Grandma and Grandpa and the talk of ... DEATHBED and daddy?

Patrick's life with the SNSD

Yuri's POV

It's been 6 days now since Patrick was admitted in the hospital and the doctor said that she might be able to leave tomorrow or the day after tomorrow depending on her condition tonight. Today it's just me, Sica, Fany, Hyoyeon and Nicole since we're the ones who have the day off and Nicole too. We've been taking turns in staying with PJ although we all try to be able to drop by at least an hour a day if we have schedule except Taeyeon who's been pretty busy lately and only able to drop by at almost midnight's time when PJ is already sleeping and in the early morning when PJ is still sleeping. 

We're all just talking about random things while Patrick's still sleeping when we heard a knock on the door. I walk towards it and open it to meet two familiar faces.

"Come in umma and appa."I tell the elderlies in front of me with a bow before letting them inside the room.

"Mom! Dad!"I hear Sica's voice and turn around to see her hugging her parents. Oh you thought they're my parents. Nah, they're more like my in-laws.*smirk*

"Sooyeon."Umma says hugging Sica back.

"Hey mom and dad."Fany greets giving them hugs.

"Hey umma and appa."Hyo greets doing the same thing Fany did.

"Hello auntie and uncle."Nicole bows politely not being really close to them and only meeting them quite a few times.

"Hello girls. I missed you so much."Umma says clasping her hands together.

"I hope you girls are taking care of yourselves."Appa says giving us a warm smile.

"Of course dad."Sica says taking a sit on her former place on the chair beside PJ's bed.

"She looks so peaceful. How's she doing?"Appa asks looking down at PJ's sleeping figure.

"She's fine. The doctors said they just wanted to keep PJ in check for at least a week to make sure that everything is actually ok, and it's been six days now so hopefully she can leave tomorrow."Sica explains.

"That's good to hear. I can't wait till she wakes up and we can finally meet her properly."Umma says cheerfully.

"From the looks of it, the contents of this bag will help you get to PJ's side right away."Hyo says pulling out a pack of cookies from the said bag. Nosey Choding...

"Well, I assumed, any kid would love cookies right."Appa says chuckling.

"Patrick's not just any kid dad. She doesn't like cookies."Sica says with a serious face.

"What? Oh should we have brought something else then?"Umma asks worriedly.

"She vows down to them."I say chuckling.

"Oh thank God."Umma says sighing in relief.

"But you're not gonna be giving her them all the time."Sica says sternly. And she's supposed to be the daughter...

"Why not? You said Patrick loves them!"Mrs. Jung whines. And that one's supposed to be the mother. Sigh, Jung women are really something.

"We try to at least make Patrick have a healthy diet despite her hatred towards anything that is leafy."Tiffany says chuckling while shaking her head, amused.

"Ah she's a kid. Give her a break."Appa says shaking his head. Then there was another knock on the door and PJ's doctor comes in with 2 nurses behind him as usual.

"Good morning everyone. I'm just here for the morning round."Doctor Smith says. 

"Good morning doctor Smith. These are my parents, and mom, dad, this is doctor Smiths. PJ's doctor."Jessica says standing up walking away from the bed to give way to doctor Smith and the nurses.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Jung."He says shaking both hands of Sica's parents one after another.

"Likewise Doctor Smith."Appa says smiling.

"Seems like your little one is still sleeping huh? Well, this is unusual."The doctor says as he starts checking Patrick.

"Ah, about that, she was too stubborn last night about watching TV and wouldn't go to sleep so here's our result."Fany says chuckling remembering last night's events.

"A kid will always be a kid, but make sure that she gets enough rest okay?"He says as he injected some fluid in PJ's dextrose.

"Yes. Don't worry doc, we're doing our best to keep her in check."Sica counters.

"Very well then. She's in a good condition but make sure that she won't push it okay?"He says once his done checking PJ.

"Don't worry doc, we'll make sure of that."I reply politely before he takes his leave.

We just keep chatting about random things gradually filling up umma and appa about our hectic schedules in the process, till PJ finally decided that it's time to leave her dreamland.

"So noisy."She says sleepily trying to go back to sleep while burying her face on her pillow.

"Hey sweetie wake up. Some people want to meet you."Sica says caressing Pj's cheek ever so lightly.

"Can they wait umma?"She whines lazily.

"They have cookies."Hyoyeon says teasingly and that seems to do the trick.

"Really?"PJ asks her umma with eyes wide open and my beloved only nods in response.

"Yes. Now rise and shine."I say cheerfuly and PJ slowly sits up carefull with the wires connected to her body.

"Good morning."She greets as she runs a hand through her hair trying to at least make it look decent then she caught site of umma and appa, she ooks at them with wide innocent eyes tilting her head to the side making her look cuter if that's even possible.

"Baby. These are my parents and well they already know who you are."Sica says while giggling at PJ's expression.

"Hello PJ!"Umma greets PJ cheerfully.

"Hi."The kid replies timidly with a bow.

"Don't be shy okay? I'm your Sica umma's mom. So from now on I'll be your grandma but I want you to call me grandm okay?"Umma tells PJ smiling warmly towards the kid.

"Here take this. I heard you love them so much."Appa says giving PJ a pack of cookies.

"Thank you."PJ says shyly.

"Don't be shy baby."Sica says patting PJ's head.

"Yeah PJ. Don't be shy, we're your grandparents. I want you to call me grandpa now. Arasso?"Appa says sternly. I don't think that that will help appa.

"Aish you old man! You're going to scare her more."Umma scolds appa while brining down a slap on his arm. They will never change.

"What are you talking about? How is that scaring her?"Appa asks looking...bewildered? Well, he is a stern man.

They continue bickering till we hear someone giggling.

"PJ?"Sica calls the giggling kid's name amused.

"Bwoh?"PJ says still giggling a little.

"Are you okay?"Sica asks chuckling while stare confusedly at her first then her eyes light up.

"Oh yeah. They're just funny."She replies giggling again while pointing at umma and appa.

"Ah. Forgive us sweety, we just love each other that much."Appa says smiling proudly.

Then we just continued talking till umma and appa left after we all had lunch. 

Sooyoung and Yoona both came back together around 4 having their schedules done for the day. 

 


 

Hyoyeon's POV

"I've always felt bad for Hyoyeon unnie but I've been worrying for nothing."PJ says making me look at her along with the other people in the room confused.

"Why would you worry about Hyo unnie?"Yul asks PJ.

"When I see you guys always being lovey dovey and Hyo unnie alone I've always thought that..."Patrick trails off while shooting me a nervous glance. This kid's about to say something that will surely tick me off.

"Thought what baby?"Fany asks curiously.

"..."PJ mumbles something that none of us was able to comprehend.

"What? Speak louder J."Yoona says sitting down on the edge of PJ's bed.

"That she.. you know, might be the one to ... die alone in her death bed."The kid says glancing towards me then suddenly there's a deafening silence till Soo bursts out laughing and everybody else follow suit even Nicole who's holding onto me the entire time.

"What on earth are you talking about?!"I yell embarrassed as everyone keep laughing.

"You know, I thought of it that way too back then before you started hanging out with Nicole."Soo says clutching her stomach.

"Same here, I just never had the guts to say anything but i guess PJ's brave enough to tell you that up close."Yul says laughing.

"You little rascal! How dare you think that way about your unnie?"I say walking over PJ and keeping her in a playful headlock.

"Don't worry unnie. Now I know that you have Nicole unnie to take care of you forever."The kid innocently replies not knowing the effect of her words towards me and maybe even Nicole.

"Yes. I'll take care of your unnie forever."That familiar voice that never failed to put a smile on my face says while wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Promise?"PJ says raising her pinky towards Nicole after I let go of her.

"Promise."Nicole says hooking her pinky with PJ's.

"Sweeet! See! Now unnie, you don't have to die alone!"She says cheerfully.

"Why do you keep talking nonsense about me and dying?!"I yell at her playfully.

"Yah! I just got someone to promise to take care of you forever and this is how you repay me?"The kid asks lowly folding her arm over her chest while pouting. Aw man! Not that! 

"Aigoo! So cute!"I hear Soo says from behind me.

"Yah! Choding unnie! Don't be so ungrateful!"Yoona jokingly yells.

"Aww, sorry J. I was just kidding. Thank you."I tell the kid pulling her in for a hug which she quickly returns.

"But Nicole unnie, if you get tired of her you can just live her to die."The kid says nonchalantly after pulling away from me.

"Aish this kid!"I say playfully slapping PJ's arm who only giggle in response.

"Stop teasing your Hyo unnie alright?"Fany says walking over to the side of PJ's bed and taking  on the kid's hands in hers.

"Arasso mommy."PJ says beaming at Fany.

"Good. Now what do you want for dinner?"She asks showing PJ one of her eye smiles.

"Pizza?"PJ says hopefully.

"So?"Fany asks for Sica's permission turning towards the said girl.

"Sure, but just for tonight arasso?"Sica answers looking at PJ sternly.

"Dae umma."She replies happily before turning towards Fany. "Is dad not going to be here again?"She asks this time with sadness lacing through her voice.

"I'm not sure sweetie but I'm sure she'll try to get here before you sleep."Fany says caressing PJ's cheek.

"Can I wait for her?"PJ asks biting her bottom lip.

"You can't stay up late PJ."Sica says giving PJ an apologetic smile.

"But I miss dad."She replies looking down.

"Taengoo won't be happy if she hears that you're not taking good care of yourself."Yul says frowning.

"How about this, if you sleep early tonight I'll talk to your dad and ask her if she can delay her schedule to morrow so you will be able to see her?"Fany offers with a bright smile on her face.

"Really?!"PJ asks excitedly. She must be really missing Taeng, she has really been quite busy these past few days.

"Yes really. Now do we have a deal?"Fany asks PJ.

"Yes!"Patrick says or more like cheer since she did a fist pump along with it.


 

Fany's POV

Before dinner Seohyun and Sunny arrived from their schedules and ate dinner with us. But Sunny had to leave with everyone else afterwards since they all have schedule for tomorrow while I don't have anything  scheduled till late tomorrow night while Seo has the day off. And Doctor Smiths also told us that PJ will be discharge tomorrow afternoon because her body's responding well with the medicines but we have to bring her in once a month for check up, we didn't tell PJ so we can surprise her tomorrow, that, and because we all have the same feeling that she won't be able to sleep due to excitement if we tell her now

"Mom, don't forget our deal okay?"She says while lying down on her bed to go to sleep with Seo lying beside her.

"Of course sweetie. Now you two go to sleep, it's almost 10."I tell my kids. Oh! How I love saying that...

"Goodnight mom, I love you."PJ says pulling me in for a hug.

"Good night and I love you more sweetie, sleep well okay."I reply hugging her tighter then letting her go.

"Good night umma, I love you. Please rest too."Seo says pouting.

"Awwe, don't worry hon I'll sleep when your appa arrives arasso? Now go to sleep you, and good night, I love you more, sleep well too okay."I tell her then hug her and place a kiss on her forehead then I walk back towards PJ's side of the bed and also place a kiss on her forehead and fix the blanket over the both of them and watch them cuddle together before closing their eyes while I let out a content sigh. Ah, I just love watching them looking so peaceful and healthy specially now knowing that PJ's away from danger even if it's just for the time being.

I sit down on the chair beside the bed and start reading the book that I brought with me for times like this while listening to the soft breathings coming from the two occupants of the bed beside me. I keep reading, not noticing the time till I hear the door being opened so I turn towards it and see Taeyeon pokes her head inside then she quickly smiles when she notices me.

"Hey."She says giving me a tired smile while walking in holding 2 plastic bags on her hand.

"Hey baby."I greet back taking the plastic bags from her and giving her a peck on her lips.

"Sorry I'm late again."She says sitting on the sit I was sitting on earlier while I put the plastic bags on the bedside table.

"It's okay, it's not your fault."I reply walking back towards her and she pulls me to sit down on her lap wrapping her arms around my waist and I wrapped mine on her neck in return.

"How long have they been sleeping?"She asks motioning at the two sleeping figures on the bed.

"For more than two hours now."I reply after looking at my watch to see that it's almost 12:30 already.

"I feel bad that I haven't been spending time with you guys, especially PJ."She says sadly.

"About that, I need to ask you something."I tell her looking down at her while brushing away a strand of hair from her face.

"Hmm? Is something wrong?"She asks holding my hand that is on her cheek and keep it there while keeping her other arm around my waist.

"It's PJ, she misses you and was asking earlier or more like last night about you. I had to offer her to ask you to make some adjustment on your schedule today so you can wait for her to wake up before leave you later cause she kept insisting of staying up late to wait for you."I tell her with the hope of getting a positive answer.

"I-uh I can't Fany ah. I have a CF shooting later in the morning and I can't miss that. Tell her I said I'm sorry and that I will make it up to her once she get discharge."She says apologetically and glancing a little towards the bed.

"It's okay. I'm sure she will understand. And about the discharging, she can actually leave tomorrow afternoon."I answer and tell her the good news happily.

"That's good to hear. Can you tell her that later in the morning so she won't be that disappointed about me not being able to wait for her to wake up?"Taeyeon says cheerfully but lowly then asks me the question hopefully.

"But we planned on surprising her tomorrow."I tell her pouting.

"I guess I'll just have to do my best to make it up to her once I have a free time."She says smiling bitterly. 

She stayed till 1 o'clock and we just talked about how our days are and ate the burgers she bought for us that was inside one of the bags along with the box of donut in the other one that's for PJ and Joohyun since she knew that Joohyun will be staying here tonight though I doubt that that kid will eat even at least one since donut isn't very healthy. My daughters are composed of one health freak and one junky camper...

After she left I stared at the sleeping figures on the bed and actually took a picture of them because they look so cute and settled in one of the sofas to sleep while thinking of a way on how I'm going to apologize to PJ because her dad wasn't' able to wait for her till sleep finally took over me and I slipped into unconsciousness with one thought in mind. I'm sorry sweetie...


I know that I took too long to update again but I've just been busy so I'm really sorry. hehehe

But I hope that this chapter will make up for it :DD

And to my demanding beloved reader/unnie @snsdtinay , are you happy now?

Hope you guys liked it! Please comment!

Disclaimer:I own nothing except PJ and the hopefully getting better story plot.