Preparations.

Forever
The next two weeks went by in a flash and your exams were absolutely brutal, you can only pray that you did okay. Suho on the other hand, received his solo performance scores back and did really well. Other than his usual panic over math, Chanyeol’s finals were alright. With the semester finally over, you felt like things were slowly falling into place. Having Suho in your life has definitely turned things around.
 
“Channie, can you taste this for me? I wanna make sure it’s not too sweet.”
 
“Yeah sure, one sec noona.” Putting down the patties in his hands, Chanyeol walked towards you with his mouth wide open, ready to try the batter of your oreo cake. “Oh my fricken life, this is so good noona. How about we save this cake for ourselves and feed the guys some of that apple pie appa tried to make?”
 
You shook your head and clicked your tongue at Chanyeol in disapproval. “Truthfully, I wouldn’t mind feeding the guys some of dad’s awesome apple pie but Baekhyun said he invited Soojin over and I’d rather not destroy the poor girl’s taste buds.”
 
Chanyeol’s eyes widened at the mention of Soojin’s name. “Huh? Soojin is coming over as well? Since when?”
 
“Don’t worry Channie, I promise I won’t say anything stupid to embarrass you. You can’t really hide much from me you know? I changed your diapers.” You gave Chanyeol a quick pat on the head and continued where you left off. “Soojin’s a good girl, make sure you take you chance before someone else does.”
 
“Ughh, noona, I know you mean well but what am I supposed to do? Just walk up to her be like Soojin, you have gorgeous eyes and a beautiful smile with an amazing personality to top it off, will you go out with a nerdy dork like me? See, just listening to that myself sounds ridiculous noona. I’m nothing more than friend material for a girl like Soojin.” Chanyeol lowered his head and stared at the non-existent stain on his white socks.
 
“And what exactly makes you think that?” You forced his head up and looked him in the eyes as you spoke. “Don’t sell yourself short Channie, you’re an awesome guy and I’m sure Soojin knows it too.”
 
“Thanks noona but you only think that way cause you’re my older sister…”
 
“Oh jeeze Channie, you’ll never know if you don’t try. I’m not pressuring you or anything but a nice girl like that won’t be single for long.”
 
“... I don’t know, I’ll think about it… Just don’t do anything weird tonight.”
 
“Don’t worry, I won’t. Suho oppa is going to be over as well remember? He’ll make sure I behave.”
 
Chanyeol’s eyes lit up at the mention of Suho’s name.“Oh right, what time is Suho hyung coming over?”
 
You took a quick glance at the clock before answering Chanyeol. “Hmm, actually, I think he should be here anytime now. He said that he’d get here before four o’clock since he wants to help out with the food. Your friends are getting here at six right?”
 
“Yeah, everybody is coming over at six except for Jongin, he’s gonna be late cause of dance practice.”
 
“Oh, Jongin still dances?”
 
“Yeah, ballet isn’t super manly or anything but Jongin loves ballet so he’s keeping up with it despite all the things people say. Our group isn’t exactly the most popular amongst our classmates...”
 
“Oh my gosh, stop it Channie. Girls are going to be ALL over your guitar skills, Baekhyun’s singing, Kyungsoo’s cooking and Jongin’s dancing once you guys get older, you can trust me on that one. Girls eat that stuff up, nonna knows that for a fact.”
 
“Ehh… just because you’re dating a potential musical theatre actor doesn’t mean all girls like that stuff noona.” Chanyeol looked at you skeptically, his eyebrows slightly furrowed.
 
“Alright, alright, let’s discuss this another time. We need to get to cooking! Keep shaping the patties for our turkey burgers while I put this oreo cake into the fridge to set.”
 
“Okay, sounds good. I’m almost done though, do you want me to do anything after?”
 
“We’re out of apples since appa decided to experiment and I need them for the fruit salad I’m planning to make. Can you go down to the grocery store and pick up a bag of apples?”
 
“Yeah for sure, anything else?” Chanyeol shaped the last of the patties then washed his hands quickly.
 
“Mm, nope, I’ve got everything else all set up and Suho is going to make the drinks.”
 
“Oooh, what kind of drinks?”
 
“You guys are all underage so fruit punch and soda should be okay right?” Chanyeol rolled his eyes at your comment, the guys all drink, but he’s definitely not going to tell you that.
 
“Yeah… Can I buy some milkis for the fruit punch then?”
 
“Go ahead and grab the milkis you giant child.”
 
“What?! Milkis and fruit punch is amazing, you can never be too old for that.”
 
“Haha, I know, I’m just kidding.”
 
“Yeah okay, whatever you say.”
 
The doorbell rang before you could retaliate. You quickly poured the oreo cake batter on top of the cookie base and placed it into the fridge before rushing to the door.
 
“Suho!”
 
“Hey sweetie.”
 
You led your boyfriend inside and helped set his things down, happy that he’s finally here. You haven’t seen him in person except for when he drove you to school and that was definitely not enough.
 
“How’s the cooking going so far?”
 
“Good, we’re almost done. Channie’s just going to run and grab some apples for my fruit salad.”
 
“Okay, do you need help with anything?”
 
“Nope, just the drinks is fine. Thank you so much for helping out.”
 
“You’re welcome sweetie.”
 
Clearing his throat, Chanyeol grabbed his keys and waved you and Suho goodbye.
 
“Okay, I’m heading out now, don’t do anything funny while I’m gone you two. Omma and appa may be out for dinner tonight but you never know, they could end up coming home early.”
 
“Oh my gosh, you are terrible!” You attempted to smack Chanyeol’s arm but the younger managed to dodge your attack.
 
“Haha! I’m just kidding noona!”
 
“Whatever…”
 
“Love you too noona.” With that, Chanyeol rushed out of the house, leaving you feeling flustered.
 
“Sorry about that, I swear that kid is going to be the death of me.”
 
“Haha aww it’s okay sweetie, you don’t have to apologize. I’m used to Chanyeol’s antics already haha.”
 
“Oh my gosh, that just makes it worse! Does he talk to you like that when I’m not around?”
 
“Um… if I said yes, would Chanyeol get into some sort of trouble?” Suho’s face reflected a small hint of worry as he leaned against the table.
 
“Possibly.”
 
“Then, no?”
 
Laughing, you smacked Suho on the chest lightly as he held onto your waist.
 
“Oh jeeze, I see that my baby brother has been a good influence on you.”
 
“Haha yes indeed. He’s a cute kid, I like how he jokes around with me, makes me feel less old.”
 
“Tsk, fine. Now if you don’t mind can you let me go so I can finish cooking?”

“Aye aye captain.”