Knight In Shining Armor?

Forever

 

Friday came by faster than you had expected but you were definitely not complaining. With a giant smile sitting on your face you held the two tickets in your hands as you waited for Suho outside of his classroom. Your hair is down in loose curls that fall half way down your back and a pink headband with small pink bow is situated on your head. You were never the type to wear makeup but you put on some eyeliner as well as a small amount of mascara and lip gloss to complete your outfit; a pink floral dress that went up to your knees along with white tights and a beige trench coat over top to keep you from being too cold. Although the outfit was rather uncomfortable for someone who prefers leggings and a massive hoodie, you didn’t want to be underdressed for the exhibition. Unknown to you, your cheeks are currently puffed out as you stared at your feet, waiting for Suho – who has already finished his classes. Suho spent a good minute watching you wander back and forth in the halls cutely before he decided to let you know that he was done.
 
“Haemi?” You felt a small tap on your shoulder and turned around to face a smiling Suho with his bangs gelled up. A small gasp escaped your lips when you got a good look at how his features stood out without his bangs in his face.
 
“H-hi Suho oppa.” You stuttered as you greeted Suho, causing him to chuckle at your reaction.
 
“Haha, hey Haemi. Have you been waiting long?”
 
“Oh no, I just got here!” That was a lie. You have been standing around for the last half an hour waiting for Suho but you really didn’t mind.
 
“Okay that’s a relief then... Um...So… you ready?”
 
“Yep!” You couldn’t hide the excitement in your voice, you’ve been waiting to see this exhibition for as long as you could remember.
 
“Haha okay, let’s head out back then? I parked my car there since I don’t have a permanent parking pass.” You nodded enthusiastically and followed Suho to the parking lot behind the fine arts building.
 
When the two of you reached the parking lot, Suho opened up the doors to his white Honda Civic Si clumsily, waiting for you to take a seat inside before closing the door for you. He then dashed to his seat as you looked at him curiously, why is he running? Suho got into the car and the engine quickly, you were about to put on your seatbelt when his arms reached over, pulling the seatbelt down for you. Oh… that’s why he was running. You felt the corners of your lips curving up into a smile at his sweet gesture and kept your hands on your legs awkwardly, scared that you’ll brush his arm while he helped you put your seatbelt on.
 
“Thank you Suho oppa.” Your voice came out softer and higher than you expected causing you to blush from embarrassment and Suho to flush from how sweet you sounded.
 
“Y-you’re welcome Haemi.” Suho then put his own seatbelt on quickly, putting the car in drive.
 
The two of you sat in complete silence for the first couple of minute before Suho cleared his throat to catch your attention.
 
“So… um, I had intended to look up this exhibition online but I never found the time to do so. Do you think you could tell me a little about it before we get there?”
 
“Oh you’re going to love it! This exhibition is a combination of paintings and sculptures created by a group of contemporary artists. There are five of them each from different ethnic backgrounds. From what I know, two of the artists met at another art show four years ago and came up with the idea of combining their skills to create unique and modern art pieces. The other three were asked to join after the initial two went scouting for underrated talented individuals.” Suho listened intently as you told him about the exhibition, clearly looking forward to seeing it in person.
 
“That’s really cool Haemi, I now know why you’re so excited for this.”
 
“Ahh I know right? This is going to be amazing, thank you so much for coming with me or... Um driving me haha. My dad likes to bail out on me last minute all the time.” You tried to control the emotion in your voice but the disappointment you had in your father wasn’t hidden too well.
 
“I’m sure he doesn’t mean to Haemi.” You sighed and took the two tickets out of your pocket.
 
“I guess… but either way it’s alright since you saved the day.” Suho chuckled softly and was about to respond but you continued to talk. “Like a knight in sh-” You threw your right hand over your mouth and stopped yourself from speaking any further. Your eyes closed shut in embarrassment and eyebrows scrunched together, a habit of yours whenever you did anything stupid. Suho felt his heart skip a beat from being called your knight, not sure of what to say until he stopped the car at a red light and looked over at your reaction. He suddenly gained the confidence to finish your sentence for you.
 
“Shining armor?” You opened your eyes and peek over at Suho, your heart racing at his teasing tone. “So does that make you my damsel in distress?” A small squeak escaped your lips the moment Suho said that. You didn’t know how to respond.