Getting to Know You.

Forever

 

 
Kicking the snow on the floor around, Suho pouted as he reworded his text message over and over again. He wanted to ask you out for another date but he didn’t know what to say. He wants to make sure that you know he’s interested without being too forward. He continued to pace back and forth outside of the literature building, extremely frustrated with himself for taking so long to write a simple message. Before he knew it, you came outside, a cute smile forming on your face from the sight in front of you. You didn’t think that it was possible for a grown man to look so cute but Suho proved you wrong with his pouting lips and scrunched up eyebrows.
 
“Suho-shii?” Suho jumped after you called out his name, he didn’t get to finish his text message... “Sorry, did I scare you?”
 
“Oh hi Haemi-shii, yeah kind of but it’s okay I just wasn’t paying attention that’s all.”
 
“Ahh okay, am I bothering you or anything? You seemed like you were really concentrated on something just now.”
 
“Oh you mean this?” Suho pointed at his phone while talking, forgetting that his half written message is still on the screen. “Don’t worry about it, I just um… yeah it’s nothing.”
 
Your eyes grew when you looked at Suho’s phone, your name on the top left hand corner and a message asking you to go out for hot chocolate right underneath it. The corners of your mouth lifted and your eyes turned into two small crescent moons.
 
“I’d love to.”
 
“Huh? Love to what?” You pointed at his phone and laughed at the look of pure panic on Suho’s face.
 
 
 
 
 
“So… do you want to become a professional artist?” You took a sip of the hot chocolate Suho bought you then shook your head.
 
“Drawing is just a hobby of mine; I actually want to be a writer.” Suho wanted to smack himself, of course you wanted to be a writer of some sort, you’re always in the literature building.
 
“Oh wow really? That’s awesome.”
 
“Haha I guess, I just hope people like my works. How about you Suho-shii?” You didn’t realize how little the two of you knew about each other until Suho started asking you questions. You guys had spent your last hot chocolate date staring at the scenery and being awkward. Oh you two were so very awkward.
 
“Me? Mmm, well I love to sing and dance so hopefully I can become a professional performer one day. If anything I would love to participate in musical productions, I have a great time in the ones at our University.”
 
“Really? I’ll have to hear you sing one day then, I’m sure you’re amazing.” Suho’s cheeks flushed and he grew embarrassed.
 
“I-I’m alright I guess, but if you like I’ll sing for you next time. In return, um… can I look at your sketchbook? I’m not much of an artist and you seem to be really into it.” This time your cheeks grew pink, there is no way you could let him see your sketchbook, there are pages with his face on them.
 
“Yeah of course I’ll show you my sketchbook when you sing for me.”  I’ll have to get another sketchbook to show him…
 
“Alright deal.”
 
The two of you continued to make small talk, learning about one another as well as cracking jokes every now and then. Half an hour had passed when your phone started to vibrate.
 
“Sorry Suho-shii just a second, I’m just gonna check my messages.” You took your phone out from your pocket and looked through it.
 
“Noona, I need help with algebra! My friends are of no help to me whatsoever. Please tell me you’re planning to come home soon.”
 
You chuckled and quickly texted him back.
 
“I’ll be home soon so skip over the questions you don’t know for now or do homework from your other classes first.”
 
Suho watched as you smiled while you texted, does she have a boyfriend already?
 
“Sorry Suho-shii, I have to go now my brother needs me to help him with algebra.” Oh, she was texting her brother… what did she say his name was again? Chanyeol?
 
“Oh okay, that’s fine. If you want, I can walk you home.”
 
“It’s really cold out, are you sure you want to walk me home then head home on your own Suho-shii?”
 
“Yeah it’s fine, I really should have driven but I like walking around so if you don’t mind…” Suho waited for your answer, his heart rate increasing as the seconds passed by.
 
“Alright then! That’s really sweet of you Suho-shii.” The two of you put your coats back on and left the café, heading to your place. You stuffed your hands into your pocket due to the cold and felt the two tickets again.
 
“Hey Suho-shii, are you busy this Friday?”
 
“Mmm nope, not this Friday, why?” Is she asking me out on a date???
 
“Well there’s this art exhibition that I want to go to on Friday but my dad bailed on me last minute.” You pulled the two tickets out and showed him. “It’s quite a ways from school though so it’s fine if you can’t.”
 
“Sounds like a plan. I’m completely free Friday.”
 
“Really?!” You beamed and grew excited, not only are you going to spend more time with Suho but you’re actually going to the art exhibition now.
 
“Yeah, I think it’ll be fun.”
 
“Ahh thank you Suho-shii!” You gave him a giant hug without thinking. 
 
“Y-you’re welcome, it’s nothing really.” Suho grew flustered at your sudden hug. 
 
 
 
 
 
When the two of you finally reached your house, Suho stood at the doorsteps awkwardly unsure of what to do.
 
“Um, I had a lot of fun today… I guess I’ll see you Friday if we don’t see each other on campus again.” You bit your lip nervously and agreed.
 
“Yeah, me too, I’ll see you Friday then…And umm Suho-shii… do you um... would you mind if we dropped the honorifics? I mean, since we’re friends and all now right?”
 
“Dropping the honorifics? Yeah, okay, let’s to that then Haemi.” You smiled then waved goodbye to Suho.
 
“Okay then, bye Suho oppa, get home safely!” Suho couldn’t believe his ears, the way you called him oppa was absolutely adorable. Why is everything that you do so precious?
 
“Bye Haemi.”