Chapter 24

And We'll Dance Until the Morning Comes

"Where are you going?" Jongup asked me.

I wasn't in the mood to talk to him. Yeah, I wasn't angry at him. Yeah I should've at least given him an answer, but I had to much on my mind at the moment. I needed to talk to Lily. I needed to do the right thing. It wouldn't be fiar if Lily had to give up her dreams just because I wasn't good enough. 

I reached Zelo's room. The door was open a crack and I walked in. Lily and Zelo were sitting on opposite sides of the room. It seemed as if they were trying to put as much distance as they could between themselves. The awkwardness in the room was like electricity pulsing through every molecule. Lily was twisting her hat back and forth again. A habit she had acquired a while ago. I knew that she was nervous. She was thinking too hard, but at the same time, not wanting to think at all, and pushing all the thoughts out of her head. Zelo had his hands covering his eyes and his head back. He looked exasperated and stressed out. Neither of them noticed me in the room. 

"Ahem." 

They looked up at me. Their eyes were filled with desperation. 

"Olivia I-"

I cut Zelo off. I put my hand up and cleared my throat again. I started talking. Slowly. I was calculating every word I said carefully. As if I was a defender in court. I controlled my toungue in the beginning, but after a few choppy phrases. I let go and let my mind and heart speak.

"I just wanted to say. That I'm no longer angry. And I'm no longer... jealous. Um. Ok here's the deal. Jongup told me everything."

"He WHAT!?"

"Let. Me. Finish. He told me everything. Like how I didn't get in and you guys were just trying to help me. Yeah I know. Yeah, it practically killed me. But after I recollected myself, I realized that you know, maybe this dream wasn't meant for me. I mean a small part of me has always known that this wasn't where I was meant to be. I should be at home. Studying to become a doctor. It's not where I thought I'd end up, but it's where everyone else did. Maybe it's time that I started listening to others rather than my own reckless thoughts. Maybe its time that I gave up on this hopeless dream. Better to do so now instead of when its too late. If I stop now, I'll still have a chance to make something out of my life. So Lily, please. Go without me. All of you. This isn't my place, but Lily, it is yours. When you do your thang up there on the stage, its like a spotlight set directly on you. Everyone else is just lost in the shadows casted by you. I would never forgive myself if you didn't make full use of your gift because of me. So, do it For me, if not yourself and your god-given talent. I know it'll be hard for me, but I'll get over it. I always do. Like my mother said, it's probably just a phase. But just, make sure you invite me to all your concerts and hook me up with some celebs K?" I smiled at Lily. She had tears in her eyes and was looking at me as if I was crazy. 

"Olivia, you're the best. How could I ever leave you?"

"Because, we're gonna facetime everyday. We're going to keep in touch with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, whatever! We're gonna text eachother 24/7 all day everyday. And we're going to be just as close as we are now. Wanna know why? Because music and bap brought us together, and music nd bap is what's going to keep us together. I love you couz"

"GIRLL! I love you too! Promise me we'll keep in touch."

"Promise."

And with that, I gave Lily a hug, followed by Zelo, turned around, and walked away. I needed time to think.