Thank You.

Forever

 

Suho followed you as you sprinted into the building, excited to finally be here.
 
“Come on Suho oppa let’s go! There’s going to be a line up if we don’t get in quick!” You grabbed Suho’s hand without thinking and dragged him inside eagerly.
 
“Tickets please.” You handed the two tickets to the doorman and walked inside quickly with wide eyes.
 
“Wahh!” You were already amazed at the sculpture sitting at the entrance of the building and the best has yet to come. “I’ve see this online so many times but seeing it in person really does make a difference.”
 
“Haha yeah, this really is quite amazing.” Although Suho was amazed by the sculpture as well his attention was focused on the expressions on your face.
 
The two of you continued to admire the artwork at the exhibition, hands intertwined the whole time. Suho recognizes that even you yourself might not realize that you’ve been holding his hand the entire night but he couldn’t contain the happiness he felt from the contact. The exhibition was coming to an end and Suho was about to ask you out for a cup of hot chocolate before driving you to work when your cellphone started to ring. You reached into your pockets and pulled out your phone, excusing yourself from Suho before answering the call.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Are you Park Hae Mi?”
 
“Ah yes, I’m Park Hae Mi.”
 
“Is Park Chan Yeol a family member of yours?”
 
“Yes, he’s my younger brother. Why?”
 
“I’m calling from the Seoul hospital, it seems that your brother was involved in a car accident while walking home today. We couldn’t find him on file and were only able to get his phone unlocked just now. You were the first contact on his list.” Your heart started to race as you grew panicked from what you just heard.
 
“WHAT?! I’ll be there right now, where is he?”
 
“He’s currently in the emergency ward.”
 
“Okay, thank you so much.” You hung up the phone and ran towards Suho frantically, the smile on his face disappearing from how scared you looked.
 
“Woah, Haemi, what’s wrong?”
 
“Ch-Chanyeol’s in the hospital! He got hit by a car!” Tears started to well from your eyes by the shock of such news.
 
“What?! Come on; let’s go see him right now I’ll drive you there right away. Is he at the Seoul hospital?” You nodded your head as Suho took your hand into his and brought you to his car.
 
You took a seat and put your seatbelt on with shaking hands. You were so worried about Chanyeol, afraid that the most important person if your life could possibly be seriously injured. Suho started the car right away and drove while trying to comfort you.
 
“It’s alright Haemi, we still haven’t seen him yet. If he was seriously injured they would have told you over the phone.”
 
“You think so?” Your voice came out small as tears began to flow down your face.
 
“I know so. If Chanyeol is anything like you I’m sure he’d be alright. He’s a strong kid right?” You nodded and clasped your hands together tight, obviously nervous.
 
As the two of you got closer to the hospital the uneasiness you felt in your heart grew as well.
 
“Haemi, I’ll drop you off at the front so you can get in there quickly okay? I’ll come find you after I park my car.”
 
“Okay, thank you so much. I don’t know what I’d do if you weren’t here.”
 
“Don’t worry about it, I’m your knight in shining armour remember?” Suho gave you a reassuring smile before pulling up to the entrance of the hospital. “We’re here.”
 
You took off your seatbelt immediately and rushed into the building, heading straight to the front desk next to the emergency ward.
 
“I’m here to see Park Chan Yeol.” The nurse at the desk pointed towards an area covered by a red curtain right away, already knowing that someone would be coming for Chanyeol.
 
“He’s in the third room.”
 
“Thank you.” You bowed your head slightly then ran towards that room. You opened the curtain and felt your heart stop at Chanyeol’s sleeping figure. His forehead is wrapped with bandages and a few set of band aids are scattered across his cheeks from the cuts he sustained. You walked towards your brother slowly and brushed his hair from his face. You placed your hand over his and felt your lips quivering. This is all my fault, I should have been there with him.
 
Tears continued to flow down your face as you sat next to your sleeping brother, unaware of the soft footsteps behind you. Not until Suho placed his hands onto your shoulder did you realize that he was there.
 
“Haemi, I talked to the doctor just now and your brother is going to be alright. He suffered from a slight concussion, some bruises and… well… a broken leg but other than that nothing is too serious. He should recover fully within six months.” You nodded your head as you kept your hands on Chanyeol’s. My poor baby brother. “They also said that your parents have been notified, they should be here as soon as your father gets back to the city.” You got up from your seated position and placed a soft kiss on Chanyeol’s forehead, you haven’t done that ever since you stopped tucking him into bed years ago.
 
“Thank you Suho, you’re probably exhausted, I’m sorry for causing you so much trouble today.”
 
“Don’t worry about a thing Haemi, what’s important is that your brother is going to be alright.” Suho closed the space between the two of you and reached his hands up to your face, wiping the tears that stained your cheeks. “You on the other hand still look quite shaken up, are you alright?”