Chapter 25

And We'll Dance Until the Morning Comes

I walked out onto the streets of LA. Something about this place always made me feel at home. I walked and walked and walked. My feet were on autopilot, my mind totally lost in thought. I didn't know where I was going, and I didn't care. I was upset, devastated, forlorn. My heart ached and my body was empty. My life no longer had meaning. Ok, maybe I was exaggerating a bit, but I had a right to. This dream of mine was basically what my whole life was centered on for the past 4 years. 

When people at my school made me feel miserable. When I was treated so badly by the kids who called themselves my "friends". When I felt worthless and not capable of anything, this dream was what I turned to. This dream gave me hope. Because of this dream, I knew that I had to stay true to who I was, because someday, I was going to be 100 times more amazing, more great, more successful, more valuable, and more admired, than anyone I knew. I was going to be worth something. And whenever I felt insignificant, intimidated, or inferior, this dream is what brought me back up to my high pedastal. I acted so conceited, and proud. But really, every little thing someone ever said to me, hurt me to the deepest part of my heart and soul. And all those little things people have said to me, I remembered. And I was going to remember them for the rest of my life. And all I wanted to do was to make them regret ever being so horrible to me. Because once they saw me getting paid and getting fame, they were going to be the ones who felt minor and secondary. I would radiate eminence, and all would flail themselves at me, trying to get a glimpse of the glamour that was my life.  

But now, I had nothing. This was the only thing I was good at. What was my life if I wasn't even able to do the things I loved? What was the point of my life. No, I'm not suicidal. I'm just saying. I was never going to give up. Ever. 


After searching for Olivia for what seemed like forever, I finally found her wandering about aimlessly. I ran to catch up with her. 

"Olivia!" I called. She didn't hear me. She was too lost in thought. I ran faster and grabbed her waist from behind. I put my head on her shoulder where it fit perfectly in the crook of her neck. She stiffened. 

"Who are you?" She asked. Her tone was frightened and scared.

"Don't worry, It's me, Zelo." I felt her body relax.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you. What are YOU doing here?"

"Oh nothing, just thinking about the philosphies of life."

"What? Nevermind. Listen. I didn't get to apologize for last night." 

"OK."

"Um.. I'm sorry."

"Its ok."

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't ask her to come with us, because she had a life she had to live back in Florida. And asking Lily to give up her dream was out of the question. We walked together in an understanding silence. Even though it had only been a week since I had met her, I felt as though i had known her my whole life. Now, knowing that there was a chance we might never see eachother again, I didn't want to let her go. Not ever. But I had to. This is apparently what she wanted. I grabbed her hand and we walked for hours. We walked until it was dark. That's when we realized, that we were totally lost. 

We walked to a park with no one around. 

"What do we do now?" She asked.

"I don't know. I guess we can just sleep here for tonight."

"Are you sure its safe?"

"Baby, You're with me of course you're safe."

She laughed and nudged me off the sidewalk. 

"Shut up. You're so cheesy."

"If you think that's cheesy, than wait right here."

We were underneath a tree. I took her bag and set it down. When I noticed her rubbing her arms, I shrugged off my jacket and put it on her. I pulled out my iPod, gave her one of the earbuds, chose a slow song, and pulled her close. I put my arms around her waist, and she put her arms around my neck. She went up on her tippy toes and kissed me on the lips. It wasn't a deep and passionate lalalalala kiss, but a merely a peck. And although it was just a peck, I felt my body heat up and send electricity through my veins. I felt myself blush and Olivia was smiling bashfully. We didn't say a word to eachother the rest of the night. Instead we just danced until the morning came.