Chapter 22

And We'll Dance Until the Morning Comes

The next morning, I woke up to find Lily not there. I started freaking out. Her purse was here. Her cell phone was here. Even her room key was here. I had no idea what to do. I ran out of the room and headed to Zelo and Jongup's suite. 

I pounded on the door.

"OPPAH!!!! I need help!! Lily's G-"

I was interrupted by the door swinging open. And who was there? None other than Lily. My jaw dropped. A wave of emotions rippled through me. First shocked, angry, jealous, sad, and shocked again. I had no words to say. Why was Lily staying in Zelo's room? 

"Olivia, hi!" Lily smiled at me and motioned for me to come in.

"Um... Lily, why are you here."

"Oh. Well you see,"

"It was my fault." Zelo had appeared behind Lily. "I had to talk to Lily about something. She forgot her key and phone in your room. We tried banging on your door but you didn't wake up."

So that's what that noise was

"What did you have to talk about?" 

"Um... I don't know"

"Zelo, what do you mean you don't know"

"I just can't really tell you."

"Why not?"

"I just can't"

With every word that came out of his mouth, my face grew hotter and hotter. I could practically hear the air coming out of my ears. I was so confused of my feelings. I loved Zelo and Lily so much, and it hurt me to be mad at them. But at the same time, Zelo really led me to believe that he genuinely liked me. And here he was, meeting with my best friend in the middle of the night, and letting her sleep in his room.

"Like, WTF"

I said it just loud enough for them to hear. Before they could respond, I whipped around and stormed away. As far away as I could get. 


As soon as Olivia left, there was awkwardness filled the air. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't tell Olivia what we were planning. Knowing that she didn't qualify to audition would've killed her. I also didn't want to lie to her, but as I was living in the moment, seeing her depressed was worse than having her mad at me. 

"I'm so sorry" Lily said

"Why? You didn't do anything wrong. I shouldn't have asked you to come out so late"

"And I shouldn't have forgot my key."

At that moment, Jongup appeared.

"I heard a lot of shouting. It sounded like Olivia. What's wrong?"

I explained to him what happened. He didn't look happy. I couldn't tell who he was mad at me, Lily, or Olivia. But juding on the determined way he left the room, I figured that he was mad at Olivia and was ready to tell her off. 

We quickly followed JongUp but he just told us to go back to the room. Of course we didn't want him to yell at Olivia but the way he told us to leave him alone showed that he was not in a mood to argue. He was going to talk to Olivia whether we were there or not. 


TO Shih:

Please don't hate me :)