Family Bonding Time.

Forever
 
With the University in sight, Suho turned into the parking lot behind the literature building and parked his car quickly.
 
“Oh, why aren’t you parked next to the fine arts building?”
 
“We took a little too long with the boys earlier…” Suho pointed at the time on his watch and laughed when your eyes bulged.
 
“Ah, I’m gonna be late!” You gave Suho a quick kiss then ran to class. “I’ll see you later! Thank You!”
 
“Have fun in class sweetie!”
 
 
 
Your day went by quickly; you were busy and occupied with an enormous amount of essays, reports and group projects. Now that the end of the semester is quickly approaching, your professors all seemed to be in a rush to fit in last minute assignments. With a heavy sigh, you stuffed yet another assignment into your bag headed out of the classroom. As you stepped out the doors, you were greeted by Suho with his signature smile and two drinks in his hands; the dejected expression that was sitting on your face only moments ago brightening up immediately.
 
“My classes ended early since we only have our final performances left and well, my team has had enough practice for the day. Thought I’d grab you some hazelnut hot chocolate.”
 
Taking the drink from his hand you took a sip and felt a soft tug at the corner of your lips and eyes.
 
“Thanks Suho, this is just the pick me up I needed.”
 
“Long day?”
 
“Sadly…”
 
“Aww my poor baby, let Suho oppa make it better?” Laughing, Suho held your hand and walked to the parking lot with you, swinging your hands the entire time.
 
“Mmn I know it’s only Monday but I like planning ahead, are you busy this Saturday sweetie?”
 
“Not that I know of.”
 
The two of you reached the parking lot in a couple of minutes. Suho let go of your hand and opened the door to the passenger seat for you then quickly got into the driver’s seat.
 
“Do you want to come over to my place for dinner then? Mina’s been asking about you.”
 
“Oh I’d love to. Your aunt and uncle are really nice and Mina is adorable.”
 
“Perfect, I’ll let them know then. And I’ll be sure to get you home early since I’m sure you’ve got a pile of assignments waiting for you as we speak.” You shuttered at the thought.
 
“Don’t remind me.”
 
“Haha sorry sweetie, let’s go get Chanyeol now then shall we?”
 
 
 
With only two weeks left of the semester, both you and Suho have gotten extremely busy, the date you had planned for Saturday ended up being postponed as well.
 
“Sorry Suho, this paper is taking me way longer to write than I expected.” You could practically see the frown on his face over the phone.
 
“It’s okay sweetie, your studies come first. It’s a good idea for me to get some extra practice in for my solo performance before my final exams as well. I’ll see you Monday when I come pick you up then?”
 
“Mm well Chanyeol’s pretty much recovered now but, I wouldn’t mind you coming to get us if you’re okay with it.”
 
“Haha of course I don’t mind. Alright, I’ll let you get back to your paper then, love you.”
 
“Love you too Suho.”
 
You set your cellphone down and stared at the pile of paper and stack of textbooks sitting on your desk. You’d much rather be at Suho’s place, spending some time with him and his family but duty calls. A loud groan escaped your lips and you opened up your laptop and started to type away.
 
 
 
Completely immersed in the contents of your Linguistics textbook, you didn’t realize that someone was knocking on your door until you heard Chanyeol’s voice.
 
“Noona? Hello?!” You got up right away and opened the door.
 
“Hey Channie, what’s up?”
 
“Omma made us some soup since we’re stressed with exams lately.”
 
“Oh okay, give me a second.” You went over to your laptop and made sure everything was saved then placed a sticky note in your textbook to save your place before making your way to the kitchen with Chanyeol. You really needed a break right now so the timing was perfect.
 
“Where’s omma?”
 
“Oh, she’s sleeping. She came to my room two hours ago telling me to check on the soup every twenty minutes until eleven then to go and get you. She was gonna tell you to do it but apparently you were buried in your homework and I looked like a lazy bum…” You laughed at Chanyeol’s protruding lips and shook your head.
 
“Well, what were you doing when she went into your room?”
 
“Taking a nap…”
 
“Oh jeeze Channie, you need to study! Your exams are coming up as well.”
 
“I was studying! I just needed a break. You know how I am with algebra; all those letters just mess with my head!”
 
“Okay okay, now sit. I’ll go get the soup, you’re still recovering.”
 
“Thanks noona.”Chanyeol grabbed a seat at the kitchen counter while you got two bowls of carrot, corn and barely soup for the two of you. You set the bowls down then sat down in front of Chanyeol.
 
“So, how has your week been? I feel like I haven’t talked to you in forever… Heck, I don’t think I’ve done much other than study and work on my assignments this week.”
 
Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders and took a sip of his soup.
 
“The usual.” Your eyebrows rose at his gesture, that’s odd…
 
“Is something the matter Channie?”
 
“No, everything’s perfectly fine.” You frowned at the soft tone in your usually energetic brother’s voice.
 
“Are you sure? You can tell noona.”
 
“Yeah I’m sure, it’s no big deal…”
 
“Okay then, but if you change your mind, I’m here to listen.”
 
“I know, don’t worry about it.”
 
The two of you drank your soup in silence for the next two minutes until an idea popped into your head.
 
“Hey, the semesters over in two weeks, how about we invite some of your friends over and celebrate? Your leg is better now as well so we can celebrate both things together.” Chanyeol’s mood seemed to lift at that thought.
 
“That’s a good idea, the guys haven’t been here in a while.”
 
“Yeah, we can make turkey burgers, lobster salad, and my famous oreo cake that you guys love so much.”
 
“Oreo cake?! Oh my god, the guys are gonna love it.”
 
“Haha, yeah just tell them to come for dinner on Saturday once school ends, I’ll get everything ready.”
 
“Okay, that sounds good noona but are you sure you can get everything ready by Saturday, your exams end on the Friday… You seem so stressed with your assignments too, wouldn’t want you overworking yourself.”
 
“Haha don’t worry about it! I can get all the food ready in less than half a day.”
 
“Okay then! Oh and you should invite Suho hyung too then, you probably miss him since you guys haven’t been able to spend time together. That’s why you look a little down lately too right?”
 
“Aww Channie, is that what you were worrying about?” Chanyeol took another sip of his soup and shook his head.
 
“N-no… you just looked kinda sad and I didn’t know what to do and…”
 
“Aww don’t be embarrassed! I worry about you too you know?”
 
“Okay fine, it’s partly that and something else too but it’s nothing I can’t figure out on my own.”
 
“Look at my baby brother, all grown up and worrying about his noona.” You got up from your seat and hugged Chanyeol, his hair in a motherly manner.
 
“Noona~~~”
 
“Can’t you just let me bask in this wonderful moment?” Chanyeol rolled his eyes but returned your hug anyway.