-28-

Seventeen Little Secrets

Changmin's POV.

 

After I returned back to the apartment dorm, I found YeJun crashed onto the sofa, with a few bottles on the table. Aigoo, so shameless. Then, I found Yunho hyung sleeping with his head hanging from the bed. Well brother's are alike, aren't they?

 

I was too tired for some odd reason to rehearse some singing or practice some dancing. Maybe I've been slacking around too much?

 

After a few hours, YeJun woke up (hopefully sober, at least) and just said, "Hhhhmmm, morning, teacher.." I just went over and smacked him upside though. "Yah. It's nearly midnight and it's Changmin. You're not in class."

 

"Ohhh, really....where's my laptop..hnng..." YeJun finally sat upright and managed to open his laptop. Probably to look at .

 

"I can't believe you snuck into a club again. Wait until Yunho hears the end of this!" I laughed to myself. "Hey, BoA noona didn't say anything about class schedule changes to Division 3, did she?"

 

"Uhm, no, not that I--wait..you're only saying Division 3, 'cause sheeee is in that section! Aha! Well whatever. You're not getting to her, because I liked her first, saw her first and I'm sure that you didn't even leave one good impression on her either!" YeJun pointed out.

 

Just before I was about to make a comeback at him, I thought about his last sentence. What if she does think I'm weird..what if... "Please! She's only a hoobae! Ahah, I--" I tried to laugh it off, but I really at this.

 

"Seventy percent of the trainees and other idols in this company are hoobaes." YeJun squinted at me and stopped there. He then refocused himself on checking his Facebook fanpage, since he's been a model for a while now.

 

I was about to ask questions about Ahreum to him, but my phone had suddenly rang. Omo, it was SoHyeon! Maybe she's sick..she's been looking really red.

 

Instead of her voice, I heard wretched crying and screaming. Like a little child, but I knew better. "Hello? SoHyeon! Are you there?!" I yelled that a few times into the phone. There were also a few other voices over the phone. Most likely the other members of her group.

 

My yelling had also woken up Yunho, but I don't think he cared. All he did was throw away the bottles, without even asking about who drank from them.

 

He looked as groggy, as his younger brother did. Speaking of him, YeJun gave me a weird look, then typed into something else.

 

Luckily, I didn't have to scream at him to go to Naver, instead of some other website that was in English. When I read the article, it was all about SoHyeon. But it wasn't so good. I cringed, while I kept hearing agonized screaming over the phone.

 

No wonder SoHyeon acted strange when I asked her what she did in Japan..

 

"U-uh..it's complicated.."

 

I nearly ran out of the door, screaming into the phone again, when I heard Ahreum (?) whisper to her members.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Ahreum? Right? Is SoHyeon okay?!"

 

"U-uhm..she's--"

 

"IS SHE OKAY?!"

 

"WHAT THE HELL?! YES, SHE IS, BUT--"

 

"Let me talk to her or--"

 

"Just don't come here, okay?! She doesn't want to--"

 

"Why--"

 

Then I heard JiHae's voice. According to BoA, she's the second oldest, but is the leader. "Group matters only. Don't you dare come here, even if you have a master keycard!"

 

After that, they quickly hung up on me, leaving me feel quite uneasy.

 

I pushed YeJun to the other side of the couch, letting myself listen to a few of her songs. Her voice is even better in these songs than in her demo! In the performances, SoHyeon seemed ultimately confident, unlike usual. But then, I remembered that she’s probably going crazy right now..

 

“OHMYGOD, WHAT DO I DO?!” I panicked again, then stood up, pacing back and forth.

J-Hwa said she was coming back in an hour or so, BoA’s dorm is four flights of stairs above me and..well let’s just say everyone else is too far. ..

“Pfft, YOU?! I’ll go cheer her up, she’ll LOVE me!” YeJun laughed and ran out of the door.

 

I left the groggy Yunho on the floor and shut the door, then ran after him.

“YEJUN. YOU ARE AN IDIOT!” I screamed repeatedly after him. Goddamnit, he’s gotten faster. Victoria must’ve taught him well…

After half an hour, I see YeJun running into the dorm instantly and is probably tackling her, at the moment!

When I got to the door, I see his arms around SoHyeon, who was trying to bite his arm.   Did she even pay attention to the Physical Training she gets?

“Hey, I told you not to co--!” JiHae snapped, but was cut off by the time YeJun crashed onto her by his back, when SoHyeon flipped him over.  Oh thank god..

“Didn’t I tell you to ing stay away?! Who the hell told you to come, you--oh , what is it? Are you seeing Paranormal Activity behind m--” SoHyeon yelled in English, but as soon as Yewon went and turned her around, her expression completely changed.

 

And an evil smile was plastered onto YeJun’s face.

No One’s POV.

After YeJun was finally tied tightly to a chair in SCANDAL’s apartment dorm, silence had finally fulfilled the living room again, as SoHyeon and Changmin made eye contact. SoHyeon looked left and right wanting to find the best way to avoid the situation, but had already been beaten by Changmin, as he said, “I only tried to--”

She lifted up a hand to cut him off. “It’s fine. I’m used to it. You didn’t hear anything funny tonight, right?” SoHyeon didn’t bother to wait for an answer, as she just stormed out of the room immediately.

 

The other four members had gave Changmin a terrifying glare, before he ran outside.

 

While he ran around, figuring out on where she could be, SoHyeon went into the dark locker room and changed quickly into a tank top, skinny jeans and boots.

 

She didn't bother to check herself in the mirror, as the tank top showed some of the huge faded scars on her back.

 

Walking towards where the weapons were in the mini underground arena, she snatched the bow and arrows and went out of the locker rooms. For awhile, SoHyeon shot arrows to the middle of the targets, although sometimes she failed, which made her break a few more arrows.

Finally, after three hours, Changmin had went down into the underground arena, as well, but quickly hid behind the seats and watched her from the dark.

 

SoHyeon only had one more arrow left, but lowered her arms as soon as she heard some soft breathing from somewhere in the arena. Although it'd be difficult for an average to do so, it's a piece of cake for everyone in SM.

 

She quickly shot an arrow in the direction of the soft breathing, letting it hit the wall behind the perpetrator.

 

"Hey, I know you're there. Whoever you are.." She muttered and turned around trying to see if anyone else could be hiding, as well.

 

As Changmin took the chance to look at her for a bit, his eyes widened as soon as he saw the faded red scars all over SoHyeon's back (at least the parts that weren't covered by her tank top.).

 

That girl from before must've been awful for her...

 

After a while, they both went on their ways to go back to their dorms (even though it was super late) and went on with their night.

 

However things were already chaotic around the company by the next morning…

SoHyeon’s POV.

I suddenly woke up to the sound of some loud ringing by my head, then as I blinked a few times, I realized that it was my ringtone. Who could be calling me right before class?

“SoHyeon-ah? Are you there?!” Seohyun? Did something happen?

“Y-yeah, why?”

“W-well..e-everyone k-kinda k-knows about..” I heard her voice trembling, but I just decided to let it go.

“I know, it was all over the internet. Nothing new.” Although I acted like it was nothing, it was a really heavy burden. “Listen, I have to go, I have class soon and JiHae’s calling me.”

I hung up, before she could answer and went to the kitchen where the girls where. “Morning!” Lizzy called cheerily, like always. Then they all gave me a really tight group hug. "Where were you last night?! You didn't pick up your phone! Everyone is worried about you!"

 

I wasn't really sure on how to feel right now, since the HARUKAxHARUNA thing is probably being blown up all over the news now. Great.

 

"I-i'm fine." I chuckled lightly. But they still had the same worried look on their faces. "Shouldn't we go to the dress rehearsal for the Japanese showcase now? J-Hwa is back now, right?"

 

"Uh yeah, but she said for us to go to cl--" Lizzy tried to mention, but I cut her off, too.

 

"Nah, we can go to class ne--"

 

"SOHYEON!" JiHae shouted abruptly. "Look, I know that you must be really scared and are probably terrified, but just so you know, we're just as scared as you are. You aren't alone. We're not going to torment you for anything. Ever. We're all practically a family now. But we're becoming idols now. And more importantly spies. No matter how we feel about anything, we're going to have to live up to it and face our fears. It's going to be hard, but eventually it'll become easier. ALRIGHT?!"

 

I still looked down for a little bit, but after a few minutes, I looked at her in the eye and simply asked, “And would you all be there if bad things happen?”

“Of course! Why would we leave you alone?! That’s so stupid!” Ahreum snapped. I know she means well.

They all helped me up and let me go change into my uniform for school, then we all got out of our dorm to go all the way across to the bottom of the building.

 

After we got into class, people were already surrounding my desk. People were already talking about or to me and I knew that this wasn't going to end well.

 

"YOU were Haruna from HARUKAxHARUNA?! Ohmigosh, I only liked Japanese music because of you!" "Ah, it was such a disappointment that she was a . Don't worry, I'll totally make up a rumor about her for you!"

 

Some of the comments weren't even worth responding to, but it was really hard to ignore.

 

"She looks so different! Maybe it's because she got plastic surgery.." "We all know why she's here anyways!"

 

I nearly got out my knife out of my bag to stab into the wall (or someone), but BoA came in, only standing at the door.

 

"Quiet down, everyone. Don't talk about something that doesn't involve you. A thousand extra pages on the report tonight for everyone! Oh, JiHae, your group is excused, J-Hwa wants you all at the dorm to pack for Japan." She coolly instructed. I have to thank her later for this.

 

When we got back, it was flooded with paparazzi out front, so we had to go by the side exit door and get in like that.

 

"So," A familiar voice said from the kitchen. "Are you guys ready to become superstars, too?"

 

The woman turned around and J-Hwa was back.

 

For real.


//AUTHORS NOTE//

Okay, well I'm sorry that it's not a very exciting chapter, but we're getting reeeallll close to SCANDAL's (fictional lolol) debut :'3 I'll try to update more frequently, even though school kinda just started a few weeks ago. Leave a comment on what you think below! Thanks for reading and see you next chapter XDDD

--Haruka-Harukaze75