!!"

I was so happy. I felt like I had wings and I could fly to planet Mato. I held out my hand for her to take. She high-fived it. I laughed and said, "Livvy-sshi, you were supposed to hold my hand." Her head went back as she let out a big laugh. "Oh," she said. She took my hand and we walked out of the room. TOGETHER!!


One thing that I didn't tell anyone, was that it was my birthday. Every single birthday I had ever had, I always try to blend in as much as possible, but for some reason, I always ended up being the center of attention. For my 14th birthday, my mother showed up with donuts for the whole class. And I didn't even get a donut! The year before that, Olivia told EVERYONE it was my birthday. One of my teachers even came into my math class and sang to me per Olivia. Every single year, Olivia always remembered my birthday and embarassed me every single time. I loved her to death, but there were some disadvantages to her good memory and kind heart. 

I was hoping that this year would be different. I was hoping that with everything happening, Olivia would forget all about my birthday. No one else that I knew was here, so there wouldn't be a chance of anyone else saying it was my birthday. So far, no one had brought up my birthday. So far, I had hope that my luck would continue and no one would bring up my birthday. It wasn't that I didn't like attention, it was just that I  didn't know what to do when everyone was watching me. It always felt extremely awkward.