--17--

Seventeen Little Secrets

 

SoHyeon's POV.

"SoHyeon, are you awake?" 

As I woke up, a bright light blinded my eyes and I tried to wave it away. "Hnn...?"

"Ohmygosh, she's awake!" I hear Yewon's voice this time. Was she always this high-pitched?

"We're glad you're okay!" I hear the other girls, as I wake up clearly. I was on one of those slim cots they had at my old high school. 

"Girls, she and I need to talk." J-Hwa sharply says, while sighing. She is the manager after all, and if something goes wrong, it's all up to her. 

"But we--"

"Out!" I hear the door slam slightly and J-Hwa sits beside the cot and looks at me sympathetically. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" She raises her eyebrows at me. I hear idols faint all the time, what's the worry! 

"Yeah! I mean, practicing is hard and--"

"We haven't practiced choreography in a while, SoHyeon. I know that you're hiding something. As a friend and your manager, I can't let this slide by. There are already enough rumors about SM abusing their idols!" She's shocked by her tone, so she softens and continues. "Just tell me what's going on. We can't let this get in the way of work, you know."

"I wanted to be more perfect fo--" 

"Why?"

"For..I don't know. Some girls in class told me he'd like it if I was more thinner and perfect and all.." My eyes lower to the floor, as the regret sinks into my mind. 

"Oh lord, SoHyeon. It's all about Changmin isn't it. How long has this been going on?" 

"No! It's not! Uh, for...almost two months, secretly? I've been..getting up really early to do my own dance practices and eat..less." 

J-Hwa wanted to say no more. She told me that if I really wanted to diet and look better, all I had to do was ask her. Eating less and having two hours of sleep only was not the way to success, if I wanted to do work. 

"Oh, by the way. We're going to have another member. She's going to be the main actress for the Day By Day and Poison, drama versions, MVs. Her name is Kim Ahreum.  She'll join when it's the time for the debut for you all. Are you okay with that?" 

"S-sure.." 

"I'll let you see the other girls. We'll release the Stand Up MV and single, but we'll skip the live performances for the rest of the solo singles. Okay?" She left before I replied and the girls came in.

"SoHyeon-ahhhh!" They all hugged me tight, while I just sat there, struggling to have some air.

"We told you we couldn't keep the secret any longer...she found the camera, where you made your dance covers. She really liked the 'Heartbreaker' and the 'Mirotic' dance covers though! She's uploading them right now." They tried to sound cheery, but I could tell that they weren't feeling so good about what happened. "Oh by the way, we're having a new member, Ahreum. She's coming tomorrow, I think. Aren't you excited?"

I tried to sound shocked. I mean, I did those covers at like 3 AM! 

"Here's her picture, since she couldn't have a real teaser picture like us."

They both put a magazine on my lap, flipped to a page to some girl.

"She used to be a model!"



"Kim Ahreum, huh? Let's see how good she is.." I mutter to myself.

"Huh? What'd ya say?" Lizzy spoke up for the first time. 

I notice that Yewon's and Lizzy's hair is blonde this time. J-Hwa's decision to do that, maybe?

"Nothing. It's nothing." I shake my head and hand the magazine back to them.

We were trying to think for no reason, since we had nothing to say, until someone opened the door.

"Can I come in and talk to her for a bit?"

oh . 

It was Changmin.

 

ChangMin's POV.

"Can I come in and talk to her for a bit?" I asked the girls.

"Sure." JiHae approved. Everyone had to go along with it, since she's the leader of the group.

As they left the room, I sat by SoHyeon.

"SoHyeon. . ." I sighed. "Did you really believe those girls? About what I like in a girl? My ideal?"

SoHyeon was nervous. You could tell when she slowly nodded. Looking down.

"Why?"

"B-because. . ." She couldn't speak up.

". . ." I can't force her to speak. "It's ok. You don't have to tell me."

The room was silent.

 

"So. . ." SoHyeon spoke up. "When did you get here?"

"When? I brought you here."

"Waeyo?" Her eyes widened as she slightly blushed.

"JaeHwa called me as soon as you fell to the ground. I was at the building next door."

"N-next door?!"

"Yeah, SooMan didn't like how we had to travel to different places, so he bought those 2 building 6 years ago."

"Is that so. . ." She tightly gripped her hands.

Is it possible that she ...

 

::Two Hours Ago::

Now to find my way out . . .

"Yo, ChangMin!" 

I turned around. It's DongHae!

"Hey, DongHae." I slightly waved.

"What's up?"

"Trying to get out."

"Ahh.. Fangirls?"

"You know it." I shrugged.

"Ehh, don't worry. Hyung is here." He pointed at himself.

"Waeyo? What are you gonna--"

"Hey! Ladies!" He slammed the door open. "Fishy oppa is riiight here!" Then he took the run for it.

I took a small peek at the door and the girls were gone. I guess they were chasing him. I'll repay him later, gotta see SoHyeon.

 

 

"ChangMin!" J-Hwa notices me at the door.

I saw SoHyeon's head resting on Jae's lap.
I ran towards them.

"Is she ok?!"

"Yes. She should be fine. The doctor just left, but she needs to rest at the hospital."

Without knowing, I grabbed SoHyeon and placed her on my back. "Call everyone, tell them to reschedule this filming."

J-Hwa nods and starts calling some people as she followed me out of the building.

"ChangMin, the nearest hospital, it's--"

"I know."

"Let's just wait for a car."

"The car won't show up on time. By the time it gets here, we'd be at the hospital already if we had went on foot."

". . . Arasso. We'll do it your way. But we better hurry."

"Have I ever been wrong?"

"Yes." She rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

ChangMin Fact:

He once said:

"It's not embarrassing to eat.
It's embarrassing not to eat."