Good times.

Forever
Chanyeol’s friends arrived right on time, the food has been set up on the table, and the burgers are freshly out of the oven.

“You know, I’ve never seen anyone else cook their burgers in an oven.” Baekhyun peeked over your shoulders and eyed your homemade patties.

“It’s healthier that way Baeky.”

“I know… but how do they taste?”

“Are you doubting my skills?”
 
“No! Of course not, I wouldn’t dare doubt you noona. I was just wondering that’s all.”
 
“Haha, Baek, you’re going to offend Haemi noona if you keep asking her questions. I’m sure they’ll taste amazing as always.”
 
“Thank you Kyungsoo.”
 
Flashing you a bright smile, Kyungsoo got up from his seat in front of the kitchen island, and made his way towards you. Baekhyun gave the younger a quick glare before retreating to the living room.
 
“ up.”
 
“I heard that.”
 
“Good.”
 
Kyungsoo then returned Baekhyun’s glare before facing you with a smile. “Do you need any help noona?”
 
“Nope, I’m just about finished. How about you get everybody to the table instead? We can do some catching up and start eating while we wait for Jongin to get here.”
 
“Okay!” As always, the usually shy Kyungsoo suddenly transforms into a loud mouth the moment he’s with the people he’s comfortable with. “GUYS! Get into kitchen, foods almost ready!”
 
You grabbed a bag of buns and set on patty onto each plate, then kept three in the oven to keep warm for Jongin and those who might want seconds.
 
“Wah, it smells delicious unnie.” Soojin was helping Suho pour the drinks into everyone’s cups and came over the moment she was done. “I’ll help you with the veggies.”
 
“Thanks Soojin. Oh! And make sure to leave the cucumbers out of one of them, you know how Baekhyun gets.”
 
“You’re welcome, and no worries, I’ll be sure to leave those out haha. It’s really great how you got this all together for Chanyeol. It makes me wish I had an older sister like you too.”
 
“Haha, aww that’s really sweet of you to say. The kid is lucky to have great friends like you guys as well you know? All he needs now is a girlfriend who can control his childish ways.” You gave Soojin a small wink and chucked when she blushed.
 
“R-right… Um, I’ll go and put these down now.”
 
Suho noticed Soojin’s flustered expression and looked over at you, laughing when you pointed at Soojin and Chanyeol while making a heart with your hands. Suho got the cue immediately and got off his chair to take the vacant one in front of Chanyeol instead, leaving the one next to the giant child empty. You took a seat next to Suho after setting the food down and cheered inwardly when Baekhyun and Kyungsoo caught on as well. Kyungsoo sat to the left of Chanyeol while Baekhyun sat in front of Kyungsoo. Soojin was left with no choice but to take a seat next to Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiled meekly at Soojin while the female had trouble meeting his eyes.
 
Observing the awkward atmosphere between Soojin and Chanyeol, you clasped your hands together and directed the attention away from the pair. “Alright, let’s eat guys!” You took a bite out of your burger, letting the savoury taste of ground turkey, cilantro, and cayenne cover your taste buds.
 
Whereas, Kyungsoo filled his plate with your homemade spinach dip, Baekhyun grabbed the potato salad by giant spoonfuls.
 
“Holy noona, you’re cooking skills have gotten even better! Can you send me the recipe for this or teach me when you have some time?”
 
“Of course Kyungsoo!”
 
“Really?! You’re the best!” Kyungsoo’s eyes turned into two small slits as his excitement grew.
 
“Yah Soo, are you still crushing on my noona? She has a boyfriend now you know.” Chanyeol spoke aimlessly, not really expecting a reaction from the elder.
 
“What?! I don’t know what you’re talking about. You know how I like to cook! Haemi noona just so happens to be a great cook that I like learning from.” Kyungsoo turned to face you and tried to convince you that Chanyeol was making things up. “Don’t listen to Yeol, noona.” He then looked at Suho with a pleading expression. “I’m not a threat Suho hyung!” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he began to panic.
 
“Woah, calm down Soo. I was just joking, but it looks like I hit the jackpot.” Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows and laughed when Kyungsoo’s expression fell.
 
“Oh shut it Channie. Kyungsoo is always like that when you guys take him by surprise. Right Kyungsoo?” You smiled at the younger while Kyungsoo nodded his head at your question.  
 
“I know noona, I was just playing.” You shook your head at your brother and returned to your food. “While we’re at it though, remember when we told Kyungsoo that the new house he moved into was haunted?”
 
“Yes! He ended up sleeping over at my house, then crashed at Jongin’s for a couple nights and took over Chanyeol’s room before Haemi noona finally convinced him it was safe to go back to his own place.” Baekhyun scooped more potatoes onto his plate as he spoke, then laughed when Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.  
 
“Seriously guys, I was like ten.”
 
“Still! You should have seen your face when we first told you about the ghosts hiding in your basement. Priceless man, just priceless.” Kyungsoo’s groaned then pulled Chanyeol into a headlock at his remark.
 
“Ahh I’m sorry, I surrender, I surrender!”
 
You laughed as the guys continued to fool around and talk about their past stories. You looked over at Suho and was glad that despite not knowing the boys too well, he was still enjoying himself.
 
“Oh! I’ve got a question for Suho hyung. How did you meet Haemi noona?”
 
“Ughh no, Soo, you do not want to hear that story.”
 
“Aww why not Chanyeol? I want to hear know too. I’m sure it was a really cute encounter, Suho-ssi seems like a romantic guy.” Soojin, had a dreamy look in her eyes and Chanyeol found himself growing flustered.
 
“Huh? What? Right, um yeah… I’m pretty romantic too. I mean um, Suho hyung wouldn’t mind telling the story, right hyung?”
 
The entire table held in their laughter to the best of their abilities, watching Chanyeol as he fidgeted and played with his food.
 
“Right. But the story is pretty long, are you sure you guys want to hear it?”
 
“Yeah! If that’s alright with Haemi unnie.”
 
“Haha of course it is! Let’s wait till Jongin gets here first though. That kid is such a softie, I’m sure he’d love to hear this.”
 
Arriving right on time, the doorbell rang right after you mentioned Jongin. Chanyeol got up right away and opened up the door to greet his friend.
 
“Hey, how was dance practice?”
 
Jongin shrugged as he replied. “The usual. Sorry for being late though, I really had to shower.”
 
“Don’t worry bout it, there’s still tons of food.”
 
“K, that’s good cause I’m literally starving.” Jongin followed Chanyeol inside and put his coat away.
After seeing Jongin, you got up and took out the patties you left in the oven. Suho got up as well, grabbing a chair for the latecomer.
 
“Thanks noona and um... noona’s boyfriend. Sorry, I don’t know your name.” Jongin scratched the back of his head uneasily and remained standing.
 
“Oh right! I haven’t formally introduced the two of you yet! Suho, this is Jongin and Jongin, this is Suho.”
 
“Oh, okay. That’s a pretty cool name, it’s Suho as in guardian right?”
 
“Haha yeah, I’m the oldest amongst my friends so they started calling me that and it just kind of stuck.My real name is Joonmyun.”
 
“Nice, I have a nickname too, but only the people at dance call me Kai.”  
 
“Kai?”
 
“Yeah, it means open in Mandarin.”
 
Jongin and Suho didn’t even realize they were still standing till you spoke up. “Well, it looks like the two of you are getting along just fine, but how about you guys sit down so Jongin can eat while you talk?”
 
“Right, thanks noona.” Jongin sat down and spotted the two burgers already on his plate. He took a bit out of one immediately, barely swallowing the first bite before taking another one.
 
“Woah, slow down. Did you like not eat anything today?” Kyungsoo looked at his half-finished burger, and almost felt obligated to give that to the starving Jongin.
 
“Rell irf yo-”
 
“Gross Jongin, swallow your food first.” Baekhyun stared at the younger in disgust, shaking his head at the sesame seed stuck on his chin.
 
Kyungsoo sighed and passed Jongin a cup of fruit punch to wash down the burger.
 
“Thanks hyung. And as I was saying, you’d be hungry too if you had to do over fifty pirouettes and twenty something grand pliés in a row Baek.” 
 
“No idea what you’re talking about bro. Oh and it’s hyung to you.”
 
“Ughh, nevermind…You hyung.”
 
Suho leaned slightly towards you during Jongin and Baekhyun’s bickering and spoke soft enough so that only you could hear him.
 
“Your brother’s friends are hilarious; I can definitely see why you like spending time with them.”
 
“I know right? They’re such good kids too.”
 
“Yeah, and about Kyungsoo crushing on you… That was a joke right?”
 
“I didn’t think you’d be the jealous type Suho.” A grin emerged on your face as you poked fun at Suho.
 
“What? No, I was just wondering that’s all…”
 
“Haha I’m just playing! Of course the boys were kidding; they’re all like family to me. Plus, I know something about a certain girl that Kyungsoo likes. He didn’t tell anybody else since he wanted me to help him out first; the girl is a younger sister of my classmates, Saera. And I mean, just look at boys, they’d probably end up giving Kyungsoo the worst advice.”
 
“Oh...”
 
“Yes oh. It also explains the cooking lessons; he spends more time asking me for advice than actually cooking. He’s had this one sided crush over two years now though so I don’t think I’ve been of much help either haha.”
 
“Awe that’s cute, I’m sure he’ll figure it out.”
 
“Same here.”