-10-

Seventeen Little Secrets

SoHyeon's POV

It was too early in the morning. Ugh, I shouldn't even be doing this. But I forced myself anyway to wake up, do the usual morning crap, and walk all the way to TVXQ's dorm room. Yawn.

I tried knocking on the door, picking the lock, or even just banging my head on the door (never do that in the early morning..actually anytime, really.). 

Then when I kicked the door for the last time, the door popped open, I came in and...

"Surprise, princess~" A familiar voice whispered sweetly in my ear and their arms hugged me around my waist.

"Y-YeJun.." I growled. If only I had a knife with me or something. 

"So how've you been doing? Missed meee?~" 

"HAHAHAHA No. I just came here to get my stuff back."

"Oh, right. From the time you almost had it with him?" 

I dropped my mouth in surprise. "It was not it! I just fell asleep and he just...YOU KNOW WHAT! This is none of your business!" I pointed at him as a warning, let myself go, and opened the door to Changmin's room. I should be out of here within 2 minutes. Get my things and leave. Simple as that. 

As soon as I shoved my things in my bag, I exited out of the door. Everything had gone pretty fast. Crap.

My hands and feet were tied to a chair and my shoulders were freaking cold. I was in my PJs..tank top and shorts. Not a good idea in the morning when you're breaking into someone's dorm..

"Aw, you're so cute. Trying to break into here and then leave quickly." YeJun put his face closer to mine, then I scooted back, trying to avoid any contact with him. "Perform Troublemaker with me and then you have to go out with me~"

"You idiot. Why would I agree with that?" 

"Because..I have every recording and pictures of you falling asleep in Changmin's bed and then nobody would pay attention to you!" He smirked. "Is that what you want?" Then he coughed to the side.

"Ew, cover your mouth!" I cringed. "And no. No way in hell. I don't like you! You're a freaking player!"

"Then be my girlfriend. For a month." 

"Still too long."

"You want it to be forever?"

"JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed. "You have no reason to keep me here! I want to go back. Now. I'm not agreeing you to anything. You're..stupid." I cut through the ropes with a razor I had in my pocket earlier. I stood up, as Yunho opened the door from his room.

"Did you do something again, YeJun?" Yunho hissed.

"N-no. I was just, um, asking her out?" YeJun replied, stupidly.

I rolled my eyes. "More like a forced proposal.."

"One more time and you're going back to Japan.." Yunho pulled him outside, then he faced me. "Sorry for..his actions. I'll try harder to..restrain him." He rubbed his eyes and took YeJun to do some counseling. Guess Yunho ALSO thinks he's psycho.

An hour later, I dropped by to class and sat with the rest of the girls. 

"Where were ya?" Yewon whispered. 

"Yeah! You, like, disappeared." Lizzy said disappointedly. Guess she had something to tell or show me this morning?

Meanwhile, JiHae was asleep behind a book. After all, Culture & Assimilation was pretty boring all the time.

"YeJun tied me to a chair, tried to force me to become his girlfriend and perform Trouble Maker with him, and then Yunho took him outside to the counseling services or whatever.." I put my head in my hands. This is getting worse as it gets.

And why is he so...lame?! Is this how he tries to pick up on girls?! Yet he has a freaking fanclub?! (Yes, it's true. They're everywhere inside of SM.)


After C&A was over, we told JiHae everything. "What?! AGAIN!? Damn, I wish he would do that to me!" 

I lifted up my wrists to show her what she'd have if she was me. "You want rope burns?!" 

"Eh, uh, no thanks." JiHae shuddered. 

"Anyway, um, guys, I'm gonna go rehearse.." I said.

"Why?" Yewon frowned. "We just had rehearsal yesterday." She drank some juice and started on her CoveOps reports. 

"Uh, erm.." I glanced around trying to think of some excuse. "Relieve some stress! BYEEEE!" I ran out the door with my electric guitar and ran up and down some stairs and went in some elevators. 

I didn't tell the girls about my recording sessions as J-Hwa was helping to produce the single, as well.

AND BAM! I'm in the recording studio. Some were taken, some were just..empty. 

"Hey!" J-Hwa smiles happily. " You made it!" 

"Yea! F-fighting!" I slightly pumped my fist up in the air, you know, 'cuz you do that when you say that?

"So, we're gonna start recording the instrumental for a bit, first with you playing the guitar, and then some editing, alright?"

"Yep!" I nodded and agreed. No use to fighting with the manager/sunbae, right? 

I observed the sheet music for a bit, then I put the strap of the electric guitar over my head, started slowly, then I played along naturally. 

20 minutes were sooooooo long to record the instrumental. Damn. 

"Okay!" J-Hwa claps. "Now it's time for the singing." She grins.

I've always been a bit insecure about my vocals since...nevermind. 


"Salmi himdeu-reodo.." My voice was shaking, as I struggled to bring out the notes.  "Kkeut-kkaji po-gi mara haneu-ri ne kyeo-seul jikyeojul keoya" 

(Translation of the line: 

Even if life is hard, don’t quit until the end
The sky will protect your side)

"CUT! SoHyeon." J-Hwa spoke into the mic. "Don't try to just bring it out of your vocal cords. I know the notes are a bit difficult for now, but FEEL the lyrics' message..arasseo?"

I nodded. I tried again, making the first verse. 


"Salmi himdeu-reodo kkeut-kkaji po-gi mara haneu-ri ne kyeo-seul jikyeojul keoya
Neoye bal-keo-reumi himkyeowo sori naeyeo jujeo-wanja hansum jiyeo bojiman
Hanbeon deo! One more try

(Even if life is hard, don’t quit until the end
The sky will protect your side
Your footsteps are heavy, make some noise
You sink down and let out a sigh
 But one more time, one more try)" 

Then there were some pauses along the way. 

"Dangdang-ha-ge haneu-reul bwah ije shijagil ppuniya eokkae-l pyeo
Ne ane gateun ni-ga isseo himdeu-reodo po-gi mara neoye mirae
I-reona soneul jaba sesangeul kajyeo

Shi-gani heureumyeon -ggotipi tteo-reoji-deushi kureumeun bireul yakso-khae
Momburim chyeobwahdo haneulye ma-eumdaero tallajil su isseo donrsquo;t worry never mind
Keuna-reul gidaryeo


Dangdang-ha-ge haneu-reul bwah ije shijagil ppuniya eokkae-l pyeo
Ne ane gateun ni-ga isseo himdeu-reodo po-gi mara tashi hanbeon
I-reona soneul jaba tashi i-reona"

I belt out the notes with the loudest (and smoothest that I've ever done.) It wasn't too hard, right?

Since this part of the instrumental part wasn't recorded, I strummed out the notes on the electric guitar as I was singing.

Damn this multi-tasking stuff was hard..but I barely noticed the people around me, as I did this.

"I-reona ko-gael deu-reo oh oh wo-o
Jebal heunteu-lli-ji mara ije shijagil ppuniya eokkae-l pyeo
Ne ane gateun ni-ga isseo himdeu-reodo po-gi mara tashi hanbeon
I-reona soneul jaba tashi i-reona yeah yeah

Jikyeobwah neukkyeobwah seoro dareuda haedo my friend
Honja-ga aniya tashi i-reona"

(Translations here: http://www.kpoplyrics.net/j-min-stand-up-lyrics-english-romanized.html)

After they stopped, I stood there, breathing. 

So much work..

"You can do it, SoHyeon." J-Hwa spoke into the microphone once again, and this time, she gave me a thumbs-up. 



Changmin's POV
 

"Sigh... Why do I have to do this? Why can't Jae?" I complained.

"Why did you have to bring me along?" YeJun glared at me.

"YunHo assigned you to help me, I'm just going with what he says." I rolled my eyes and he scoffed. "You missed a spot." I pointed.

YeJun groans loudly as he scrubs the bath tub.

"Ehehehe." I [Evilly] chuckled.

"Wait.Why are you doing this again?" YeJun stared at me.

"Pssshh... No reason." Because I "slept" with SoHyeon, apparently.

YeJun shook his head while rolling his eyes to turn away and finish his job.

"ChangMin." YunHo called for me.

Looks like he got back.

"ChangMin," He opened the door to check on us. "Have you seen ChungHwa"

"No, why?" 

"Yeah, he was suppose to arrive today to meet SooMan but I don't know if he's around or if he's late."

"Urm.. I'm pretty sure he's here. Ask Jae."

YeJun stared at us. "Who's ChungHwa?"

"He's my step brother." I turned to look at him.

"J-Hwa's blood brother." YunHo continued my explaination.

"Well." I stood up and stretched. "I'm done. I'll go look for ChungHwa."

"Why don't you just call him?" YeJun suggested.

"I don't have his number. I don't like him." I walked out the door.

"Well. I'm done too." YeJun stood up.

"No, you're not." YunHo glared at him, making YeJun lean back down to scrub.

 

No one's pov.

"Ok, SoHyeon." J-Hwa said into the pic. "We'll take a break from here and continue later. Drink some water."

"Neh." SoHyeon nodded and places the guitar on the guitar stand.

*Ding* J-Hwa's phone got a text.

"Wae?" She checked her phone.

"What? What happened?" SoHyeon sat next to her.

"Ahh. He's here already."

"What? Who's here?"

J-Hwa chuckled. "You'll see him soon." She stood up and walked to the door. "I'll be back in a few. Stay here." 

"Ok." SoHyeon nodded.

 

 

Jae's texts

I'm in SM! It's so large!

I know huh? You'll get used to it...
Depending on how long you're staying here.

Not too long, I have other work to do D:

Hehehe I'll meet you in dorm *****

Ok ^^ See ya there sis!

 

J-Hwa chuckles as she texts him and runs to her dorm. J-Hwa pulls out her phone to call SooYoung.

= SooYoung, tell the girls that ChungHwa's here. =

- OK ^^ -
 

When J-Hwa got back to her dorm, ChungHwa was standing outside the room.

"Yah! Oppa!" J-Hwa giggled.

"Hey! How's my little sister?" He hugged J-Hwa.

"I'm good" She smiled. "Let's discuss about today's photoshoot."

 

 

*Guitar strums*

SooHyeon looked at the clock. Where is she?

"I wonder how the girls are doing." SoHyeon pulled out her phone and texted them. But no reply.

"Bwoh?! I'm being ignored?!" SoHyeon sighed and started practicing her lines in the song. 

"Dangdang-ha-ge haneu-reul bwah--" .... More power..
"
Dangdang-ha-ge haneu-reul bwah" ... Wait...
"
Dangdang-ha-ge haneu...reul...bwah! Yes! I got it! I gotta call J-Hwa!" 

SoHyeon placed the guitar down and called J-Hwa.
"Wae? She won't pick up.. I'll just text it to her."

JHwa! I did it! I got the notes! Be sure to come back to record this!

"Yes! I'm close to finishing."