--06--

Seventeen Little Secrets

(SoHyeon's POV)

"You all did pretty good on your first CoverOps assignment." BoA (a.k.a. Ms. Kwon) paced back and fourth, making the atmosphere really tense. "I hope you all know already or you've probably been doing, ah, things." She glared at the four of us, noting about our detention-escape-sleeping-coffee incident. 

Teehee?

"Turn around." BoA commanded. "Then tell me what color on the board I'm pointing to. WITHOUT looking."

This was getting easier. A month of being here and I've already gotten the hang of it! 

"Yellow." I blurted out. Oops.

"Correct. How many pencils are inside the cupboard in the first cabinet?"

"3,988."

"How many idols were signed into SM? That does not include subunits and actors/actresses and models."

"22."

"How many disbanded or left SM?"

"Eight. Plus three former members of TVXQ."

I cringed at that. Everyone practically knows I'm the biggest Cassiopeian in all of SM.

"Okay. Today, since the Computer building is under construction, so in here, you're gonna have CoveOps AND Computer Encoding classes in here until the re-construction is done. Mmkay?" 

After a moment of silence, I just started cracking 20 codes at once for my homework. A couple firewalls were hard to get through. I looked over at the other girls' screens. JiHae was done already, Lizzy was googling up pictures of who-knows-what, and Yewon was doing the same thing. 

"Aigooo~ These clothes are so cutee!" She whispered to me. "You think I have enough money on my credit card to buy all this?"

"I don't think it's a good idea to buy anything online to ship to here..we're not supposed to go on sites like that in the SM databases!" I cringed. Clueless Yewon..

"Googling EXO again, Yewon-ah?" BoA stared down at Yewon. 

"Eh, for Culture and--!" Yewon tried to come up with an (unbelievable) excuse. 

"Save it." 

Yewon stared back, as if BoA thought she didn't believe her, but she just saved it onto her flashdrive instead.

"Good. You got 3 GB left on that by the way." BoA walked around, checking everyone's activity. 

An hour later, CoverOps began. But the strange thing is, BoA never explained what the assignment was for today..

"SoHyeon, go find out Girls' Generation's,EXO's,TVXQ's, SHINee's, f(x)'s, and Super Junior's dorm room numbers without going anywhere or touching anything.

Lizzy, go find out that ahjumma's cell phone number, without getting caught.

JiHae, go to the CEO's office and find out SM's entire schedule without getting noticed. By ANYONE. Not even by a security camera.

Yewon, go find out the serial numbers of all of the books in this room without going anywhere. That means you stay at this spot."

BoA spoke to the other students to tell them their CoveOps exercise, while JiHae and Lizzy ran off to do what they're supposed to do.

I widened my eyes and looked at Yewon. It was clear that we thought this assignment was nearly impossible! Without going anywhere?! 

"3123. 4223. 5487, 6784, 7865, and 8786!" Wow, my memory must be burning today.

"12187348733496.." Yewon rambled on a bunch of numbers and she seemed kind of..nervous. 

"Correct. You may take your seats." 

"678-375-4554." Lizzy came back, reporting the number. Isn't that kind of creepy? 

Then JiHae spoke the entire SM schedule for the year. Though, the only thing that surprised everyone was about our debut as the four-member girl-group, ShikA. Except for BoA.

"Congratulations on your soon-to-be debut." BoA smiles. For the first time in class!? "You both may take your seats."

Then it took almost forever, because two other students got their assignments wrong, but whatever.

After that, we just learned a bunch of strategies to use in classes and during our jobs. 

The red light blinked on the board, signaling all of us that this class was over, 'till tomorrow.

"Okay. Dismissed." 

We all ran out, first ones to leave.

"Why is everyone so surprised that we're debuting? I mean, we're not debuting 'till almost a year later!" I gasped, when we reached our dorm room. We ran like the speed of light. 

"I dunno. Maybe they're just jealous." Lizzy unlocked the door, and then drank some water.

"Hey, Soyhyun-ah!" Yewon exclaims, using my nickname again. "You got a gift on the table! Should I open it?!" 

I rushed over there. Crap, who knows what Yewon will do? "No, no, no." I picked it up. "I'll...find out what it is."

"Hurry up! We got dance training soon!" JiHae eats something real quick, before changing in her room.

I tore off the wrapper slowly, off of the first box. I held my breath. They were new clothes. And apparently they were exactly my size. 

Wait a minute...

"Have fun with these~ See you at the Forever 21 photoshoot (; -YeJun, the-person-that-you-hate-the-most.

P.S. Love ya too."

WHAT THE HECK?! I hate him! He's so annoying and erted! I wish he'd go away! 

"GRRRRRRRRR." I screamed in anger. 

"WHAT HAPPENED--oooooooooooh. These are cute." The other girls rushed in, observing the clothes on my bed, while on popsicles. 

"Stupid YeJun as always." I piled the clothes back into the box and gave it to Yewon, since Lizzy was smaller than me and JiHae wore a larger size. "I don't want them. He barely knows me anyway. Why does he act like as if I'm his little girlfriend?" 

"I dunno. Maybe this time he really, really likes you!" Lizzy and her conclusions. No, just no.

"What do you mean 'this time'?" Yewon quotes.

"Well he's this really known playboy in SM since three years ago. He got in through audition, just like everyone else. Then everyone fell for him, because they found out Yunho-sunbae was his older brother. The only time he loved someone was...Baek Ah Yeon." JiHae sighs.

"Ah Yeon, as in..." I say.

"Yep. The new girl from JYP!" Lizzy finishes her popsicle and throws the stick in the trash can.

"Then what's with all his girlfriends?" I was being skeptical. Someone like him. Loving someone?!

"They remind him of her. All sweet and innocent and stuff. But now that she's in JYP, I bet, she's not so cool anymore. Like the soon-to-be-new-group, 15& (also from JYP) and all the other groups from JYP? They're practically ruined on the inside." JiHae starts.

"Because JYP is against us. They ruin people like us. They want to kill us, as in all of SM. They only accept people that are innocent on the inside or the ones that love JYP entirely and nothing else." Lizzy adds.

"Isn't that--"

"We don't want to talk about this anymore." They look at each other, then regain their smiles and happy selves. "Let's just go to training now! 'Kay?"

Yewon and I try to smile back. But this is just too much. After all, we're new to this. Aren't we?

"Suree!"

We walked down slowly, singing the lyrics to our title song, Style.

"Leggo shopping after thisss~ 'kayy?" Lizzy twirled around.

We all agreed, then entered the famous SM cloud-themed practice room. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, students! J-Hwa! I believe we've met before, haven't we?" She waved to us, ready to practice. "I'll be teaching you guys your moves and lyrics to the pre-debut MV, Rambling Girls, and then your real debut, Style. Okay?!" 

"Nae!" We all did thumbs up, meaning that we approved.

"Alright, just follow me, okay? I assumed that you've all learned your stuff." J-Hwa the music and instructed us slowly. Then doing everything she can, as soon as we got the steps and lyrics for Rambling Girls. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZPodMBzr2Y

"Higher notes, less movement. More smiling!" She clapped. 

We all regained our energy after the first practice went well.

"So when's the next practice?" Lizzy asks, pretty hyper for a girl that just practiced dancing and singing for 3 hours.

"Hmm, probably next week, after your first recording. Is that okay?" J-Hwa tilts her head.

"Yes!" JiHae answers.

"Okay, can't wait!" J-Hwa smiles. Then she turns to me. "Ah, SoHyeon. As punishment for ruining half of my clothes, Changmin has to tutor someone. In anything, like performing stuff or SM stuff. Apparently, he has trouble picking someone to tutor. That weirdo. Pfft. Anyway, pleeeaseee? Yunho's making me being the person, but I want to hang out with Taeminnn. Pleaseeee?"

Before I say yes, the other girls come and say, "SAY YESSSSSSSSSSS! YOU KNOW YOU WANNAAAAAAA!"

J-Hwa laughs at our hyper-ness. "Yunho will probably do it, too. He's sooo tired of taking care of YeJun all of the time." She jokingly rolled her eyes.

"WE'LL BOTH GO!" Lizzy and I raised up our hands. 

"Aw, poo. We're too late." JiHae and Yewon pouts. 

"Next time~" J-Hwa grins. "Anyway, bye, girls! Good luck!" 

After she leaves, we were all on our way to the mall already. (We have passes to go outside.) 

"Good luck on what..?" JiHae thinks.

"I dunno. On our debut that's like later?!" Yewon guesses.

"Maybe, maybe. Anyway, let's go into that store! I saw some cute clothes last time!" I squeal.

We all run into the store, scattering everywhere, looking through the racks and going in and out of the fitting rooms.

"SoHyeon?!" I look at the person who just called my name.

IT'S SEOHYUN! 

"Seohyun unni?!" I haven't seen her in forever! She's practically like my sister. We haven't seen each other since 6 years ago, since her debut in Girls' Generation.

Yewon, Lizzy, and JiHae came over, as soon as they were done paying. 

"Seohyun-sunbae! Annyeong!" They bowed really fast and then they waved.

"Annyeong! You guys can call me unni! Sunbae makes me feel old!" Seohyun joked. 

"Ah, really? Thank youu!" 

"You're welcomee~ Hey, let's go find some cute clothes for SoHyeon for her tutor dateeeee~" Seohyun cooed. 

"Eh?! How did you know.." I asked nervously.

"J-Hwa texted me, Yunho ranted about it, and..well I forgot!" She put some clothes onto my arms for me to try on, then the other girls piled more on my arms.

"Okay! That's enough! I'm gonna go see how they look~" I go into a crammed fitting room stall.

"So do they seem okay?!" Seohyun asks through the door. 

"Yea!" I try on some skirts and flowy tank tops. The skinny jeans didn't work out for me too much. 

"Okay~ Let's go pay then..do shtuff!" She takes the clothes herself and goes to the cash register.

"Ah! That's okay, unni. You don't have to pay for me! I got my own money." I dig through my pocket and whip out my credit card. "See?"

"But SoHyeon, I haven't seen you in forever! And all the other unnies want to meet you!" She pouts. 

"Okay, okay." I giggled. "You win this time!"

"Oh! Should we all plan for what SoHyeon should do on her daate?~" Lizzy teased, as soon as we walked out of the store, carrying bags full of clothes.

"We should tell the other unnies tooo!" Seohyun smiles widely, then we cross the street to the cafe, meeting Taeyeon, Jessica, and Tiffany. 


"Annyeonghasaeyo! ShikA imnida!" JiHae, Lizzy, Yewon, and I bowed. 

"Annyeong! You-know-who-we-are imnida!" They laughed. "So anything you guys want to drink? We'll pay!" 

"Aigoo, do we have to pay you back?" Lizzy blurts out.

"Ehh, nope~" Tiffany shakes her head. "Special treat for you guys today!" 

"Wae? (why?)" I wondered. 

"You guys are our new dongsaengies! (Korean term for little siblings. Used towards actual younger siblings or younger friends/acquiantances.)" Jessica claps. Then takes a sip out of her Starbucks smoothie.

"Oh! SoHyeon, I'm sorry I was rude on your first day. It wasn't a very good day." Taeyeon hugs me. And then smiles really wide. "I heard about your tutor date thing with Changmin oppa!" 

"It's not a dateeee." I insisted. 

"Aishh, don't deny that you're excited!" Jessica teases me. 

"Her iPhone is FILLED with his pictures!" JiHae adds.

"Like..a saesang fan?!" Seohyun gasps. "SoHyeon! I didn't know you were like that!" Tiffany and Seohyun struggled to keep in their laughter.

"Noooo~ Just from the..Internet." 

"Okayy~ Whatever you say!" Jessica nods. "Anyway, let's go back to ShikA's dorm room! I wanna see what it looks like!" 

"Yaaaayy!" We all cheer as if we're in the Oh! M/V. 

Then when we arrive at our door, we find Yunho, Changmin, and J-Hwa walking down the hallway and they see us, too.

"A-annyeong." Changmin and I say at the same time, awkwardly. "What-what are up to.." I asked, looking at Changmin, then my feet.

I managed to look up at him. "Oppa..I was wondering..starting tomorrow..can you help me on my singing?" 

Surprisingly, he smiled at me. Ohmigosh. 

"Is that so? Don't worry. I'll help you be your best" He patted my head. And almost pulled me in for a hug.

But we hesitated. "See you, SoHyeon-ah~" He says sweetly and walks off with Yunho and J-Hwa, while they both tease Changmin.

"AWWWWW THAT WAS SO CUTEEE!" Taeyeon, Tiffany, Jessica, and Seohyun squeals loudly, once we locked the dorm room door.

"Noo it wasn't!" I felt that my face was heating up. 

"HE LOVES YOUUUU!" JiHae, Lizzy, and Yewon screams.

Truthfully, I was super, duper excited. I've been dreaming of this, for like, forever! Hello, proud fangirl here! 

"Ohmigod, what do I do?!?!?"

"Start dressing up! That's the first thing you have to do!" Jessica proclaimed. "I bet he'll walk by your class just to see you. Just wait!"

Am I ready for tomorrow though?