Promise

It hurts

Jiyong's POV

 

It's been 2 months since we met in the cafe. I'm courting her now, but i don't think she knew that i've been courting her for the whole time. Since i'm an idol, i can't court her like the other normal guys do. and we often see each other. If we have time, we only meet when it's already midnight so no one can see us. I hope it doesn't make her feel bad.

There is that time i asked her to tell me something about her. She said she's living in her grandma's house with her cousin Eunjae, and about her parents she told me a lot, she almost cry. I don't want to see her cry, i just want to see her beautiful smile. Her smile that can melt my heart. Among the girls i have been in relationship before she's the only one who has the beautiful smile i fell for. When i'm with her, we talked non-stop, i mean SHE talks non-stop . I didn't know she has this side, i thought she's the type of girl who is shy. But i still like her.

I'm already awake for 1 hour, and all i did is to think about Yumi. I look for my phone and dialed her number.

 

“Hello?”

“Goodmorning!” I smiled when i heard her voice. It's like a music to my ears, it gives me an inspiration to write more songs.

Why are you up so early?”

 

I’m not sleeping. I’m just working on our songs all night.”

 

“Ah, just take some rest.”

 

“Where are you now?”

 

“I’m on my way to my school, Are you just going to be there at studio?”
 

“Yeah.. why?"

 

“Nothing, i just want to ask, if...you have a free time.. can we meet at the cafe?” She cutely said, this is the first time she asked me out, i'am the one who always asking her to go out with but now.. wow...

 

“Sure Yumi, hey ... if I won’t able to reply to your texts, it means I’m working. So, don’t get too sensitive.”

 

“That’s okay, i'll just text youu later okay? just take some rest”

 

“Don’t miss me too much, okay?”

 

“I’m going, bye!”

I felt so good, whenever i talked to her. What if when i'm with her?

I put down my pen and closed my eyes. Then, i heard the door opened, i saw Teddy hyung, and the 2ne1 girls coming in.

 

“Hey ji. When are you going to introduce us your latest girl?” Teddy hyung said, why are they suddenly bringing up this issue?

 

“The student one?”

 

“So it’s a student this time! Ji, you’re such a playboy” Dara noona scolded me. Aww, they're seeing me as a playboy?

 

“You change your girlfriends often, don’t you felt guilty?”

 

No, this is different. This is like destiny”

 

“DESTINY?” Dara and the other 2ne1 members laughed.

 

~~~~

 

“How’s work? Were you able to compose songs?”

 

“I’m kinda tired, because of our new album” He said, having a bite.

 

“You’re stressing yourself too much Jiyong, you might get sick”

 

“It's my job, Yumi” He said coldly.

 

"Why is it so urgent that we meet tonight?” I asked

 

“We have to talk” 

 

“You’re right. We need to talk.”

 

~~~~~

2nd Person's POV

You’re getting along with him. Spending the day with him, visiting him in YG building then dinner with him. Everyone in YG thought you were together which is not true. You two are just friends. You admit it, you like him and you started to fall for him more, especially when your together.. You really love all about him. He’s the type of guy you want to be with.

 

You went home tiredly. Eyes colored in red; you just stopped crying a while ago when you got news from your parents in US.  You’re about to go to your room when your grandmother saw you.

 

“Yumi honey… What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” You couldn’t stop yourself anymore. You ran to your grandma and hug her.

 

Mom and dad won’t be able to come home for Christmas..” You said between sobs. She taps your shoulder as your grandma continues to comfort you. When you went to your room,You quickly call Jiyong, and luckily he’s on his way to their dorm. he picked up the phone to only hear is cry he immediately turn his car on the way to your house. He went to your room to find you crying on the corner. You sat and told everything on him.

 

“How did you find out?”

 

“My dad emailed me, he told he got something important to work. So they won’t able to come home..”   You sighed.   “I really pity my dad… He’s been working there for many years. Even during Christmas, he has to work. He said, he’s doing it for me and my mom.” You look at him and smile weakly.

 

 

 

 

Yumi's POV

 

 

At least you understand him.”

 

“Yes, I understand him, but I’m just afraid to be alone. It’s so lonely when you’re alone during Christmas. Well, my grandma is there, my cousin too.. and—“

 

“I’m not counted?”  I raised my eyebrow at him, "Oh, so I’m not counted... “  He turned his back at me while his arms folded on his chest. I tried to face him to me. I shake him but he won't move

 

That’s not what I meant. Of course you’re counted.Ah, at last he faced me again..

 

I promise that you won’t be alone on your birthday, or during Christmas and New year .. Valentine’s day, National Heroes’ day, or whatever. I promise you that”  

 

You’re crazy!” I laughed and jokely punched him on his arm

 

That’s okay at least I make you happy…” He started to tickle me, i told him to stop but he won’t listen. So i ran. He followed, trying to catch me. Running as fast as i can, i turn my way but he catches me by wrapping his hands on my waist. He turned me around and met his eyes. He slowly leaning down… then i felt his lips touches mine.

 

“Why did you do that?”