Chapter 19

And We'll Dance Until the Morning Comes

Backstage in the dressing room, Zelo and I were pacing back and forth. We didn't know what was going on out there with Lily and Olivia. We had sent manager hyung out there 45 minutes ago. It was taking a lot longer than expected and we hoped it was going well. I really wanted Lily to be happy. It was her birthday! She had to have gotten in. Everything good happens on your birthday. Right?

Finally, Olivia and Lily came back. All of B.A.P stood up. We greeted, and everyone went back to whatever they were doing except for Zelo and I. 

"How did it go?" Zelo asked.

"Amazing!" Olivia replied.

"Yeah. It was. um Great." Lily said. She seemed sorta dejected and I asked her what was wrong. She shook her head and sat down in an empty chair. something was definitely bothering her. But I couldn't understand what. I mean her and her best friend were going to Seoul, they were going to live out their dream, AND it was her birthday. 

I pulled Lily aside into a corner room. I pulled out an envelope from my pocket and handed it to her. She opened it up and began to read the card. Her face seemed to light up the slightest bit when she saw it. Even though it was the tiniest of movements, I still became filled up with this overwhelming joy. 

"Thank you so much," she said

"No problem. I would've gotten you a gift, but there wasn't enough time and I didn't have a lot of money."

"No, I couldn't have asked for a better gift. I love keeping things simple. something that is almost impossible to do with Olivia as your best friend."

I laughed but didn't know how to respond so she kept talking.

"Reallyy, this means a lot. You're a really great person and a great friend."

Awesome. I had only just met this girl, and I was already being friendzoned. I had to do something before this became permanent.