-29-

Seventeen Little Secrets

SoHyeon's POV.


"J-Hwa unnie!" I squealed when I went to go hug her. "Why did the mission take so long? Did you get hurt?!" I asked frantically when I pulled away.

 

"No, not at all, but what matters right now is all of you and the paparazzi!" She pointed to the door, that was still being banged on constantly.

 

"She's right," JiHae nodded. "But how? The exit door doesn't always work. We just got lucky this time."

 

"Well according to my measurements, there were probably 20 reporters per yard that were stampeding opposite of our way, so.." Lizzy warned.

 

We all looked at each other worriedly, then went right to packing, yelling across the dorm, asking each other what we should bring, since we'll perform in Japan first.

 

A few hours later, we practically ran through the crowd, as we linked arms and luggages.

 

Finally, J-Hwa called a private taxi, then as everyone got in, I looked back and realized that I haven't even said goodbye to Changmin yet!

 

Unkwowingly, I said, "Wait! I haven't said bye to Ch--"

 

"You'll see him again in three days! Time to go!" Yewon shrieked, as she pulled me in, shutting the door, as the hoards of reporters were left behind.

 

As I looked back, the SM buildings became more faraway, as I looked back, blocking out the lectures I was getting.

 

"Aish, this isn't a drama, SoHyeon. Why not try calling him now?" Yewon sighed.

 

"Oh, right!" I reached into my pocket and when I pressed the home button, I realized that it died and I didn't even bring my own phone charger.. ".."

 

"Here, use mine." J-Hwa said, handing her phone to me, since she just got off a call.

 

I thanked her, then smiled as I scrolled through her contacts list, stopping at his name.

 

As I held the phone up to my ear on the way to the airport, I never knew this weird feeling that was growing inside of me..

 

Nah, it's probably just a fangirl thing.

 

Changmin's POV.
 

As soon as I woke up, I heard some commotion down below. I thought it was BoA's class, but then I remembered that BoA's class doesn't use cameras that click..

 

"Wait, Changmin! Are you seriously going down there?!" Yunho asked me, holding my arm to pull me back. "It's crazy, don't go."

 

I gave him one of my cold skeptical looks and said, "I don't care. What if she's being tortured down there?!"

 

"Changmin, reporters don't--" I cut him off, by going out the door and shutting it behind me. I run down towards the dorms, but Yunho wasn't kidding at all. They came at me in a huge hoard.

 

"IS THAT CHANGMIN?!" "DID YOU COME TO SAY GOODBYE TO SOHYEON BEFORE YEJUN?!" "WILL SHE BE YOUR LOVE INTEREST IN YOUR RUMORED UPCOMING DRAMA?!"

 

It was hectic, as I spent 45 minutes trying to lose them. As I did, I ran to BoA's class and stopped at the door, nearly out of breath.

 

"B-BoA, w-where I-is--"

 

"Pfft, she left already. I sent her off with Jae. She's going to the airport now. Why--oh don't tell me you're--" BoA gave me an intimidating look, then she pointed down. "You gonna answer that?"

 

I saw some of the girls roll their eyes, then I ignored them as I walked out and answered the call. J-Hwa? Why is she calling me?

 

"Changmin? Sunbae-nim?! Hello?!" I heard a frantic light voice, that was not my stepsister's. Oh! It's SoHyeon!

 

"SoHyeon-ah?! Are you okay? Are you almost to the airport?!"

 

I heard some breathing and some background talking over the phone.

 

"Um, yea, I am! I'm really, er, glad that you've picked up! Just don't check Na--"

 

"I, kinda..did."

 

"Oh, well...you don't hate me for that, right? R-right?"

 

"No way! Never! You'll be really awesome on stage, I bet!"

 

"Really? Thank you! Are you going to come?! We're going to perform Voca--"

 

"Ah, I don't know..hopefully Yunho won't have anything for me to do, so..."

 

"Oh..well..thank you! I have to go..security checks..ahehehe, b-bye!"

 

She hung up, before I could even say bye back. I stood against the wall in the empty hallway, thinking about that day at Music Station..

 

"Changmin, isn't this exciting?!" Jaejoong laughed, teasing me. Of course he knows that I get more nervous than anybody!

 

"Don't get too hungry live or else your stomach will growl over everything and block our voices!" Junsu laughed so hard, that he started squeaking like a dolphin. Oh god.

 

"Guys, I'll be okay!--" The five of us looked over at this sudden commotion that suddenly arose.

 

A few staff members and two girls in fancy dresses are arguing. Well one of the girls..

 

One of them had slightly wavy, light brown hair and wore something like an alternative singer would. She was carrying a black and white guitar. The other had her hair up in a high ponytail and she was in a golden silk dress.

 

The guitar girl was close to yelling, while the fancy one did nothing. Why??

 

"I'm sorry, but you can't perform this week..all of our slots are full. We had to cut out your time, it's not---" A staff member protested. I could tell that there was some glint in his eye..

 

"We were specifically told to do so, I feel sorry for you, rookie, but--"

 

The guitar girl's voice started to wobble.

 

"I should go--" I started to say, but Yoochun pulled me back. "It's not your fight, man."

 

"By who?! I was never told of this! I'm Haruna! My CEO laid out the schedule just hours before, it couldn't have just--" She shrieked, starting to have tears stream down her face.

 

"Uh, Director-san, isn't it time for me to perform? Koda Kumi-nee sama is done!" The fancy dress girl giggled frantically.

 

"Ah, they're that uprising duo, HARUKAxHARUNA.." Yunho muttered.

 

So if the guitar girl is Haruna, then the fancy girl is...Haruka?

 

"Don't worry, Haruna, you'll get your spotlight later..when you're dead.." I hear Haruka say that lowly to a crying Haruna. Haruna clenched her fist around her guitar, trying hard to not let any more tears fall.

 

Haruka cackled, as she walked towards the stage, flaunting her shiny ponytail, while her heels click clacked annoyingly as she walked.

 

Haruna then ran away from the studio quietly wiping away her tears.

 

"And I thought Haruka was more attractive..." Jaejoong scoffed, crossing his arms.

 

"Look, I'll go and talk to her a bit. Maybe it'll--" I started to suggest, ignoring Jaejoong's remark.

 

"3 minutes, Changmin." Yoochun grinned.

 

I thanked them, then went to the stairs, where I saw her go to.

 

I sat by her and said a few things. I felt good that I made someone smile.

 

I only said, "Why not dance instead?"

 

No One's POV.

 

As the girls went through the airport, SoHyeon wistfully thought about the short conversation between her and Changmin. She thought about it so much, that she looked sadly at J-Hwa's phone in the security bins on the moving rail.

 

Then as they went on the plane, they only slept for a few hours just before they landed. Although, they were still exhausted, they were also very excited.

 

"Wow, we're here! The sakura blossoms are still around!" Lizzy gushed, after they got to the hotel. Luckily, they weren't tracked down by any crazies. Yet.

 

"Well sadly, we have to go right to the Nissan Stadium, so no shopping for now!" J-Hwa teased.

 

"Keyword. For now." Yewon grinned. She was smiling so wide, just because she heard the word "shopping."

 

"N-nissan stadium?!" Ahreum and SoHyeon said at the same time.

 

I remember going to a TVXQ concert there in 2007..secretly. SoHyeon thought.

 

J-Hwa nodded. "Yes! You guys made the new Vocaloid line become soooo successful. They were all surprised that it was Koreans. Anyway we should go now, we don't have much time."

 

After the girls became comfortable with the huge stage, the effects, cords and all of that, they stayed for the next two days until the next night.

 

In front of the huge dome, frantic fanboys and girls from the nearby cities, or even Korea, stood screaming and holding up signs and orange light sticks.

 

"Yo, SoHyeon. You ready?" The girls asked repeatedly to their maknae.

 

"Always." SoHyeon smiled back at them, as they were in white semi-frilly dresses.

 

We're in Japan and for once, I wasn't called Himeka-chan.

 

Or even worse,

 

Haruna.