The Park Siblings

Forever
Suho’s 12 o’clock  practice got cancelled today, so he showed up at the end of your Sociology class with two frozen hot chocolates to surprise you.
 
“Hey sweetie.”
 
“Suho?” You looked down at your watch, it’s already twelve thirty, “Don’t you have practice?”
 
“Nope, it was cancelled and I don’t have any assignments for my classes at school either.”
 
“Really?” Your eyes brightened and your threw your arms around Suho’s neck, almost knocking the drinks out of his hands in the process.
 
“Yep, so I went to get you this to power you up,”Suho hands you one of the plastic cups in his hand, “I know how much you hate morning classes so I got this to cheer you up.”
 
“Aww, thank you.” You pecked Suho on the lips then took a large gulp of the frozen hot chocolate. “Ahh”
 
Suho’s lips curved upwards at your cute antics. “I missed you sweetie.”
 
“I missed you too.”
 
“How about the two of us go grab some lunch before I drop you off at work?” Suho took your hand in his then walked you to his car.
 
“Sounds good to me.”
 
The two of you spend the next half an hour eating at the cafe where you first met. Suho told you all about the improvements he’s been making while you complain about your crazy World Literature professor.
 
“I thought you said you liked that class?”
 
“I do, but my prof is crazy, I swear he hates me or something.”
 
“Oh don’t be silly sweetie, who could hate you?”
 
You scrunched up your nose and pouted. “No, you don’t get it, he’s always calling on me when he asks us difficult questions and left comments like ‘could be better’ on my first essay.”
 
“It’s okay, I’m sure you’ll do fine, you always do.”
 
You sighed, but decided to drop the topic. “I guess…”
 
“Other than your crazy professor, is there anything else new that I’ve been missing out on? We haven’t spent much time together lately.”
 
“Well…” You took a sip of your iced tea rested your head onto your hands, “Channies been having some problems at school and got angry at my last week.”
 
“Really?” Suho leaned forward, perplexed by what you just told him. Chanyeol never gets angry with you.
 
“Yeah, some girls have been pestering him and I didn’t realize just how bad it was. I was telling him to read the letters they send him and he was getting frustrated since those girls don’t leave him alone and I just had to go and make it worse.”
 
“Don’t be like that sweetie, you were just trying to help. Why don’t you try cheering him up? I’ll bet he’s been stressed because of the new High School environment too. When was the last time the two of you did something together on your own?”
 
You thought about it for a minute and realized that it really has been a while. Ever since you met Suho and Chanyeol started to date Soojin, the two of you have spent less sibling bonding time together.
 
“That’s a wonderful idea Suho, you’re the best!”
 
“I know sweetie.” Suho chuckled when your eye smile turned into two small slits. “Come on, lets get you to work.”
 

 
“Yeollie…” Soojin stopped walking and looked down at her feet, her voice coming out no louder than a softer whisper.
 
“Hmm?” Chanyeol turned to face Soojin with a smile, but his smile disappeared  immediately when he realized that something seemed off. “Hey, what’s wrong? Did something happened at school today?”
 
Soojin shook her head and kept her eyes down. She then took in a deep breath and looked up at Chanyeol. “Maybe, maybe we should take a break.” Soojin bit her lips and held back her tears. “You know, just until things die down a little bit?”
 
Chanyeol’s hold on Soojin’s hand loosened and their interlaced fingers separated. “W-what?”
 
Soojin reached forward and grabbed the hem of Chanyeol’s shirt when he started to step away. “I still want to be with you, I just think we need some time to ourselves.”
 
“W-why? Was it Saera again?!” Chanyeol turned his body around and gripped Soojin’s shoulders as he stared at her with wide eyes. A break? Chanyeol doesn’t need a break right now.
 
Soojin winced. “Yeollie, stop it, you’re hurting me.”
 
“I-I I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…”
 
“I know… Don’t be sorry Yeollie. I’m just… I’m getting really stressed with adapting to High School you know? I didn’t do well on my first couple of exams and my parents aren’t really happy about that. They think it’s cause I’m spending too much time with you.” Soojin took Chanyeol’s right hand and cupped her two smaller one’s around it. “We just have to wait until I bring my grades up okay?”
 
Chanyeol couldn’t imagine spending time away from Soojin, but if this is what she wants, then Chanyeol won’t say no. “What do you mean by time off though?”
 
“We can’t go on dates, you can’t just appear at my house in the mornings before school and you can’t call me right after dinner randomly. Not until I tell you it’s alright.”
 
Chanyeol frowned. “Can I walk you home after school and text you good morning and good night at least?”
 
“You can’t walk me home after today cause my mom will be watching, but I’m pretty sure she won’t be checking my phone.”
 
“Better than nothing I guess. I’ll just have to make the most out of today then.” Chanyeol smiled and held your hands again.
 
The two youngsters took the long way to Soojin’s house and parted ways reluctantly. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Soojin and kissed her forehead.
 
“I’ll miss you.”
 
“I’ll miss you too.” Soojin got up on her tiptoes and pecked Chanyeol on the lips. “Bye.”
 
Chanyeol stood around Soojin’s driveway awkwardly, not leaving until Soojin reached her room and opened the window to shoo him away.
 
“Yeollie, it’s getting cold out, you have to go home. Haemi unnie is going to get worried.”
 
“Fine, work hard okay? I don’t think I can last long without you.”
 
“I will. Now hurry and go! My dad will be home soon.”
 
With a pout on his face, Chanyeol waved Soojin goodbye one last time and started to head home. Chanyeol was unhappy but he knows that things will be okay soon. Soojin has never had any problems with school before. What Chanyeol doesn’t know though, is that Saera had been watching his exchange with Soojin the entire time. What Chanyeol doesn’t know is that most of her female classmates refuse to work with her during their group projects. That Soojin signed up for several clubs, but dropped out of every single one of them because it was too hard for her to pretend that she was alright with everybody ostracizing her. That the only friends Soojin has at school, is the handful of classmates who went to Junior High School with them.

 
 
“I’m home...” Chanyeol took off his shoes and dropped his backpack onto the floor.
 
“Hey Channie, how was school? You’re a little late today.” You left the kitchen and walked over to the front door.
 
“It was okay…” Chanyeol followed you inside, and took a seat on the dining table, eyeing the apron tied around your waist. “Are you cooking again today?”
 
“Yeah, omma and appa have another banquet to attend tonight. Why? Don’t like my cooking?” You smiled teasingly at Chanyeol and ed the chopsticks in your hand towards his face.
 
“Haha no, I love your cooking noona, I just haven’t seen omma or appa in a while.”
 
You set the chopsticks down and ruffled Chanyeol’s hair. “Aww, does our Channie miss his mummy and daddy?”
 
Chanyeol scowled and pushed your hand away jokingly. “Noonaaa, my hair!”
 
“Oh hush Channie, your hair looks fine.” Laughing, you ran your fingers through Chanyeol’s hair one more time before going back to beating the eggs. “But maybe not anymore.”
 
“Ehh, you noona.”
 
You placed your hand on your chest and feigned a hurt expression. “How could you Channie? And to think I was going to make your favourite Gaeran Mari (rolled egg omelette) and Kimchi Jigae (Kimchi and tofu stew) for dinner tonight! Maybe I’ll just toss yesterday’s leftovers in a pan with the eggs and make fried rice instead...”
 
“What?! No! You know I love you right noona?” Chanyeol placed his hands below his chin and batted his eyelashes quickly.
 
“Riiight.” You finished up with the mixture then went over to the stove, making sure the stew was cooking up nicely. “Don’t you have homework to do?”
 
“No, I’ve got my some unit finals coming up, so I just have to study for those but they’re not too bad.”
 
“Shouldn’t you be studying then?”
 
Chanyeol smiled cheekily at you. “Nope, that’s what Sunday is for, I want to spend my weekend lazing around doing nothing.”
 
You wagged your pointer from side to side and tsked your younger brother. “Not a good habit to have Channie. And lazing around? No date with Soojin this weekend?”
 
Chanyeol frowned and shook his head. “Nah, she needs to study.”
 
Awesome, now you can commence your ‘Park Sibling Bonding Time’ plan.
 
“Hmm, well how about we have an old fashioned movie night? Just you, me, tons of junk food and a disney movie after I come home from work tomorrow. How does that sound?”

“Wonderful.”