For The Better

Patrick's life with the SNSD

PJ's POV

I woke up next morning alone in the room. 

I fixed myself took a bath and put on my uniform before heading to the kitchen for breakfast but I stopped when I heard voices arguing again. 

"You know I care a lot about PJ, I love the kid as my own! But what's going to happen to us if we don't give her to them?"I heard Soo unnie's voice and I leaned my back on the wall of the hallway. 

I know it's wrong to eavesdrop but I need to know what's going on. Mom and umma still didn't tell me anything last night.

"You love her as your own? You're not going to give your own daughter to people who you know will harm her!"I heard mom argued back. She really wants me to stay now, but Sooyoung unnie and Hyoyeon unnie.

"You know what I mean Tiffany! We're not only putting ourselves in danger but we're putting people around us in danger too! They don't even know anything about this!"Soo unnie said.

"The company will be in total jeopardy and SM idols will be in big trouble."Sunny unnie said softly but I could still hear her.

"We can't let an innocent kid be in trouble."Umma said.

"But this isn't our fight. We had nothing to do with this."Hyoyeon unnie said.

"We're the ones they are using against ourselves! How can we not be involve?!"Mom said angrily.

Who are they?! What do they want from me honestly?!

"Taeyeon! Why are you not saying anything about this?!"Hyoyeon unnie said.

"I want to keep PJ safe but-"Dad started but someone cut her off.

"Appa! We can't give PJ to them!"Seohyun unnie argued. Did she just raised her voice?!

"I don't want to, but Seohyun, as the leader of our group it's my job to make sure that all my members are safe."Daddy said softly. 

Do I really have to go? 

"But PJ looks up to you! How can you just let her get in danger?!"Seo unnie yelled and everyone went silence even I was shocked. I didn't noticed the coming footsteps and was shocked to see Seo unnie looking down at me in worry.

"PJ?"She called out about to reach out for me.

"Ah, unnie. I'll just go to school."I said before hurriedly walking away from her.

"PJ wait!"She said grabbing my arm.

"Oh unnie, I'll be late, so I really have to go."I tried to reason.

"It's not even 6:30 yet. And manager oppa's not here yet."She said chuckling.

"Well, I can walk, it's not really that far."I said trying to get away.

"Pj, you-"She started but someone walked out of the kitchen.

"Oh, PJ."Hyoyeon unnie muttered and I bowed my head not able to look at her in worries that she might look at me the same way Soo unnie did.

"I was just about to go to school. I'll see you later."I said before bowing and quickly walking away from them and to mine and mom's room to get my bag. 

I hurriedly walked out of the room and I saw Sunny unnie in the living room.

"Hey, oppa's not here yet, where are you going?"She asked standing up.

"I'll just walk unnie. It's not really that far."I said giving her a smile.

"What? You can't walk to school."She said chuckling just like Seo unnie did.

"Waeyo?"I asked confused.

"Well, for one you hate sweating. Two, you will attract attention and three you haven't eaten breakfast yet."She said before pulling me towards the kitchen and we saw Soo unnie on our way there. 

"Hey."She greeted before walking away without another word.

"Be patient on your unnie, she's just a bit agitated."Sunny unnie said as she lead me to the kitchen.

"How am I supposed to apologized for something I don't know?"I asked lowly and she stopped pulling me.

"When you don't know what to apologize for, there's no reason for you to apologize."She said smiling at me before continuing to the kitchen.

"Alright people! I have a fugitive here trying to run away for breakfast and planning to walk to school!"She announced loudly with her hands clasped together making me giggle.

"Yah! What were you thinking?! Come here! Pali! Eat!"Umma ordered making me sit on the chair next to her.

"But I'm not hungry."I answered avoiding Hyo unnie's eyes.

"Yah! You can't go to school without eating!"Mom scold before lightly hitting my head.

"Yah!"Sunny unnie yelled hitting mom's head. 

"Arasso."I said before I started eating still avoiding Hyo unnie's eyes. "Oh! Umma, where's oppa?"I asked worriedly.

"She's at a friend's house. Don't worry, she's fine."She said patting my head.

"When is she coming back?"I asked.

"She said she'll come home later. She just needed to do something first. Don't worry okay, keep eaitng."She said.

"Appa?"I asked .

"At araboeji's, they need to talk."She said and I resumed eating when my phone suddenly vibrated.

"Miyeon? What does she want?"I asked no one in particular before answering my phone. "Hey."

"Where are you?"

"Home?"

"Don't talk to Hyesu unnie once you get to school!"

"Why not?"

"Just don't, I mean talk to her if she wants but don't ever be alone with her!"

"Again why?"

"I'll explain later! I have to go!"

"What was that all about?"I murmured.

"What's wrong?"Mom asked and Hyo unnie stood up and left the kitchen looking at her phone.

"I don't know, she just told me not to be alone with Hyesu unnie."I answered truthfully and I noticed they all stiffened.

"Why not?"Dad asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I don't know, she just told me she'll tell me later."I answered before resuming eating.

"Who's this Hyesu unnie?"Umma asked.

"She's a friend of mine, but since yesterday, Miyeon kept insisting that she's my cousin. I thought it was weird."I said chuckling at the thought.

"What made her say that?"Mom asked.

"She said she knew unnie's father."I answered nonchalantly.

"She knew her father?"

"Yeah, we met her last night. He's name is Ahn Dong Bin, you've probably heard of him, he's a pretty powerful man."I answered before taking a sip of my juice and standing up bringing my bag with me.

"J?"Umma called out when I'm about to leave.

"Umma?"

"Come here."She said and I walked towards her.

"Do what Miyeon said okay."She said cupping both my cheeks with her palms.

"Why?"I asked.

"No questions asked. Do as she said."Mom said sternly.

"Yes, mommy."I answered before walking again.

"I'll drive you to school."Dad said about to stand up.

"No, it's okay. I want to walk anyway."I said smiling at them.

"Are you sure?"Unnie asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine."I answered confidently.

"Fine, text us once you get there."Mom said before walking towards me and leaning down to kiss my head.

"Yes mom."I answered before continuing to walk out of the kitchen. 

While I was walking I overheard Soo unnie and Hyo unnie talking.

"They just don't get this! We'll loose PJ whether we give her or not. Once they show the world the video of you and Nicole kissing, mine and Sunny and the rest, court will never give us the rights over PJ."She said in a whispered yelled manner shocking me. 

Video?! No!

I quickly walked out of the dorm and hurried to school where I saw Miyeon getting off the limo.

"Rose!"I called and she looked at me and ran towards me.

"Hey, are you okay? You're out of breath."She said and I catch my breath first before speaking.

"We need to talk."I said before pulling her with me to the rooftop.

"What's wrong?"She asked worriedly.

"Who's Hyesu unnie?"I asked.

"I told you she's your cousin, and I'm certain now."She said seriously.

"How?"I asked.

"This morning, a man came to our house with some other men and I heard him talking to papa about you and saying something about the Koches."She said.

"Who?"I asked.

"Your family."

"My mother's family."I answered.

"Yeah, well, they're your only living relatives."She said. "He said uncle Jerry's here and he visited the school yesterday, and he mentioned something about Hyesu unnie."She said hastily.

"What did he say?"I asked.

"Something about wanting to take you. That's why I told you not to be alone with her."She said.

"Something's going on in the house."I confessed.

"What's wrong?"

"Someone's trying to take me for them and threatening them to do it."I answered worriedly.

"Who?"She asked.

"I don't know really."I said.

"Threatening them?"She asked.

"Yeah, they have a video of the girls kissing and stuff. And the will ruin their careers."I answered sadly. "I have to leave them."I answered honestly.

"Are you stupid?! They're going to hurt you! That's why the girls don't want you anywhere near them."She yelled at me.

"Not all of them."I said looking down.

"What?"

"The others think it's best to give me to them to avoid chaos."I said honestly.

"What?! Are they stupid?!"She yelled incredulously.

"I think their right."I said looking away. "They weren't even supposed to be involve with this."I said before walking away.

"Patrick."She called out but I ignored her and went to class and she came after a few minutes and I avoided looking at her but I could feel her eyes on me.

"You guys had a fight?"A worried voice asked from behind me.

"No, just a little misunderstanding."I lied.

"Hmm, she looks sad J."She said.

"Can we talk later unnie?"I asked turnign towards her.

"Of course, meet me later at the back of the school."She said smiling at me. 

"Hyesu, stop chatting with PJ, you'll get both of you in trouble."Eunhee unnie scolded and Hyesu unnie smiled back sheepishly before focusing back on the teacher in front. 

I hope I'm doing the right thing.

I thought to myself and I looked back at Miyeon to see her shaking her head, probably knowing what I'm trying to do,


This fic is the hardest to write .. but only a few seems to be reading it .. ut still to those who are still reading .. Gomawo~

Maki Out~