Congratulations.

Forever

Pacing back and forth backstage, Suho’s heart was beating hard against his chest while his hands were clammy from how hard he was sweating. He tried taking in deep breaths to calm down, but it wasn’t working. He’s never been this nervous for an audition before.

 

“Kim Joon Myun?”

 

Suho’s head whipped up at the sound of his name. “Th-that’s me.”

 

“You’re up next.” The women with the clipboard smiled and walked away after checking off his name.

 

Suho felt his already racing heartbeat speed up even more. He was sweating profusely and his hands started to tremble as well. He walked up on stage and gulped at the intimidating stares of the judges.

 

"Hi," Suho bowed and took in another deep breath, "my name is Kim Joon Myun and I'll be singing Don't Say Goodbye."

 

Suho’s eyes closed as he poured his heart and soul out into the song.



 

After work, you walked into your house to the scene of Chanyeol and Suho playing video games in your living room. Chanyeol’s tongue stuck out to the right, while he pounded on the buttons of his controller. Suho on the other hand, is composed as he pressed the buttons of his controller quickly.

 

“Take THAT combo hyung! Your Ryu is not match for my Chun-Li!”

 

“Umm…”

 

At the sound of your voice, Suho looked up at you then paused the game, earning a loud groan then complaint from Chanyeol.

 

“Hey!” Chanyeol pouted then dropped his controller onto the floor and pointed at Suho accusingly. “I was beating you hyung, you can’t just do that!”

 

“Welcome home sweetie.”

 

“Huh?” Chanyeol looked over at where Suho had been staring at and wiped the pout off his face immediately. “Oh, hi noona! how was work?”

 

“It was fine Channie, and what are you doing here Suho? Isn’t your audition today?”

 

“It ended early.” Suho shrugged and got up to his feet. “They picked me and some other guy named Jongdae for the role of Peter Pan on the spot.”

 

Your eyes widened in shock, “Really?!”. Your threw your arms around Suho and gave him a quick kiss. “Congratulations! I knew you could do it!”

 

Suho chuckled and returned your kiss with another, “thank you sweetie.” Suho s his arms around your waist and pecked you on the nose as well.

 

Chanyeol can be heard gagging in the background, but the two of you ignored him.

 

You looked up at Suho lovingly before speaking again. “When’s your first show?”

 

“They don’t have a set date yet, but from what I know it’ll be about six months from now. After they have the final cast picked out and the set completed along with our practices and rehearsals scheduled, they’ll post up a tentative date. I don’t know if I’ll be getting the opening show since Jongdae is an amazing singer, but I’m just glad that I’m a part of the main cast.”

 

“You’re amazing too Suho, or else they wouldn’t have chosen you on the spot! This is so exciting, you’re going to be the perfect Peter Pan okay? I just know it.”

 

“Thanks sweetie. I’m excited too, but this also means that we won’t get to spend as much time together. I’ll be really busy since it’s the last year of my degree and I’ll have to attend the rehearsals for the school plays in addition to the rehearsals for Peter Pan.” Suho looked down at you and swiped your bangs away from your eyes. “Is that alright with you?”

 

“That’s okay, your education and career comes first. I’ll come visit you during your practices when I miss you.”

 

“Aww, you’re the best sweetie.”

 

“Just don’t forget me when you’re singing and dancing with the girls playing Wendy and Tinkerbell okay? You’ll die a slow and horrible death,” Your head turned to face Chanyeol as you continued to speak,“courtesy of Channie over there if you do.”

 

At the mention of his name, Chanyeol’s eyes squinted while his hands pointed towards Suho than towards his own eyes. “I’ll be watching you hyung!”

 

The three of you burst into laughter seconds later.

 

“Don’t worry sweetie, no one else but you catches my eyes.”

 

Your face scrunches up and you stick your tongue out. “Gross, my boyfriend is a cheeseball.”

 

“Stop pretending you don’t like cheese noona.”

 

You removed yourself from Chanyeol’s embrace and hopped over to the living room where Chanyeol is situated.

 

“Yah! No one asked for your opinion Channie, get back here!”

 

Suho watched the scene before him in amusement, he’ll never get tired of the cute way that you and Chanyeol interact with one another.



 

The next couple months passed by in a blur. Your days consisted of long days at work,  getting back into the swing of things as school started again and late night phone calls with Suho. His voice sounded strained and exhausted by the third month and left you with no choice but to ban him from calling you and switched to text messages instead. By the fifth month, you had gone to visit him a couple times, but it wasn’t the same. You missed sitting next to Suho in the mornings as he drove you to school, you missed his hugs and you missed his cheesiness. It didn’t help that Chanyeol was having a hard time at school as well. No, he wasn’t getting bullied, he was getting too much attention. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo were forced to perform during orientation and needless to say, people loved them. They were quickly dubbed the school’s golden trio and had girls confessing to them left and right. Baekhyun didn’t mind the attention and learned to ignore the shrill screams and daily confessions, but Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were less than thrilled. The girls completely disregarded the fact that Kyungsoo wasn’t interested and that Chanyeol already had a girlfriend. As a result, his relationship with Soojin was strained. No matter how many times he rejected someone, another girl would appear at his locker a week later. It had gotten to the point where Chanyeol was contemplating on dropping some of his gigs that the three of them received, but that would be unfair to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. They were actually making a name for themselves and performed at school dances, festivals and even charity events, it wouldn’t be right for Chanyeol to reject these offers.

 

“Channie, there’s another letter for you, I think it’s from the same girl who sent you cookies last week, her name looks familiar.”

 

“Burn it.” Chanyeol didn’t even look up from his homework and continued to fix the grammar on his English as you walked over.

 

“Channie, that’s not nice.”

 

“Well, it isn’t nice to follow me around at school and stalk me to get my address either.”

 

You sighed and placed the letter next to his textbook. “Have you even read her letters?”

 

Chanyeol glanced at the envelope quickly, took note of the name, confirmed that it was, in fact, Saera that sent him another letter, then brought his attention back to his assignment. “No.”

 

“Why not? You’ve read everybody elses.”

 

“Cause she’s crazy and threatened Soojin to break up with me.

 

“What? That’s terrible! Have you tried talking to her or telling the school counselor?”

 

Annoyed, Chanyeol put his pencil down then faced you, eyes cold. “Yes, I’ve talked to her and I’ve told the counsellor, but nothing I say works and my counselor thinks I’m being a big baby. You don’t get it noona, she’s crazy and the school doesn’t care. Can I just go back to doing my homework now?”

 

Shocked, you stepped back and decided to give your younger brother some space. “Sorry Channie, I didn’t know. I didn’t mean to pester you…” You made your way towards your room and pulled your phone out, but shook your head and shoved it back into your pocket. You didn’t want to bother Suho with this.


Chanyeol regretted his actions and wished he hadn’t snapped at you the moment you walked away.