Author's Note and Summary

Forever

Hi Everybody,

First of all, I’d like to apologize for how long this story has taken me to finish. I’ve had a super hectic year and studied abroad in Yonsei this summer. I finished most of the chapters for this story as well a number of my other fanfics before leaving, but the more I looked at them the more I felt like they were terrible. I wanted to do a better job, but I just didn’t have the time to write while studying. So, instead of dragging this out, I’ve decided to do a summary of what the last couple of chapters were supposed to talk about. I’m sorry for disappointing you guys, but I hope that this will be enough information to help you guys understand the last chapter. Alright, so… here we go!

 

In the previous chapters of this story, Chanyeol’s relationship with Soojin as well as his sister, Haemi (you) were starting to get strained because of the problems he’s having with his newfound popularity. People are harassing Soojin, and as the story progresses she starts to receive death threats. Haemi’s “bonding time” with Chanyeol were helpful, but Chanyeol falls into depression when he realizes how much Soojin is hurting because of him. As a result, he starts to distance himself from Soojin at school, and starts to distance himself from you because he doesn’t want to talk about his problems. This goes on for the next year. Chanyeol’s time at High School seems amazing to someone on the outside looking in, but Chanyeol hates it. He hates all this attention and he hates his loss of privacy. As things get tougher, Chanyeol starts to get closer with Suho, confiding in him whenever things get too hard. Suho tries to help Chanyeol to the best of his ability, but as a new musical actor, he’s dealing with his own problems as well. His role as Peter Pan for his debut musical went well, but that only put even more pressure on him for his future auditions. He just can’t seem to surpass the benchmark he set for himself and reaches a slump before he’s even reached the second year of his career.

 

At this time, you’ve gotten busy with school work as well. You’ve noticed your brother and your boyfriend’s struggles, but things are hard for you as well. You try your best to spend as much time with the two of them as possible, but staying up for hours on end completed assignments has taken a toll on both your physical and mental health.

 

Things seem to pick up during Chanyeol’s second year of High School. Soojin joins a couple sports teams and makes a name for herself and the harassment from people saying she isn’t good enough for Chanyeol starts to die down. Suho lands a role in the Lion King and you get an internship as an editor for a publishing company before you’ve even graduated. Chanyeol starts to feel better and begins writing more songs. At one of his performances, he even gets asked to perform at a festival. The only problem is that his performance is on the same day as Suho’s opening night. Seeing you struggle between the two, Suho steps down and assures you that Chanyeol is more important. You attend Chanyeol’s performance, Suho loses focus and injures himself.

After his performance Chanyeol’s popularity at school skyrockets and his more “devoted” fans up their harassment and start bothering Soojin even while Chanyeol is there. Having to see this with his own eyes causes Chanyeol to grow frustrated with his inability to protect his own girlfriend. Old classmates start contacting Chanyeol again. Girls who never showed an interest in him are sending him chocolates and following home. Chanyeol shuts down. He locks himself at home over the weekends and busies himself with music instead. With Suho’s injury though, you start to devote your attention on your boyfriend and miss the signs of depressing that Chanyeol’s actions seem to be sending out. You blamed yourself for Suho’s injury and tend to his every need. Suho loves the attention and grows used to it, making it hurt that much more when your attention goes back to Chanyeol the moment his cast is taken off.

The next couple months for by in a blur. Chanyeol grows more frustrated with his problems and asks Suho for help more frequently. You notice how close Chanyeol has gotten with Suho and feel relieved knowing there’s someone else out there that Chanyeol can trust, someone else out there that cares about Chanyeol just as much as you do.

At this point in the story, we’re reaching the end and I had planned on making a chapter that strictly depicted Suho, Chanyeol, and your life separately. I’d put in snippets of Chanyeol’s thoughts of suicide, Suho’s life at work, and the preparations you have for graduation. You move in with Suho when you graduate. Chanyeol is even more alone than ever once that happens, but you’re unaware of this. As the months go by, Suho’s career starts to pick up and he plans on proposing to you. This is where the main story ends. The next chapter is the final chapter that I had planned from day one. I leave it to you to decide whether or not you believe in the ending as depicted in the upcoming chapter or the first chapter that began this story.