--31--

Seventeen Little Secrets

Chapter 31:
 

SoHyeon's POV.

 

The next morning, the girls and I were all up and at the mall by 6 AM. My legs still felt burning hot from all the dancing and tight costumes, but I knew that I would eventually get used to it. We set up in the center of the mall to get a ton of people to come and see us.

 

"So excited! We`re getting fans!" Lizzy says excitedly.

 

"Oh Lizzy, you've always had fans." JHwa laughed. "I`ll be at the store right there, so say peaches, if you guys are having trouble with a feisty fan! And remember! Japanese, not Korean. We're not home yet!"

 

We all said okay, as we sat in our seats. The CEO and staff of the mall let us in a few hours early to set up, but we already had, so we had decided to scale this place.

 

Operative's Report #456

 

This large mall has approximately about 7800 customers on a weekly basis. It also has 3 floors, but only two for the stores. The third one has nothing interesting, only boilers and other mechanical items. Apparently, one of the guy groups from our "rival company," 2PM, has pretty much struck gold here, since their posters are next to TVXQ's in every single music store in this mall (and maybe all of Japan). There are several pink, girly stores that sold a few (overpriced) sweaters and cute accessories in the form of jewelry and for various cell phones. Nothing out of the ordinary. Yet.

 

A few hours later, after we came back to our place for the event, a ton of people have already started to come up to us.

 

All of the fans pronounced our names really funny, but then I saw how they walked away with huge smiles and squeals, then they share their merchandise with their friends. Or fandommates, who knows.

 

But then I remember that used to be me.


 

A few hours later, swarms of the media came and half of the time, I only saw flashes. I was a bit tense beforehand, but luckily, before I answered any weird questions, Yewon handed me a small stack of Vocaloid Sample CDs* to give to them. It got even crazier, because a lot of the fans tried to get them, too!

 

When the event was over and the mall started to close, the other girls and I started to help clean up (which didn’t require a lot, just lots of carrying and moving stuff).
Then, one of the staff members’ phone rang and called us over. “It’s for you five.”

I said thank you in Japanese, then I took the phone and we all walked far away from them.

“Well that was weird..” Yewon muttered.

“Hey!” We then heard J-Hwa’s voice. “You guys are done, right? I have a task for you all from Lee SooMan, of course.”

“WHAT?!” Yewon screamed really loud. Some of the shoppers and staff looked at us strangely for a little bit, then moved on. “I mean..w-where are you?”

“On top of the mall.” She sounded like as if she did that everyday.

“UH...do you want us to come up there or something?”

We heard a familiar voice (a male?) and J-Hwa speaking in the background. Then a bit of laughing.

“Y-yes..but since this mall is very complex, you must follow my instructions that I’m about to give you.”

 

After a while, J-Hwa told the five of us to try to pinpoint their location using our cell phones, with the sonar, heat and infrared sensors installed.

Operatives Report #457

Most of our phones are dead and not of the latest models of our brand (ex. Apple), so we basically just left ourselves with guessing and checking. About three hours later, we found the two standing on the roof.

“OHMIGOD, CHANGMIN!” I found myself squealing and running towards him, hugging him really tightly. Until, J-Hwa pulled us apart. “A-ah, sorry, sorry sorry..”

 

Changmin's POV.
 

As I felt SoHyeon embrace me tightly with her arms, I soon did the same, taking in all of her.

 

Is this really happening?!?! Then I feel J-Hwa break us apart and I nearly just wanted to throttle her!!

 

"S..sunbaenim..uuuh..the fanmeet was so fun and huge! I can't believe it!" SoHyeon eye smiled towards me. "Please come to the next one!"

 

AGHH why is she so adorable??? Ahh but what if she's just being nice or saying that because she, too, is an idol?! Thats a classic idol line right there! And that smile!!!

 

"Next thing you know, you'll be inviting the entire company." Yewon nudged SoHyeon, which caused her to turn more red.

 

"No way, I was just--"
 

"ANYWAY AHEM" J-Hwa sternly said, while clearing . "Congrats for your first successful fanmeet! I didn't think the numbers would be so huge! Girls, come with me back to the company...anddd SoHyeon, go with Changmin, he has something for you."

 

She smirked at my way, while SoHyeon slowly walked over to my side, brushing some hair out of her face. She then looked over to her groupmates, who waved at her and mouthed her something that caused her to blush even more.

 

"U-uh so...I was supposed to be having dance practice with them but uh...this is cool too!!!" SoHyeon broke the silence.

 

"Not today!" I smirked, taking her hand, pulling her along with me as we ran down the stairs from the roof through the third floor, back into the interior of the mall.

 

As we stopped infront of a fancy store, we both panted a bit, before catching our breaths. I saw SoHyeon looking around, confusingly.

 

"Wait a minute..but I didn't bring any money!" SoHyeon cried, patting down on her pockets of her shorts.

 

Yes! A golden opportunity!!!

 

I quickly pulled out my credit card out of my jacket pocket and showed it to her.

 

"Maybe you don't, but I do." I said coolly, with a wink.

 

She had a dazed expression, which worried me a bit. Was I being just uncool?!?! Does that only work on hardcore Cassies?!?!??!

 

"I feel kinda bad but..lets go..!!!" She giggled, taking me by the arm, pulling me to our next destination in the mall.


I think I'm in heaven!