--16--

Seventeen Little Secrets

SoHyeon's POV. (In the songs listed in this chapter, pretend that they're ShikA's.)

"SoHyeon, are you awake now?!" J-Hwa called from outside the door.

Ah! I'm still at the MV making! I must've fell asleep somehow, since I'm all alone in the dressing room. 

"Yeah! I'll be out in a minute!" I reply, getting my electric guitar out. Apparently, I was supposed to lipsync, but actually play for real. How does this work? Anyways, I got out of the dressing room (in one piece, thank gosh!) and made it clear to J-Hwa that I'm perfectly fine.

"Alright, so you got the details all set, right?" J-Hwa eyed me carefully. "It's not too much pressure, even though you haven't officially debuted yet, especially with all these endorsement offers coming.." She smiles when she views the call log on her phone. 

"Totally!" I nodded very fast. 

She laughs. "Just don't overwork yourself. Remember, just lipsyncing to your recording and play along with the instrumental. You and the other girls got a lot more coming."

I nodded again. 

This time, I was lent a new guitar for the MV and the sets were HUGE! (To readers: Think of J-Min's Stand Up MV. That's how it's all gonna look like.)

It was natural and roomy and ohmygosh!

"Alright, SoHyeon, you will start to come and wander into the sunshine forest set, pretend to be fascinated like you already are, PERFECT! And you'll start doing what J-Hwa told you to do. Okay?" The director instructed me very easily. 

I nodded and went behind the set, where the staff led me to. 

"And....action!" The director sharply said. 

For the first time in this filming, I walked through the fake trees and bushes on the set and into the sunlight that's shining on me. Well it's just stage light, but whatever. I strapped on my guitar and started playing along with the backup band and lipsynced to the recording that's playing pretty loudly.

It's been a while, and I've been doing pretty well. I've played all the chords correctly and lipsynced all the lyrics. But I have to be careful. If I don't do it right, we'll have to keep doing it, and doing it and delay the releases of other ShikA scheduled activities. And that's not good. 

Finally, I played the guitar solo......5...4.....3....2....1~ Done!

"CUT!" The director yelled. The cameras stopped rolling and the lights in the room was finally normal. "Do it again!" 

"What? Wh--" I stopped myself, remembering that I would piss off the director and staff if I was bratty, like J-Hwa said. 

"You looked a bit too sad." The director sighed. "This is supposed to be an encouraging song, right? Then show the people what you can do! You were also a bit off on the lipsyncing. But that's okay, we can edit that. Plus, we had some lighting errors. Places!" 

I sighed, this was going to be a long filming....

*5 (Stand Up) MV sets / Six hours later* 

I was aching, I almost felt sick, I felt fragile..I can't do this! But it's a job. And I have to do this. If I can't, then what would all that training be for? How would I pay back all those lesson trainings and school fees if I refuse a job? 

"Break~!" J-Hwa called out to everyone with a microphone. 

I sat on a chair, exhausted, bent over my guitar. 

"Careful with that!" J-Hwa slowly took the guitar out from under my stomach and placed it into the case for a while. (This is what it looks like: link )

"Yeah, yeah, I know, it was a gift from Changmin..." I smiled and blushed at the thought..well without knowing, I kinda said it out loud.

"What? Really? How did--" 

"Uh, he just saw me looking at some guitars on sale on my phone once when I was, uh, at his dorm and, uh, studying and stuff." I glanced around the set. Any food?

"Haha, sure." J-Hwa scoffed. "Anyways, eat up. We won't have any breaks for a while and you'll need a lot of energy for the rest of the night filming. Oh! Got a call, be right back. Eat up!" 

I nodded and waved back. Then I saw that there was some instant ramen on the food table. Score! I poured the flavor and spices into the bowl, then water, and waited for it to cook myself. Like Changmin, I can eat anything! Wait, no, no, no, no, no! NEVER COMPARE YOURSELF TO YOUR SUNBAE! I shook my head, then started eating all the ramen slowly. 

The staff seemed tired with all these minor errors that the director keeps pointing out, that they could all easily fix during the editing process. Their hands struggled with the typing and fixing, because of the excessive work they have to do. Especially with Super Junior's comeback with Bonamana! (Note, it's June 2010 in the fanfic right now.) Eee! So excited! 

Anyway, J-Hwa came back to me smiling. 

"Good news!~" She says. "We only have about two more hours here and then we'll head off to the choreography and recording rooms for the debut album and the "ShikA Party~" Forever 21 clothing line endorsement single track, Style, which is included on the first album and hopefully we'll see your solo singles skyrocket on the charts!"

"Really?!" I squeal slightly, while smiling widely. I can finally be free of this place! (For now.) 

"Yes! By the way, here's the album tracklist that you need to know ahead of time. The other girls already know." J-Hwa handed me some sheets.

"(Sheet 1)

SY1 Subunit (SoHyeon and Yewon) debut:
1. Day by Day ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmt73R0GUB0 )
2. One More Chance ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ng2PFi7v-k )
(MVs for both tracks)

JL2 Subunit (Jihae and Lizzy) debut:
1. Poison ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP56DuUpKBE )
2. Game ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6WOS71NFs )
(MVs for both tracks) 

(Release both subunit debuts as digital singles)

ShikA DEBUT
~First Album~
1. Flashback
2. xxxxxxx
3. Rambling Girls
4. xxxxxxx
5. xxxxxxx
6. xxxxxxx
7. xxxxxxx
8. Stand Up (SoHyeon)
9. Volume Up (Lizzy)
10. Eyeline (JiHae)
11. Don't Leave (Yewon)
12. Day by Day (SoHyeon + Lizzy)
13. Poison (JiHae + Yewon)
"
(Note: pretend that these songs don't exist from the original artists. LOL)

"(Sheet 2)

Schedule

--Stand Up MV filming--

Endorsement promotions:

--Forever 21 clothing line (ShikA Party~) endorsement single + commercials + MV-- 
(To be released mid-June) 
1. Style 
2. Hello Bus 

(To readers, yes the Style MV will be the same in the fanfic. Except no one would have short hair.) 


--Apple iPhones 3G single title (+4 commercials):

1. Every Night (This is the dance practice video.)  

[WILL BE RELEASED AS THE TITLE SONG OF THE FIRST MINI ALBUM BEFORE THE ENDORSEMENT PROMOTIONS START]


--Mirror Mirror perfume to be sold in various jewelry and department stores.--
--Single + MV + 5 commercials--

[Korea Ver.]
1. Mirror Mirror [Released with the Korea promotions for this product] 



[Japan Ver.]
1. Reflection [Released with the Japan promotions for this product]


[More schedules coming soon.]"


"Wow..that's a lot..." My breath was practically taken away by how busy we could be by our debut. 

"Yeah, but wait until your official debut... It's gonna get worse. Well, not worse, just more work! But it'll be fun!" She tried to lighten up my mood. 

"Uh, okay... Anyways, I have to go back to the last filming for Stand Up." I pointed back to the staff and set.

"Right." J-Hwa's expression turned serious. "Always keep up with the job." 

"Yeah.." I walked to the shiny, glass set, while rubbing my head.

"Are you okay? You look kinda red.." One of the cameramen said.

"No, I'm totally fine." I nodded really quickly.

"You're--!" 

I was lightheaded.

Then dizzy.

Then the world started spinning.

And everything went black.

"SoHyeon!"



Changmin's POV.

"H-huh?" I felt a chill down my spine, as if something has happened.

Maybe it was nothing-- *Ring ring*

I picked up my phone.

"Yo! Jae!" I called my sister. "How's the filming?" I asked.

"Not good.." She replied in a worried tone.

"Waeyo? What happened?"

"SoHyeon, . . ."

"W-what?"

"She overworked herself and collapsed. I-It's my fault, I did this--"

"No, no you didn't. You're just doing your job. You didn't cause her to--"

"I did! I blame myself! I set up her schedule! I set everything up! I didn't give her enough rest because I want her to work hard and promote the group so they can be successful!"

"Jae!" I tried to calm her down. "Everything will be alright. Just wait, I'll be right over."

"A-aren't you working right now?"

"I'll take my break now, they won't mind. Is SoHyeon alright?"

"Yeah, she's just sleeping now. The doctor said she shouldn't be moving around for a few hours before working again."

"Alright, I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"5? Isn't that too short?"

"I'm in the building next to you." I chuckled.

"Wae?!" JaeHwa was surprised. I thought she would know, but I guess she was too busy to check.

"Anyways, I'll be there. Bye."

"Bye..." She hung up first, like always. It's like a reflex for her. Sometimes, she'd hang up when you'd keep talking after you already said bye.

I placed my things down and grabbed my bag holding my scripts and papers. Then I left the building.

Now I need to hide myself from fans that usually crowd the front door with cameras and gifts...
I looked at the back door and peeked to check for fans.
As I slightly opened the door...

"KYAH!!!"

"THE DOOR IS OPENING!"

"NOW'S OUR CHANCE!!!"

Oh crap!
I slammed the door shut and locked it. I looked through the peep hole and sees securities getting in their way.
Phew...

Now to find my way out . . .

 

-----

 

JaeHwa (J-Hwa Fact):

Being ChangMin's step sister and ChungHwa's blood sister, she is often fought for because they both love her (As family.)
Her dad remarried his mom when she was 5 (ChungHwa was like, 7 at that time and ChangMin was 6)