Childhood

Perfect...Truly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1]Chapter 32[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Childhood[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Anne ran downstairs to the kitchen to grab a bowl of fruits. Of course, she was happy that her sister came back to live with her again, but a part of her knew there was something wrong. Mei Li had always been the girl at school who all the boys would go crazy over – which was expected. She inherited amazing genes. But, no matter what all of her fanboys did to try and win her heart, she never once accepted any of them. She kindly rejected them and went home like nothing new happened.

One time, one of her best friends confessed to her – not just some random guy at school who she had never spoken a word to, but one of her 'best friends.’ He wanted to be more than friends.

At that time, Mei Li was sixteen and Anne was twelve. Even though Anne was young and didn't know that much about the whole 'relationship' thing and what 'love' was, she could sense it when he confessed to her sister.

***flashback***

Their mother had invited Dongjun, one of Mei Li's best friends over for dinner. Their mom rarely invited any guys over to their house, since she could sense that though a lot of them liked Mei Li, some of them wanted to 'sleep' with her – Anne didn’t know what that meant.

However, their mother had taken a liking to Dongjun. Their father was also away at work, so he couldn’t complain about having a guy over either.

Mei Li only had two real friends: Dongjun and Myungsoo. Myungsoo – or his English name, L, was currently on vacation with his family so he couldn't come over.

Dongjun and Myungsoo had been Mei Li's childhood friends long before Anne and her mom started to discover that Mei Li had a lot of fanboys.

They were almost finished eating dinner when Dongjun suddenly stood up from his seat.

"Uhm, Ayi, Anne, do you think I'm a good person?" he asked seriously.

Anne and her mom glanced at each other, both taken back by his sudden question. "Why, yes Dongjun. If you weren't, I wouldn't have invited you over," their mom smiled nicely at him.

"Well Dongjun, you buy me lots of things, so yes!" Anne replied, grinning.

Dongjun laughed, but Mei Li scolded Anne. "Yah, Anne!"

Anne stuck her tongue out and rolled her eyes.

Dongjun cleared his throat, "Well, uhm...if you guys approve, then..." He went over to his backpack and pulled out a bouquet of roses.

Anne’s eyes widened and so did her mother’s. Mei Li just sat there, eating food, oblivious to what was going on.

Is this how people show their 'love' to someone? Why do I feel all giddy inside for Mei Li? Anne wondered as Dongjun went over to Mei Li.

"Mei Li..." he started.

Mei Li stopped eating and turned to him. She gasped when she saw the bouquet of flowers in front of her.

"I know I've always just been your best friend and only your best friend. All this time, I was trying to hold it in. At first, I didn't know what was happening to me. I started to care for you more and more, even more than myself. I know you've only seen me as a friend or a brother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter