Everything.

Forever
Three weeks have gone by since Suho asked you out and happy would be an extreme understatement for how you felt whenever you were with him. Suho is sweet, caring, and kind; he takes care of you, looks out for your brother, and is definitely in your parents’ good books. You really couldn’t have asked for a boyfriend better than Suho, it’s as if your life is finally falling into place now that you have him by your side. To make matters even better, the meeting with his family went well too. His parent’s passed away when he was a child so the opinion of his aunt and uncle was really important to Suho. After being deemed the “perfect darling” for their Joonmyunnie, and a great role model for Mina, the two of you were able to date freely without any worries.
 
 
 
“I don’t think I can go out tonight, do you think you can come over instead Suho?” As much as Suho loves you calling him oppa, it just really didn’t work for you, the two of you decided that calling him by his name without honorifics would suffice.
 
“I thought you really wanted to go watch a movie though sweetie?” Gosh, Suho calling you sweetie still makes your face heat up; it’ll take some getting used to.
 
“I do but my dad has a dinner party to attend and he has to bring my mom so I’ll have to stay home and take care of Chanyeol. I can’t really leave him at home by himself…Sorry…” Setting your phone down, you put it on speakerphone as you fished out your sketchbook.
 
“No, no that’s fine, you don’t have to apologize! Chanyeol’s still healing so it’d be terrible for us to leave him alone anyway. What time should I head over?”
 
“My parents are leaving the house at six so any time after that would be fine. I don’t think you’d want to be here while they’re getting ready… they’re kind of… um… how should I put this? Well… they’re special when they’re preparing for dinner parties.”
 
“Haha okay, I’ll drop by at six thirty. Should I grab us dinner? You’ll be busy helping Chanyeol so…”
 
“No, it’s fine! You haven’t tried my cooking yet since my mom insisted on doing all the cooking the two times you came over, I want to make you dinner this time around.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Yep, just prepare your stomach for the best Mapo Tofu you’ve ever tasted.”
 
“Oh wow, you can make Chinese dishes? Can’t wait! I’ll see you tonight then sweetie, bye.”
 
“Bye Suho.”
 
You turned off your phone and took a quick glance at the clock; you have a solid four hours before Suho arrives, that’s plenty of time to complete this sketch and finish cooking. Suho hasn’t actually asked you about it, but you had promised to show him your sketchbook when you first met him and you’re really close to filling up the new one you bought already. Since you had to bail on the date he planned, you decided that you could show him your sketchbook and give him a sketch as an apology gift as well.
 
 
 
 
The doorbell rang right at six thirty; it’s definitely like Suho to be perfectly on time. Setting the dishes down, you washed your hands hurriedly before getting the door. You opened the door to the smiling face of your boyfriend, a small smile of your own quickly appearing on your face. 
 
“Hey Suho, come on I just finished cooking.”
 
“Can’t wait, it smells delicious sweetie.”
 
Grabbing onto his hand, you brought Suho into the kitchen and told him to take a seat while you went to get Chanyeol.
 
“Channie! Dinners ready!” You called out to your younger brother as you walked up the stairs, the sound of his crutches falling over and a quiet “damn” reaching your ears. “Channie? You okay? Need some help?”
 
“No!!! I’m good noona, just… these stupid lanky arms of mine being annoying again.” Laughing, you descended the stairs as you replied to Chanyeol.
 
“Okay then, take your time, I still haven’t gotten the rice yet.”
 
“Got it!”
 
You returned to the kitchen and grabbed three sets of bowls and chopsticks, opening up the rice cooker you watched as the steam rushed out before filling up the three bowls. Suho was by your side immediately, helping you set the table.
 
“Thank you Suho.”
 
“No problem, it’s only normal for me to help after all the cooking you did. I didn’t know you knew how to cook so well, it smells really good.”
 
“You’ll have to taste it first haha.”
 
“I’m sure it’ll tas-”
 
“Oh my god YES! Noona you made Mapo Tofu!” Chanyeol hopped over to grab a seat at the table right away, not noticing Suho until a few moments later. “Oh! Hey Suho hyung!”
 
“Haha, hi Chanyeol, I take it that you really like your sister’s Mapo Tofu?”
 
“Yes, I could mix this stuff with like five bowls of rice and still want more.”
 
“Don’t forget to eat the vegetable dishes too though Channie.”
 
“Ugh, I know… I’m not a kid noona.”
 
“Riighht.”
 
Laughing, you placed your own bowl onto the table and sat next to Chanyeol with Suho in front of you. You paid close attention to the expression on Suho’s face as the three of you started to eat. You bit your lower lips as Suho took a bite out of the Mapo Tofu, feeling nervous all of a sudden. You let out a breath that you didn’t even realize you were holding when Suho took another bite right after the first one.
 
“This is amazing sweetie, is there anything you can’t do? I don’t think I’ll have to worry about cooking at all in the future.”
 
A light pink hue scattered across your cheekbones at the implications behind Suho’s words.
 
“W-who says I’ll be cooking for you all the time?” You teased Suho as you became more relaxed and began to eat as well. “Plus, I like a man who can cook.”
 
The two of you laughed as Chanyeol made a disgusted face and gagging sounds.
 
“Gross. Seriously guys, I’d like to eat in peace thank you very much.”
 
“Oh you’re just jealous Channie, let’s go find you a nice girl okay? How about Soojin?”
 
Chanyeol choked and sputtered, causing the food in his mouth to fly out at the mention of Soojin’s name, the knowing smile on your face growing bigger.
 
“W-WHAT?! NO! She’s… She’s just a friend noona!”
 
“Oh calm down Channie, I was just saying that she’s a nice girl and that you should go for it!”
 
“Oh dear lord noona, please stop, we are not talking about this at the dinner table.”
 
“Why? Are you worried she won’t like you back?”
 
“Noona~~~”
 
Suho watched the scene before him in amusement. Maybe it’s because he’s an only child but to see two siblings interact the way you and Chanyeol do is absolutely endearing too him.
 
“Sweetie, stop teasing Chanyeol and let the guy eat in peace.”
 
You pouted but complied.
 
“Fine, you’re in luck today Channie but don’t think you’re off the hook just yet.”
 
“Ugh, no noona, just drop it, we’re just friends okay?”
 
“Yeah, yeah… whatever you say.”
 
 
 
 
Dinner ended on a bright note that evening, Suho managed to change the topic easily, the three of you laughing the entire time as you told him about some of Chanyeol’s embarrassing stories and Chanyeol doing the same for you. Suho loved hearing these stories and felt that much closer to both you and Chanyeol through them.  He knows the two of you are still in the early stages of your relationship but he just knows that you’re the one. There really isn’t anyone else that he can see himself spending the rest of his life with.
 
“Suho, can you help me put these plates in that cupboard? I can’t reach and Chanyeol is usually in charge of this.”
 
Placing the towel and the wet bowl in his hands down onto the counter, Suho took the plates from your hand and helped you put them away.
 
“Thank you.” On your tiptoes, you pressed your lips against Suho’s cheek quickly then went back to washing the last of the dishes.
 
“You’re welcome sweetie, I’m your knight in shining armor remember?” Taking a few steps forward, Suho wrapped his arms around your torso and placed his head onto your shoulders and kissed you on the cheeks. You blushed at his actions and turned off the faucet once you finished washing the chopsticks.
 
“Come on mister knight, these bowls aren’t going to dry themselves.”
 
Chuckling, Suho let go of you and returned to his previous job.
 
“Anything for you sweetie.”
 
 
 
Once the two of you finished doing the dishes you took Suho’s hand and led him into your room.
 
“Before I change my mind, there’s something I wanted to show you.”
 
Confused, Suho cocked his head to the side but followed you anyways. After reaching your room, Suho stood there awkwardly as you pulled out your sketchbook. You handed the sketchbook over to Suho while speaking,
 
“I promised to show you my drawings and I always keep my promises so yeah… and um… the last page is yours, just don’t laugh okay?”
 
Suho opened the sketchbook, his eyes widening at the artwork inside.
 
“Sweetie, you’re really talented, these are amazing.”
 
Suho is no artist but the precision and detail you put into all of your pieces impressed him. It was like you poured your heart out into every . Suho continued to flip through the pages in awe until he reached the last page.
 
“I-is that me?” Suho traced his fingers over the page and couldn’t help but smile, knowing that you had worked so hard to sketch this. It was almost as if Suho was looking into the mirror, the toothy smile on his face an exact replica of the one on the page in front of him.
 
“Yeah… Do you like it?”
 
“Like it? I love it! You’re so talented sweetie, it’s like I’m looking into a mirror.”
 
“Really?!” Your face brightened, your eyes practically sparkling at how happy Suho looked. “Good cause I adore your smile and would hate to have messed it up or something.”
 
By the time you realized what you had said it was already too late, Suho's usual smile replaced by a teasing one.
 
“You love my smile hey?”
 
“Huh? What?! Umm…”
 
“Aww, don’t be embarrassed sweetie.” Suho set the sketchbook onto your desk and pulled you into a hug. “I love your smile too, and the sound of your laugh, the way you scrunch your eyebrows when you’re confused or how you bite your lips when you’re nervous and how you pout your lips when things don’t go the way you want it to. I love everything about you.”
 
You looked up at Suho and felt your heartbeat race.  Hugging Suho back, you listened to the racing of his heartbeat that matched yours.
 
“I love everything about you too.”