Made in Heaven.

Forever
With school work out of the way and Chanyeol occupied with Soojin, you have been spending almost every day with Suho. You guys would go out on dates, watch movies together, spend time at his or your place, and he even drives you to and from work. Your relationship together hasn’t been very long, but it’s progressing quickly. The two of you are currently sitting in Suho’s car, out for another one of your dates.
 
“How was work today sweetie?”
 
“Mm, the usual. You know, tons of cute kids wanting to get themselves a special bear. How about you, how was your audition?”
 
“I got a callback for Peterpan, but we’ll have to wait until my second audition before we do any celebrating”
 
“That’s great! I’m sure you’ll get the part. This is so exciting!”
 
“Thanks sweetie. I’ll have to fit in some extra practice for this though, so I won’t be able to drive you to work on Tuesday. Is that okay?”
 
“Yeah of course! I used to walk to work every day anyways, your audition is more important.”
 
“Haha okay, thanks sweetie. How about the two of us head out for dinner tonight then? Mina is sick with a cold so I really shouldn’t be bringing you over when she needs to rest. She’ll be jumping out of bed and bouncing off walls the moment she knows you’re over at our place.” Suho chuckled at the thought of his younger cousin’s excitement whenever she sees you. “Sometimes I think she likes you more than she likes me.”
 
“Haha, well I can’t help it if I’m lovable.” You clasped your cheeks with your own hands and mimicked a sunflower as you faced Suho.
 
Suho couldn’t stop the rise in his cheekbones at how adorable you looked.
 
“Right, right, absolutely loveable. Now please do put your hands down before I crash the car sweetie.”
 
 “Got it.” Laughing, you put your hands down, but continued to face Suho.
 
“So, where are we going tonight?”
 
“Mmm, I’ve got a place in mind alread, I just hope you’ll like it as much as I do.”
 
“I’m sure I will, we seem to have the same taste in everything.”
 
“It does seem that way doesn’t it?”
 
The two of you arrived at a little dumpling shop in Myeongdong. You’ve seen it before, but you’ve never been inside.
 
“You’ll love it here, the owners are actually Chinese so the dumplings are traditional and absolutely amazing.”
 
“Okay, I’ll take your word for it.”
 
Suho opened the door for you, the bells chiming as you walked inside. You looked around and was in awe at the atmosphere of this little shop. There were students with their friends, families with their children, and also those with their significant others. The tables were extremely close together, leaving little space for those who needed to move around, but the waiters were all swift and moved around without any signs of trouble. The wooden tables were a nice auburn, with a burgundy undertone, while the chairs were jet black. Red and golden lanterns hung across the ceiling of the space and provided the shop with a very cosy and festive atmosphere.
 
“Table for two please nai nai.” Suho’s voice pulled you out of your daydream. You looked over and notice a small, gray-haired, grandmother standing in front of him.
 
“Oh! Suho ni hao! Is this your girlfriend?! She’s very beautiful.”
 
“Haha, yeah she’s my girlfriend, Haemi.”
 
“What a lovely name. Hello, Haemi-ssi.” You smiled awkwardly then shook her hand. Suho laughed and you felt out of place all of a sudden. “Come on dear, there’s a table in the back corner for the two of you.”

The two of you followed the grandmother to the table situated in the far back of the restaurant. When you reached the table, Suho pulled a chair out for you before grabbing a seat himself. You didn’t even get a chance to look at the menu before Suho started to order.
 
“Two orders of the dumpling special and an order of the ginger beef please. She’ll have the warm almond tea, and I’ll have the barley tea as always.”

“Alright, the food will be ready soon Suho.”

“Thank you nai nai.”

“You’re welcome Suho ah. It’s nice to see you here again.” The shop owner patted Suho’s shoulder then gave you a friendly smile before heading to the kitchen.
 
“I hope you don’t mind that I ordered for the two of us.”
 
“No of course not! I wouldn’t have known what to get anyways. Do you come here often?”
 
“Oh, I used to work here as a waiter back in High School, but I haven’t been back in a while. I was planning to bring you here earlier, but the two of us have been so busy lately. Today seemed like a good day for some dumplings.”
 
“Hmm… fair enough! I’m getting hungry from just sitting here. The aroma coming from the kitchen is making my mouth water. Oh! And you called the lady nai nai just now, is that her name?”
 
“Oh no! Nai nai means grandmother in Mandarin. I learned a little bit while working here, so I call her by that.”
 
“I didn’t know you speak Mandarin! Teach me something!”
 
“Ehh, my Mandarin is really rusty now, I don’t really speak it all that well.”
 
“Aww, come on, you should at least say something though. I want to hear you speak in Mandarin.” You pouted while looking up at Suho with puppy dog eyes. He was sold.
 
“Okay, fine. Ni hao, wo de ming zi shi shou hu, wo xi huan chang ge. (Hi, my name is Suho and I like to sing)
 
“Oh wow, that sounded so cool! Is there anything else you know?”
 
“Um… Wo ai ni (I love you), Haemi.” You knew what that one meant and your face flushed when a couple of heads turned to face your table.  
 
“Aww you cheeseball. Wo ai ni, Suho.”

Content that you reciprocated his words, Suho was just about to ask you something else, but decided to go against it. He’ll wait a little bit first.
 
“Your food is here. Two dumpling soups, a plate of ginger beef, an almond tea for Haemi-ssi, and a barley tea for our Suho.”

“Thank you nai nia.”
 
“You’re welcome dear, enjoy your food.”When the shop owner was out of earshot, you faced Suho and gushed at how adorable she was.
 
“She’s so cute.”
 
“Haha yeah. She doesn’t usually serve the food since she and her husband do almost all of the cooking themselves, but I guess she wanted to personally give us our food.”
 
“Aww, that’s so sweet of her. I’m sure you really liked working here.”
 
“Yeah, she always gave me dumpling soup on the house for lunch.”
 
“Speaking of dumpling soup, I’ve starving. Let’s eat!” Picking up your chopsticks and spoon, you broke your dumpling in half and blew on it, until it was cool enough to eat. After taking a bite, your eyes widened at how delicious it tasted. The soup was light and complimented the cabbage and pork filling perfectly. The dumpling skin was also very thin, unlike the thick and tough ones you have tried previously.
 
“How is it?”
 
“Really, really, really good. We have to come here more often!”
 
“I knew you’d like it! We can come here as much as you want.” Suho took a small piece of ginger beef and leaned over the table. You looked around to make sure nobody was looking before you leaned forward as well. You took a bite of out the ginger beef and gave Suho a thumbs up while chewing, you’ve never had such crispy and chewy ginger beef before.  
 
“This is my favourite side dish here. All the other places I’ve been too have really thick sauces and their ginger beef is squishy.”
 
“I was just thinking that!”
 
“Well, I’m glad you like it.”
 
“Mmm! We should bring Chanyeol and Soojin next time and have a double date. I think they’d love the food here.”

Suho’s facial expression fell momentarily, but his smiled returned just as fast as it disappeared. “Yeah, for sure. Chanyeol would probably devour the desserts here in seconds.”

“They have dessert here too?”

“Yep! I’ll get us some once we’re done with our meal.”

“Okay!”

The two of you continued to eat, feeding each other every now and then, while talking about how your days went. When you finally finished everything, Suho raised his hands and got the attention of one of the waiters.

“Two red bean soups with coconut milk please. Oh, and hold the chestnuts.”  After Suho ordered, you cocked your head to the side and wondered how Suho knew you didn’t like chestnuts.

“How did you know I don’t like chestnuts?”
 
“Oh… I didn’t... just don’t really like them either, so I’m just used to ordering that way.” Suho chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. “I probably should have asked if you liked them, but I guess it all worked out in the end.”
 
“I guess we have even more in common than I expected huh?”
 
“Haha yeah, I guess we’re just a match made in heaven now aren’t we?”