--24--

Seventeen Little Secrets

SoHyeon's POV.

"What is the meaning of this?!" SooMan slammed the letter on his desk. Causing SoHyeon, JHwa, and ChangMin to jump in shock. "This letter.. WAS SENT TO ME. BY JYP!"

JHwa stepped up, "Ahh.. Soo--"

"Enough!" He snapped. "You 3 are on training duty! Now leave!" 

"But we have--"

"I said LEAVE!"

"But--"

"LEAVE! Girls!" He called out. HyoYeon and SooYoung stepped into the room. "Get them out of my sight.."

ChangMin and SoHyeon was lead out by HyoYeon, while SooYoung was trying to talk to JHwa. 
"Please, Jae.. Just do what he says. It's obvious he's not in a good mood." SooYoung grabbed JHwa's arm but was immediately shook off by JHwa as she leaves the room.

After we leave, I rush out to meet the other girls for the dance practice. Apparently, the showcases are coming soon and we have no time to waste..especially with J-Hwa on a sick leave..

"Hey!" I hear a voice call out behind me. "Where are you going? Want to go somewhere?" 

I turn to see that it was Changmin.

Oh god, why does he always have to be so good-looking..?!?!

"H-hey!" I open my mouth awkwardly to speak, as I get my golden brown hair out of the way. I listen to him, as he offers me a nice day with him, but... "Sorry, I, um, the girls need me right now and the showcase...I'll hang out with you at your dorm and cook ramyun next time, okay?~"

I look away to avoid whatever look he has on his face, but it's just..for the best!

"Ah, I see~ Fighting!" He encourages me, as he pats my head.

I nod quickly, then run to the practice room.

The girls are right infront of the door, as they look at me.

"Oooooh, what happenneed?" They said in unison, grinning evilly. Even Ahreum.

"Uhm, nothing! Let's just practice a bit..pleaseeee!" SoHyeon begged.

They nodded as we danced to several musical instrumentals and some of our future upcoming songs that are said to be released later on. 
The girls and I worked our freaking butts off for this practice. Since I was gone for a few days, I missed out on ALOT of practice.

JHwa walked in with her paperwork and as usual, coffee. 

"Hey, JHwa.." I walked up to her. "You doin ok?"

She nods at me, not saying a word nor looking at me. 

"You sure?" I asked. "You're not acting like yourself ever since you left SooMan's office this morning."

"I'm fine," she said. "I'm just tired.."

"Alrighty then." I shrugged and went bak to practice. 

"What's up with JHwa?" Lizzy whispered to me. 

"How should I know? I can't read minds."

"But you can read faces, can't you? You have the really good grades in emotion readings." She gently elbowed me.

That's only for knowing if a person is lying." Speaking of emotion readings, JHwa was lying about being fine..

"Hmm.. Think we should ask ChungHwa?" She suggested.

"ChungHwa?" I raised my eyebrow. "Why ChungHwa?"

Lizzy smirked at me. "Let's just say that.. While you were resting, JiHae, here, had been hanging out with ChungHwa more often."

"Ah," I nodded, slowly. "J-Hwa, any plans for us so far?" I turned to her.

J-Hwa blinked. "Um, well you guys need to work with HyoYeon, Yuri, EunHyuk and DongHae for the dance segments for the showcase in Seoul and..I think SoHyeon's got a couple of songs under her wing for the Japanese showcase." For the first time today, I actually saw a slight smile form on her lips.
"Also, since you had missed the filming 2 weeks ago, we'll have to complete that, then it's off to recording teasers."

"Yes! Teasers!" Lizzy jumped in joy. "I've always wanted to make teasers! Teasing fans are fun." She laughed. 

"How long do you think it will take?" JiHae asked. 

"About 11 days. But if we work fast, we'll be done in no time." JHwa's phone rang. "Ah. I need to take this call. If you will excuse me." She stood up and left.

I wonder who called her..

"SoHyeon!" Lizzy tackled me. "Are you excited? We're going to film teasers!"

"Ack! Y-yes, Lizzy." I struggled. "Why are you so ack- happy about teasers?"

"Sorry," She climbed off of me. "It's because that not only will you tease people, but there were rumors."

"Rumor?" Yewon repeated. "What rumors can there be?"

Lizzy sat on the couch and pulled out her tablet. "It says here, that when a group starts filming their first teasers in front of the person they like, they are bound to be together forever!"

"PFFT." I tried not to laugh. "I'm sorry, but that sounds kinda hard to believe."

"Who started the rumor?" JiHae asked.

Lizzy shrugged. "I don't know. It says anonymous. And I can't track him down either, if that's what you're trying to say. I've already tried." 

"What a load of balony. You were getting excited all for a rumor." I sighed.

"You guys may be right." Lizzy placed the tablet on the table. "But if it's true, who would you want to watch you film?"

I started to think about her question and suddendly my face flushed pink when ChangMin's picture came to my mind. 

"Ooh~" Yewon cooed. "SoHyeon's thinking about him~" She teased.

"Oh shut up." I lightly tossed a throw pillow are her. "I just want to work on the showcase and debut and we'll finally be stars! Unlike Lizzy here, who's superstitious." I rolled my eyes. "We're already done recording for the first album anyways, right?"

"Totally," JiHae nodded. "But anyway, what do you girls think about J-Hwa these days? After that total JYP Entertainment fiasco, Lee Soo Man and everyone else in SM has been crazy. SoHyeon, what do you think?" 

"Well she definitely can't tell." Ahreum shrugged. "I mean, even my friends won't even talk to me these days.." She gave a friendly glance at me. "Sorry, but apparently they still hate you."

"No offence taken." I shrugged, as I checked my phone. 300 texts and calls unanswered. Great. 
While I was checking on my voicemails and texts, JHwa re-enters the room and suddendly collects all of her things. "Bad news girls, I'm going on another mission." 

"What?" Ahreum exclaimed. "Another one?"

"Yeah." She sighed.

"How long will you be gone?" I asked.

"Eh.. I don't know. About a week."

"A week?" Yewon said. "Then what about preparing?"

"BoA will handle it. If not, LeeTeuk will."

The girls and I looked at each other worriedly. J-Hwa has been out and about lately, and to be honest, she seemed upset. Even though it's been three months since we came and her second official comeback, J-Hwa has only had 2 Japanese singles, 1 mini album and 2 studio albums. She's debuted about a couple of years ago, but never really had a lot of chances in the spotlight.

SM Entertainment doesn't promote her well these days, like J-Min, The Grace, and TRAX. I wonder how they feel..?

"But don't worry," J-Hwa reassured us. "I called LeeTeuk to come, since BoA's probably busy with her classes and her Hurricane Venus promotions, to help manage you guys. I'll be back no later than a week." Then she looked at me for a moment and smiled. "And don't worry, SoHyeon, it's not a dangerous mission like last time. I just need to get something for Soo Man and I'll be back for the showcases. I left the plans inside JiHae's laptop. If you need any help, call LeeTeuk, BoA or Changmin. Do NOT call Soo Man! He's dealing enough with JYP already.."

After she left, we cleaned up the practice room and ran back to the dorm. 

When we got back, we practically tore the room upside down. What is so important in JiHae's laptop that J-Hwa put inside and hid it?! Some secret jackpot code?! Huh?!

After a few hours, Lizzy screamed, "I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT!"

The girls and I came scrambling to where Lizzy was and huddled around her and the laptop. 

"Now let's see...." 

We opened up the laptop to see...

"An allkpop article?!" Ahreum and I shrieked in disbelief. As much as Yewon and I checked that thing everyday, even Soompi was more reliable, and allkpop had tons of trash on it. No joke.

"We can't even read English.." JiHae and Lizzy sighed in dismay. 

"Wait, hold on, just look." Yewon calmed us down and pointed at the article title. 

photo _0_zps3cd401e7.png


"Wowwwwww," I boast, after Yewon translates it to Lizzy and JiHae. "No wonder everyone's been making us prepare so much with little sleep! What can we doooo~!"

"Aish! No time to slack off, girls! But wait..how'd they know we'd be making a two part album? Releasing the first part on one week..and releasing the other a month later..?" JiHae wondered.

"Probably those stupid sasaeng fans JYP hired to come after us. After all, JYP hires ALL of the sasaeng fans of all of the groups and soloists in SM." Yewon shrugged. 

"True..do you think I should ask Changmin for some guidance on singing and dancing? Plus, some help in Japanese? I feel a bit weak on my abilities these days.." I look down.

"No! Besides we're supposed to work with Hyoyeon, Donghae and Eunhyuk for our dances now. You have the best voice out of all of us, you're the most flexible and the most FLUENT in Japanese! What more could you ask for?!" Ahreum whined.

"Girls, let's not bother SoHyeon.." JiHae chuckled.

"Thank you.." I sighed.

"After all, we can't stop her from making lovey-dovey moments with Changmin! YOU KNOW ITT!" JiHae continues excitingly, while the other girls continue to tease me.

"You guys are so immature." I laugh and roll my eyes. "But seriously, I've been speaking but nothing in Korean for the last three or four months, I at least need a little help."

"Sure~ You'll miss out on some fun though." Yewon shrugged, while we walked down the hallway. "So, see you at 8-ish, so we all can have dinner like always?" 

"Sounds good." JiHae nods approvingly.

"Don't do anything bad, okayyy?!?!!" Ahreum calls out to me, then Lizzy covers .

"Promisee!!" I say, before I get to TVXQ's dorm. 

I haven't been here in a while..what if he already gotten tired of me?! Just as long as nobody sees my TVXQ stuff-filled closet, I'm alright.. 

I slowly knock on the door. 

Then I finally see Changmin!

As I was about to say hi, nothing came out of my mouth, as we stared at each other surprisingly.

Well, one reason...
He's shirtless...
Damnit.


ChangMin's POV.

I got a bit worried about Jae ever since that encounter with SooMan, so I went to SM's cafeteria to think. I sat on my usual seat and ate my usual order: 2 burgers, 3 large fries, a large drink, and a slice of pie. Eating clears up my head, that's why I always eat; of course then I would work out to the fullest the next morning. 

The sun was shining and it got hot from where I was sitting. So I finished my meal and went back to my dorm for a nice bath. I sighed. "Ottokae..."

A few minutes after I finished my bath, I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked into my room to gather my clothes. I door knob was shaking and I thought it was YunHo, so I didn't do anything. But I was completely wrong.

"..." SoHyeon stared at me without saying a word.

I quickly pulled her in and closed the door to prvent any commotion but without thinking, I'm pushed against her on the door. I could feel her cheeks burning on my chest, so I backed away. "S-SORRY!" I rubbed the nape of my neck.

"N-nothing.. Nothing happened." She stuttered.

"R-right." I went back to what I was doing and changed in the other room.

When I walked out, SoHyeon was sitting on the couch. It can to my mind on how she could've gotten into my dorm, so I asked her. "How did you manage to open the door? It's a high-tech computer locking system and no body can get in. Even the creator can't get in."

SoHyeon looked at me and pulled out a pink key in the shape of a heart with YeJun's picture on it. "YeJun insisted that if I ever wanted to see him, I can use this."

My head tilted. "So were you..."

SoHyeon's eye's widened and she stood up. "I-I WASN'T HERE TO SEE HIM! I WOULD NEVER! I HATE HIM! DON'T THINK LIKE THAT!" She spazzed.

I chuckled at her foolishness. "Haha, I was just kidding."

"You.. You better be!" She flushed pink. "And.. I'm sorry for coming in on the wrong time." She looked down on her feet.

"Ehh.. EHH??" I almost jumped. "It's ok! Alot of people had seen me topless! Right?"

"R-right! But you had a towel and you were we-- I don't want to talk about it!" She hid her face and jumped on the couch.

"Ahh.." My face was nearly red. That was the most embarrassing thing I've ever done...

Ack! She should've called me first! Though, little surprise visits ARE nice from her...

 

"Oh! What's on this?" SoHyeon almost went over to my laptop, that had the MV for Yrwon's and her subunit's debut MV, WHICH SHE SHOULD NOT SEE ME SEEING THAT!

 

I then quickly snatched it away, putting it in my room, then I put on a shirt and some shorts, then I return back to the kitchen, changing the subject. "So, uh, what was it that you came here for?", I say awkwardly.

"Right! Uh, I came over 'c-cause I wanted some help on my singing voice and u-uh some of my Japanese...I'm fluent, or at least I should be, but I haven't spoken it in a while, so I may have forgotten..some..things.." Her eyes kept avoiding me, as they looked left and right. SoHyeon must've been worried, since JHwa had been pretty moody lately..mustve been because of the JYP incident..

 

"Oh, I see," I smile lightly, which probably cause SoHyeon to have a sudden fever, turning her bright red, orr.... "Should we talk in Japanese then? It'll help." Aftr I said that, she nodded quickly. wow, she pays a lott of attention.

 

""So, anyway, C-changmin-kun, the showcases are coming up and JHwa e-mailed me some scripts earlier for it, but I feel uncomfortable saying them..would you like to help me?" She looked at me with a hopeful look. other than that, well...she was good..really fluent. i don't see why she needed to come here for help in the first place! She's already fluent! 


“Anyway, so, shall we go to the recording rooms then? That’s better for singing than here.” I calmly suggested, but apparently that made her seem to make her less outgoing!
What am I doing wrong?

After a while, she slid a piece of paper to me and said, “This..is er, our, title song. But..don’t tell J-Hwa! She didn’t want the other members or I sharing it with anybody! But...” Her shoulders slumped a little. “She’ll probably find out either way... there aren’t any secrets in SM.” SoHyeon muttered.

I got her to cheer up after a while pulling her to the recording rooms so I could help her with whatever she struggled on. Well, it was also awkward, because other girls were staring and I think we saw the other members on the way..

“So,” SoHyeon spoke again happily, making me come back to reality. “Shall we start with scales? Or... Do you have a song do you want me to sing that you have in mind? Either choice is fine.” She chuckled with modesty.

“U-uhmm..” I stuttered, as I thought of something to do. I didn’t want to do something TOOOO simple...or TOOOO difficult... “Ballroom dancing!”

“E-eh?!” SoHyeon’s face instantly turned red of the idea. Which made me feel the same way...WHY DID SHE HAVE TO BE SO CUTE?! “S-sure! J-Hwa’s never taught me how to do that anyways and u-uh I m-might do that on a show someday..er...let’s just get to it~!” She raised her fist slightly to her left cheek, as if she’d say, “fighting!”, but just smiled instead.


Soon, there was soft music playing in the room, due to SoHyeon's iPhone, and I held her close to me for the dance~


Though, she sometimes stepped on my feet..


"A-ah, I'm sorry!" SoHyeon blinked. "Should we start again?"


"Of course! Practice makes perfect~" I replied.


“Of course.” I grinned as we moved in harmony.