Kim Joon Myun.

Forever

 

 
Suho felt his heartache at the fragile girl who had fallen asleep with her head resting on his shoulders. Your tearstained face and furrowed eyebrows an indication that even while dreaming you were in distress. Suho brought his hand up and wiped the tears on your face to the best of his ability without waking you. The two of you ended up sitting in front of Chanyeol’s room while waiting for you parents to arrive. You tried your best to stay strong and stop crying while Suho attempted to comfort you. Before you knew it, your eyelids had grown heavy and your exhausted self took refuge on Suho’s strong shoulders.
 
Your phone began to ring, startling Suho in the process. Although your phone was resting on your lap, you did nothing more than stir slightly in your sleep. You were that exhausted. Taking the phone out of your hands lightly, Suho let out a sigh of relief that it hadn’t woken you up when you nuzzled even closer to him. Suho knew he shouldn’t be answering your phone call without your permission but he didn’t want to wake you up either. Taking in a deep breath Suho pressed answer.
 
“Hello?”
 
“YAH HAEMI! WHERE ARE YOU AN- Wait… that didn’t sound like Haemi… Who are you?”
 
“Ah sorry, I’m Haemi’s friend.”
 
“GAHH! You must be that guy she keeps daydreaming about! Are you two on a date?! Tell her to pick up the phone! She was supposed to be at work three hours ago!” Suho cringed at the angry voice that spoke over the phone, she must be her manager. He felt his heart race at the daydreaming part but knew it wasn’t the time for that right now.
 
“Sorry, I should have known to call earlier since Haemi had told me about having to go to work today. Her younger brother was involved in an accident and we’re at the hospital right now, she fell asleep due to her exhaustion from such a hectic day. I really hope you won’t punish her for this mishap.” Suho could hear deep breathing on the other lined and waited for her to answer.
 
“Tell Haemi, Kyungmi wishes her the best and that she can take the week off. Thank you ummm
 
Suho.”
 
“Thank you for letting me know Suho-shii. And… Take care of Haemi for me alright? She’s not as strong as everybody thinks she is.”
 
“I-I will, don’t worry about a thing.”
 
“Alright then, good night Suho-shii.”
 
“Um, goodnight to you as well Kyungmi-shii.”
 
The other line went dead before Suho set Haemi’s phone down. He placed the phone back into your hand softly then took another look at your depressed features. I’ll take care of you Haemi, don’t worry about a thing. I’m your prince in shining armor. Suho leaned down and pressed a soft kiss against your forehead. He brushed your bangs out of your face and stared at you intently only for the clearing of someone’s throat to scare him from his trance. He looks up and sees two people standing before him, the female giving him a look of approval and the male one of disapproval. He didn’t know what to say as the male took a step forward and towered over him.
 
“I’ve got her, you can go now.” Suho looked up at the man whom he is certain is Haemi’s father and watched as he took a seat on the other side of Haemi, moving her head to rest against his shoulders.
 
“Honey, that isn’t how you should be treating one of Haemi’s friends. Especially not one who has obviously been comforting her before we could get here.” Suho smiled appreciatively at Haemi’s mother but got up anyways, bowing a full ninety degrees before grabbing his things.
 
“No, no it’s alright, I understand. I guess I’ll take my leave now.” Suho bowed again then turned around to leave but stopped when Haemi’s father called out to him.
 
“Wait, son. What’s your name?”
 
“Oh… People call my Suho but my name is Joonmyun sir, Kim Joon Myun.”
 
“Well, Joonmyun thank you for taking care of my little girl. I apologize for my behaviour earlier, I wasn’t sure if you had any ill intentions but your attitude and gesture just now tells me otherwise.” Suho smiled awkwardly as Haemi’s mother looked him up and down.
 
“Ah you’re welcome sir, it was nothing really. I hope everything goes well. From what Haemi tells me, Chanyeol wouldn’t let something like this hold him back.” Haemi’s father looked at Suho before nodding his head in approval.
 
“Alright then, you should probably go home now. Your parents are probably worried.”
 
“Ah, yes. I’ll be going now then sir.” Suho turned around and headed for the entrance, cursing himself for his incredible hearing. Eavesdropping is wrong but he couldn’t stop the fact that his ears are sensitive and was able to pick up a bit of Haemi’s parents conversation before he got outside.
 
“He seems like a nice young man honey, I think he likes Haemi!”
 
“Calm down, Haemi’s still too young to be thinking about dating.”
 
“You can’t deny that he’s a gentleman though! He took care of her all this time.”
 
“No, I can’t deny that but that doesn’t mean I want him dating my daughter yet either.”
 
“Omo! You said yet honey! Our little girl is growing up and needs a love life too!”
 
“Can we not talk about this right now? We’re going to wake her up.”
 
“Stop trying to change the topic!”
 
“Shhhhhh!”
 
 
Suho couldn’t help but smile while walking to his car. If what Haemi’s manager said was true then Haemi might actually feel the same way that Suho feels. On top of that, he seems to be on Haemi’s parent’s good side already. Although the day was far from perfect due to the chaos that occurred, Suho reminded himself to treat Chanyeol to dukboki or whatever it is that teenage boys liked for helping him and Haemi get closer.